blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:17:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55685 times)
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 09, 2011, 09:56:23 AM »

It is time to use force. Desperate times and all that. Was listening to 5 live were a street worker was saying "You have to engage with this people who are on the edge of society.... we should be out on the streets talking to them while they burn buildings..." Couldn't believe my ears.

Think it's a big test of Cameron too- let's see what he's made of

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:57 AM »

Pack them all off to parts of Africa so they can see what REAL poverty and hardship is really like.

Fucking wankers the lot of them

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: August 09, 2011, 10:11:03 AM »

It is time to use force. Desperate times and all that. Was listening to 5 live were a street worker was saying "You have to engage with this people who are on the edge of society.... we should be out on the streets talking to them while they burn buildings..." Couldn't believe my ears.

Think it's a big test of Cameron too- let's see what he's made of

Makes me wish for Thatcher.

Now to sit back and wait for Rod Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 09, 2011, 10:12:16 AM »

Other countries would'nt stand for this.  The law is too fkin soft.  Get in there with rubber bullets and go in hard.  These idiots need a good hiding and as for the parents........

Then again, they could just be warming up for the new football season which starts on Saturday

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 09, 2011, 10:13:30 AM »

Why do Parents let their childern go out in the middle of summer wearing winter coats with hoods?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Maybe they think they are off to play poker.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 09, 2011, 10:14:45 AM »

Seriously though, if these guys are getting hit by police then so what.....they shouldn't be there.  Go home to your families and abide by the law like the rest of have to.

The police really need to make a stand now and get stuck in to 'em.
taximan007

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 09, 2011, 10:16:14 AM »

Why do Parents let their childern go out in the middle of summer wearing winter coats with hoods?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?Huh?

Maybe they think they are off to play poker.

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 09, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »

from 2p2

I live in Liverpool and had been blazing and watching the riots progress through the night on BBC and Sky with a couple of friends.

Drove out to drop one of my friends home, and on the way back was flagged down by a guy in the middle of the road in a high vis jacket. At first we were slightly sceptical but then when we saw the cuts to his face were much more understanding.

Got him into my car and he said what happened. The man was a truck driver in his lates 30's early 40's. Had pulled up on the side of the road to sleep and his truck was broken into by 4 lads. Hammers used to smash in the windows. Dragged him out the truck and beat him, kicked him in the eye leaving him with a very bloody and swollen eye.

We called the busys and tried to follow the truck. But by this stage it had gotten away and there were many routes it could have taken. The police arrived and sorted it from there. The truck was found 2 miles away dumped in the middle of a very poor area, high in crime.

Me and my friend were just in pure shock. That some people must actually rationalise doing things like this and be able to live with themselves. A disgusting and totally needless act.

The fact that there are even riots in Liverpool is ridiculous. Just a bunch of complete morons from a weaker gene pool, seeing whats happening in London and for some reason thinking they must follow suit.

Complete bullheads the lot of them. All completely worthless.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 09, 2011, 10:37:42 AM »

Some incredible photography

http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2011/08/london_riots.html

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 09, 2011, 10:40:08 AM »

02:20  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456061
We police by consent, we won't be bringing the army in. Another night of this and she'll be out of a job imo.

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
Geo the Sarge

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 09, 2011, 10:44:46 AM »

If the Army were to be used, I'd like to see something in the order of:

Saturate the area and herd them all into one area - contain/kettle, call it what you like.

Once contained, ship into a fleet of trucks and taken to some disused Army camp or similar, then processed over a few days.

Mugshots/Fingerprints/DNA/Personal details taken. When run through the various datbases at a later time would probably identify culprits for various crimes not even linked to the current situation.

Using any photographic/CCTV evidence where possible to identify any currently held, charge and transport to prison to be remanded before appearing at court. Most importantly, ensure the sentencing reflects that we will no longer tolerate this sort of crap.

Will it happen, probably not because immediate costs would be huge. Guaranteed the costs for going about it without the above process will be just as large, if not more.

Yes, there maybe some unfortunates amongst them, however for a few days hardship gotta be worth the sacrifice, after all think of the years of hardship that has been inflicted on so many innocents so far due to loss of businesses/homes due to these morons.

Geo

When you get..........give. When you learn.......teach
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 09, 2011, 10:47:27 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150333636850851&comments

fucking scum

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: August 09, 2011, 10:48:23 AM »

What does "We police by consent" mean? Just involving community leaders? Do they think that's going to work?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: August 09, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »

If the Army were to be used, I'd like to see something in the order of:

Saturate the area and herd them all into one area - contain/kettle, call it what you like.

Once contained, ship into a fleet of trucks and taken to some disused Army camp or similar, then processed over a few days.

Mugshots/Fingerprints/DNA/Personal details taken. When run through the various datbases at a later time would probably identify culprits for various crimes not even linked to the current situation.

Using any photographic/CCTV evidence where possible to identify any currently held, charge and transport to prison to be remanded before appearing at court. Most importantly, ensure the sentencing reflects that we will no longer tolerate this sort of crap.

Will it happen, probably not because immediate costs would be huge. Guaranteed the costs for going about it without the above process will be just as large, if not more.

Yes, there maybe some unfortunates amongst them, however for a few days hardship gotta be worth the sacrifice, after all think of the years of hardship that has been inflicted on so many innocents so far due to loss of businesses/homes due to these morons.

Geo

Fairly sure that's illegal unless a state of emergency has been called off.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 09, 2011, 10:55:10 AM »

Watching that astounded me, I'm just speechless. The BBC Original for non fb peeps is

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14456065
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 10:57:35 AM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: