blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:04:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55651 times)
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 10, 2011, 03:11:57 PM »

The poundland picture is just brilliant. Its the gastronomic equiavlent of going to El Bulli and filling up on bread

El Bulli has closed down as a Restaurant. It is now a training school they could never make it pay.

Regards

M
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: August 10, 2011, 03:12:36 PM »

Agree with that.

A lot of the problem for these kids is boredom and their role models.  The gang members are what they aspire to be and look up to, and they fall into crime very early on.  Not sure if there's a simple solution to address the peer-pressure and lack of guidance/positive role-models.

I accept that there isn't a simple solution to the lack of role models for this generation but fathers have to be involved in their kids lives and this idea that you can just run around siring kids and then play no further role in their lives is just absolutely crazy.   It is all very well to talk about how they have opportunities and that is theoretically true but they literally don't have any concept of how to do these things and who to turn to help get access to them.  Everyone is assuming that they understand the route out of poverty and to education and jobs but if nobody in your family has a job or ever started a business who do you turn to for advice.  To many of these kids the basics tenets of civiliized life seem like a world that is not accessible to them. 

These kids will be parents soon.

The problem is that stupid people breed with stupid people and create stupid children.

These stupid children are then educated primarily by their stupid parents so become even more stupid.

I know that occasionally you'll get a throwback to a previous intelligent gene in the family history but on the whole there's just more and more stupid genes being thrown together created a stupid nation.

Unfortunately because stupid people are stupid they breed a lot more than intelligent people so therefore the intelligent/stupid divide becomes wider and wider.

Until they put some kind of control on the number of children stupid people are allowed to have I'm afraid we're heading in a bad direction.

I think it's a lot more to do with nuture rather than nature, but the same net effect.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 10, 2011, 03:21:09 PM »

wow lol

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 10, 2011, 03:26:19 PM »

wow lol

Police brutality for sure

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 10, 2011, 03:31:14 PM »

wow lol

[/quote

?

Are you on drugs?

That was self defence and reasonable force.

Regards

M
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 10, 2011, 03:32:28 PM »

The problem is that stupid people breed with stupid people and create stupid children.

These stupid children are then educated primarily by their stupid parents so become even more stupid.

I know that occasionally you'll get a throwback to a previous intelligent gene in the family history but on the whole there's just more and more stupid genes being thrown together created a stupid nation.

Unfortunately because stupid people are stupid they breed a lot more than intelligent people so therefore the intelligent/stupid divide becomes wider and wider.

Until they put some kind of control on the number of children stupid people are allowed to have I'm afraid we're heading in a bad direction.

Pretty much this, i was going to think of a more elegant way to put it, but opted not to.

There is no easy solution to stopping the actual mentality behind this as the problem is already a generation in.

If i had seen both my parents have a decent life without ever having gone to work then i would probs have done the same. If i was already like that and saw ppl getting free shit down the high st, then obv i would get involved. Morals and ethics need to be instilled early doors imo which falls to the parents.

I also believe if more had been done over the last decade or so to tackle yob culture at the lowest level then we would never have had to deal with this shit. Curfews etc might stop the looting etc in the short term but it wont actually change their perspective or tackle the actual rationale behind their actions.

I really wish we were more like Germany, Belgium etc when it comes to stuff like this. Probs best thing to come out of the whole thing is this thread..

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 10, 2011, 03:37:01 PM »

Press are gonna have a field day with this, one of the cops throws something over the wall and i can't figure out what it is. Any ideas?

ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 10, 2011, 03:38:14 PM »

wow lol

[/quote

?

Are you on drugs?

That was self defence and reasonable force.

Regards

M

Am I on drugs? Asking me that would suggest that I have completely misread the situation. Put your specs back on and watch what happens with the cyclist at 0:16. Tell me what type of physical threat this person was offering to the approaching police officer? The one who thought it necessary to bludgeon the individual who had just got off his bike.

Regards

MM

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:53 PM »

If i had seen both my parents have a decent life without ever having gone to work then i would probs have done the same. If i was already like that and saw ppl getting free shit down the high st, then obv i would get involved. Morals and ethics need to be instilled early doors imo which falls to the parents.

I think it is less a case of this than they see one of their parents (normally the mother) struggling with maybe two jobs to bring up a couple of kids and still they don't have much more of a life than a council flat and a bus pass.  On the other hand there are a couple of guys in the neighbourhood that have got nice cars, watches, got on holiday a couple of times a year and they sell drugs or are robbers and don't seemt o do that much work and lead a nice lifestyle.  It is difficult to keep kids on the right path when those are the only two paths that they see people having gone down.  They need realistic examples of people that have acheived nice lives and realistic success through proper hard work and those examples are so few and far between in those communities.  The life choice seems simple work hard and struggle or thief and hustle and prosper. 

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 10, 2011, 03:51:52 PM »

This guy can't be serious. Cliffs: " Police have a license to kill, when it comes to black people "

It will take a fair few baton whacks, we wont even let them out with plastic bullets.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 10, 2011, 03:57:38 PM »

Working hard and struggling or turning to crime for easy rewards is a choice open to every one of us.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: August 10, 2011, 04:02:40 PM »

lol @ that clip..Sky clearly knew what the guy's opinion would be. Sensationalist press by a very very poor news channel.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 10, 2011, 04:04:20 PM »

I think it is less a case of this than they see one of their parents (normally the mother) struggling with maybe two jobs to bring up a couple of kids and still they don't have much more of a life than a council flat and a bus pass.  On the other hand there are a couple of guys in the neighbourhood that have got nice cars, watches, got on holiday a couple of times a year and they sell drugs or are robbers and don't seemt o do that much work and lead a nice lifestyle.  It is difficult to keep kids on the right path when those are the only two paths that they see people having gone down.  They need realistic examples of people that have acheived nice lives and realistic success through proper hard work and those examples are so few and far between in those communities.  The life choice seems simple work hard and struggle or thief and hustle and prosper. 

Not so sure. I would have to see the exact stats but i am pretty sure that the amount of non working single mothers (that is discounting the non working parents living as a couple) will outweigh the single mothers with one or two jobs. Certainly in the areas reported in London. I think you are giving too much credit to the previous generation. But one thing i do agree is that there is a distinct lack of decent role models, but these have to come from people they can relate to and closer to home.

Although i'm not a fan of the music/film role models argument that some people take. First album i bought was Rap Hits 96 and my fav film as a kid was Menace 2 Society but ive still never shot a shop keeper in the face. Has to start at home imo.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 10, 2011, 04:05:59 PM »

lol @ that clip..Sky clearly knew what the guy's opinion would be. Sensationalist press by a very very poor news channel.

Used to be a big fan of the BBC, but i must admit i think Sky News have pissed all over BBC for reporting this.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 10, 2011, 04:07:30 PM »

You like having a poke at Sky and the Daily Mail don't you?   BBC/Guardian fan by any chance?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: