blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:37:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273111 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  JJ tough UTG spot
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JJ tough UTG spot  (Read 3594 times)
craiggg999

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2011, 01:11:34 AM »

History on player is a guy who has called my 3 bet with9 5 when i have  KK around 50 hands before...peeled on a Q 9 3 board and turned the 5, obv all goes in and he gives me the rub down(standard)

PokerStars Game #65400274482: Tournament #432010631, $8.00+$0.80 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIX (625/1250) - 2011/08/01 20:02:12 ET
Table '432010631 45' 9-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: PioCowboy (37178 in chips)
Seat 2: Chum 0FF (85464 in chips)
Seat 3: powerhockey (28144 in chips)
Seat 4: topzozi (7068 in chips)
Seat 5: Mattis89 (23184 in chips)
Seat 6: yid_craig (44864 in chips)
Seat 7: wegwijspiet (6620 in chips)
Seat 8: JuniorJ77 (5929 in chips)
Seat 9: donald0404 (20771 in chips)
PioCowboy: posts the ante 150
Chum 0FF: posts the ante 150
powerhockey: posts the ante 150
topzozi: posts the ante 150
Mattis89: posts the ante 150
yid_craig: posts the ante 150
wegwijspiet: posts the ante 150
JuniorJ77: posts the ante 150
donald0404: posts the ante 150
powerhockey: posts small blind 625
topzozi: posts big blind 1250
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to yid_craig [ ]
Mattis89: raises 21784 to 23034 and is all-in

Horrible spot in my opinion....opinions?
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 01:13:44 AM »

[ ] UTG

[ ] Tough spot

[ ] Horrible spot

[ ] Folding

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 01:33:01 AM »

[ ] the history helps
[X] take the rest and return the rub down

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 03:38:23 AM »

well it's not a fold.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 07:26:14 AM »

Just get it in.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:58:04 PM »

Simple call

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2011, 01:57:50 PM »

Insta rr allin-never calling less we actually think this looks stronger-don't level yrslf and just iso jam.

It's not really a tough spot with JJ.

With something like 99/aqo you have a tough decision-now you gotta go with reads,dynamic, structure etc..

In this spot yr actually ahead of his range so fist pump jammage please as you would with ak.

Think tens i'd be getting it in without the fist pumpage and aqstd too.
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2011, 09:33:41 PM »

The only thing that would be deemed tough in this spot is how hard you slammed down the mouse as you click call.
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »

Don't want to be rude but this is a very easy spot. It's safe to assume that in an $8 tournament that most players are going to try and induce with a smaller raise with QQ-AA and even AK-AQ sometimes (although they are quite solidly in his range to open shove here). So JJ is a snap call. He's going to shove up with hands like 88-TT AK and AQ here quite a lot.

Sonic boom reshove.

buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »

lol mbn
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 02:29:33 PM »

threads like this go on far too long imo. download pokerstove, use a calculator and jobs done.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 08:02:57 PM »

threads like this go on far too long imo. download pokerstove, use a calculator and jobs done.
My play is very dependant on each and every different situation. One instance with the same hand is I will always c bet a rock if I miss becauSe he folds when he has not hit. Same hand and I miss I never C bet the idiot calling station because he calls. Now Dave if I down load pokerstove and use my calculator to learn what you think is the correct play in every situation, should I then be able to out play you because I know exactly what you think you should be doing so I act accordingly. Playing the opposite style to the rest of your table has always been profitable in poker. Sit with 8 tight players aggression wins, sitting with 8 aggros then tight is right. If I sit with 8 people who are stove/maths experts can I find a game/formula to beat them or is it as clear cut that stove says it's right so I can't beat it.

It's not a level just an interesting question because computers have not been able to beat chess grand masters too successfully which I assume would be down to the human being able to react better to each individual situation better than a computer

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 09:21:26 PM »

My play is very dependant on each and every different situation. One instance with the same hand is I will always c bet a rock if I miss becauSe he folds when he has not hit. Same hand and I miss I never C bet the idiot calling station because he calls. Now Dave if I down load pokerstove and use my calculator to learn what you think is the correct play in every situation, should I then be able to out play you because I know exactly what you think you should be doing so I act accordingly. Playing the opposite style to the rest of your table has always been profitable in poker. Sit with 8 tight players aggression wins, sitting with 8 aggros then tight is right. If I sit with 8 people who are stove/maths experts can I find a game/formula to beat them or is it as clear cut that stove says it's right so I can't beat it.

It's not a level just an interesting question because computers have not been able to beat chess grand masters too successfully which I assume would be down to the human being able to react better to each individual situation better than a computer

you're talking about when to/when to not Cbet, which is nothing at all connected to this thread, and I agree completely no pokerstove can tell you when you should cbet you use other poker knowledge like the things you suggested for that.

This specific hand is a case of X player jams Y range of hands. We have Z hand, we're getting X-1 odd, so need T% to call the bet. How do we find if we should have called or not?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 10:16:23 PM »

yes understand. just wanted to get a quick question in and this was the first thread i opened and was un sure how long i would have been around for.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 06:08:01 PM »

Now Dave if I down load pokerstove and use my calculator to learn what you think is the correct play in every situation, should I then be able to out play you because I know exactly what you think you should be doing so I act accordingly.

I really hope this is a joke Jason. Because this guy moves all in pre flop, it becomes a mathematical decision. Using your theory you should be able to do loads of stove and equity studies and beat Galfond hu at $1k/$2k PLO. But you can't, because that's not how poker works.

Get a job.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: