blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:41:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $1/2 PLOMAHA hand
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: $1/2 PLOMAHA hand  (Read 4194 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 12:25:15 PM »

and I would rarely fold this preflop.

How about boldie's 3-betting strategy pre-flop?
no one folds so its pretty poor strategy to not try and control the pot.

this isnt really true though jason is it Smiley

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 01:18:27 PM »

and I would rarely fold this preflop.

How about boldie's 3-betting strategy pre-flop?
no one folds so its pretty poor strategy to not try and control the pot.

this isnt really true though jason is it Smiley
fml. i was pretty sure you or keys once said this in pha. you know me dave, pretty clueless Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 01:53:15 PM »

if no1 folds we wanna bet when our hands i likely to be better than theirs!

lets not forget, this is a cash game, if/when we bust we can just buy more chips Tongue

Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 12:40:53 AM »

Lol at folding pre. Yeah you can 3bet but it's not really a good hand to do it with, you're going to flop badly/dominated against a lot of his utg opening range which is why you don't want to reduce the psr. Call the turn now and bluff board pairs. It sucks that sb is in the hand but you can't really fold.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2011, 01:18:00 AM »

Lol at folding pre. Yeah you can 3bet but it's not really a good hand to do it with, you're going to flop badly/dominated against a lot of his utg opening range which is why you don't want to reduce the psr. Call the turn now and bluff board pairs. It sucks that sb is in the hand but you can't really fold.

Do you call a shove on a brick river Rob?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2011, 12:23:28 PM »

i would be folding blank rivers almost always

a few characters in these games would make me tank the river but the line is so credible for T8 that I think we have to just give it credit, sure they'll be bluffing a % but then people are allowed to bluff sometime, especially in spots where there range is stronger than ours, and we  need him to be bluffing ~1/3 of the time and that is pretty optimistic in these games imo

TheFallen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »

i would be folding blank rivers almost always

a few characters in these games would make me tank the river but the line is so credible for T8 that I think we have to just give it credit, sure they'll be bluffing a % but then people are allowed to bluff sometime, especially in spots where there range is stronger than ours, and we  need him to be bluffing ~1/3 of the time and that is pretty optimistic in these games imo

Do you play in these games on ipoker Suup, just curious? read your blog sometimes and wondered where you find decent amounts of plo action.

On blank rivers and given the board texture, how often do you think a random reg in these games (no reads as in this case) is betting T8 vs. looking to check call? And so what do you do when checked to on a blank river?

Blame it on my A.D.D. baby
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 01:43:15 PM »

yh i play in games with Cos a lot.

I wouldn't ever expect a reg (or anyone for this matter) to chk T8 on a brick river, given that our range has only 2 hands that can Vbet and those are 68 and T8, and 68 is actually quite unlikely (or should I say much less likely than JJ/99 AKQ* with diamonds etc) and we're way more likely to bluff catch with this range than bluff or Vbet with it when chked, also if he is bluffing OTT with a hand like ATT* dd then he's going to wanna go all in.

Id be really confused by a river chk on a blank that I'd be really caught in two minds between chking and seeing wat cards he took the line with or jamming primarily with the intention of folding out 68......

fwiw Id be flatting near my entire range OTT, inc T8, we play the rest of the hand out IP with much higher visibility, as in we can rep a much wider range of hands throughout the hand and out villain's range is heavily dominated by straights (although it's possible for him to credibly rep diamonds I spose)

Jamming the turn with anything other than T8 in a spot like this with given history is pretty spewy imo and therefore it makes jamming the turn with anything a bad play most likely.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: