blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:48:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55643 times)
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 06:15:40 PM »

The softest police tactics in the world are not going to do much good against this bunch of would be gangster dregs....
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 06:16:11 PM »

This will only get interesting if they start messing with the middleclass and posh area's.

Enfield IS a middle class area.

Sorry have not seen Enfield mentioned yet on news. I wonder police will be more proactive on looting in those areas.
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 06:17:28 PM »

This will only get interesting if they start messing with the middleclass and posh area's.

Enfield WAS a middle class area.

FYP

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 06:17:41 PM »

Enfield was last night - do keep up.

Tonight the London Riot tour visits Hackney, Lewisham and, later on, Croydon.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 06:21:32 PM »

Enfield IS a middle class area.

Sorry have not seen Enfield mentioned yet on news. I wonder police will be more proactive on looting in those areas.

[/quote

Looting was done in Enfield, not sure of the numbers of arrests, and what they were for though.

More areas nearby expected to be done tonight, Palmers Green & Cheshunt, both middle class areas, though Cheshunt less so, since The Sicilian moved there...

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 06:23:15 PM »

The coverage is doing my head in, sky news every hour seem to interview another youth worker or whatever then he rattles off how little resources the youth get in those area's.  Somehow an excuse for absolute dickheads to burn down peoples houses, loot local shops an destroy any chance of spending government money there in the future. People complaining the police aint stopped the looting, lol you fancy going in to stop it with hundreds of nutters ready to pounce.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 06:25:35 PM »

Sent the snipers in and cull the vermin imo  Angry
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »

The coverage is doing my head in, sky news every hour seem to interview another youth worker or whatever then he rattles off how little resources the youth get in those area's.  Somehow an excuse for absolute dickheads to burn down peoples houses, loot local shops an destroy any chance of spending government money there in the future. People complaining the police aint stopped the looting, lol you fancy going in to stop it with hundreds of nutters ready to pounce.

I've stopped watching the news for that reason Acid. Those clowns are doing my head in. I lived in Totenham 1984-87. It was bad then, always has been, prob always will. I was brought up in worse areas that Tottenham & Enfield, with zero resources and we never had any of this rioting/looting shite.

My biggest gripe is Nando's in Enfield was looted, and I wasn't there to snap up a few Extra Hot chickens. FML.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 06:46:41 PM »

Sent the snipers in and cull the vermin imo  Angry

Yep because that worked so well in Northern Ireland in 1972 didn't it?

Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »

I think the police tactics are a little on the soft side; saying that you can quite clearly see they're innocent people mixed in with the crowd trying to figure out how to avoid.  If the police go full force, alot of innocents will get tangled up in the mess.  Then public will soon change their tune over the police tactics.  I assume they're trying to filter out the commuters/innocents and try to enclose them; going to be very hard, as these are clearly more difficult than the student protestors.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 06:53:28 PM by Alverton » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 06:53:05 PM »

Sent the snipers in and cull the vermin imo  Angry

Who gives a fuck, I have no time for any of this nonsense.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 07:39:21 PM »

Sent the snipers in and cull the vermin imo  Angry

Who gives a fuck, I have no time for any of this nonsense.

yup - burning down ppls houses ffs, get some troops in.  When the UN says whoa and Gadaffi recognises some chav ambassador as the king we might have done enough.

ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »

I think the police tactics are a little on the soft side; saying that you can quite clearly see they're innocent people mixed in with the crowd trying to figure out how to avoid.  If the police go full force, alot of innocents will get tangled up in the mess.  Then public will soon change their tune over the police tactics.  I assume they're trying to filter out the commuters/innocents and try to enclose them; going to be very hard, as these are clearly more difficult than the student protestors.

*Crowds* turn ordinary people into criminals. FACT.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
sledge13

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 07:55:30 PM »

Army wasting their time in Afganistan etc while our capital is held seige by the leftist result...what the?!!?!?
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 07:55:57 PM »

Now kicking off in brum

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: