blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 12:42:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273127 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Tottenham riots
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tottenham riots  (Read 55649 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: August 10, 2011, 12:09:45 PM »

lol @ the dailymail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2024348/LONDON-RIOTS-2011-Metropolitan-Polices-Paul-Stephenson-crippled-liberalism.html

Political lust for media blood 'left the Met Police rudderless and crippled by liberalism' is the title of the link.

Erm, wasn't it the Daily Mail that was hammering the NOTW thing a few weeks ago?

Dunno why your lol'ing, a good chunk of the country agree with him. With respect, just because its your viewpoint don't automatically assume your right  Smiley

I'm lol'ing, very loudly, because the Daily mail are very much partly responsible due to their Political lust for media blood and are now bitching and moaning about it.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 10, 2011, 12:13:32 PM »

It amazes me that Stu is a pro poker player when I see posts as intelligent and conscientiousness as this.

FYI I don't completely buy the lack of opportunity argument at all. We currently live in the greatest time ever to live, the stuff you can do on a mobile phone or laptop now is awe inspiring. Kids these days have shit loads more prospects and opportunities than every generation before them.

Disagree, baby boomers had the best of it.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 10, 2011, 12:39:30 PM »

The poundland picture is just brilliant. Its the gastronomic equiavlent of going to El Bulli and filling up on bread
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2011, 12:50:11 PM »

It amazes me that Stu is a pro poker player when I see posts as intelligent and conscientiousness as this.

FYI I don't completely buy the lack of opportunity argument at all. We currently live in the greatest time ever to live, the stuff you can do on a mobile phone or laptop now is awe inspiring. Kids these days have shit loads more prospects and opportunities than every generation before them.

Disagree, baby boomers had the best of it.

Yes it is quite likely that this will be the first generation that is poorer than their parents but that is pretty much irrelevant in most of these cases because they aren't the first generation in their families to feel this sense of hopelessness and it is this underclass that we have created that are the main participants and they have no role models like Stu said.  Many of them have little to no contact with their fathers and, as a result of that, they don't get much guidance from their mothers because they are massively stretched trying to support their families.  Of course the fact that the politicians don't address these problems is largely down to the political correctness that Woodsey refers to and whilst absent fathers isn't a uniquely black problem it certainly affects that community disproportionately and there are some truly wonderful services that are seeking to help with that that have been savagely cut by the present government.  Of course the lack of role models, lack of services, lack of opportunities and whatever other reason/excuse you can come up with don't justify these actions but we would be irresponsible not to look at what factors may have contributed to this and look to address them.  Unfortunately these kinds of public disorder can embolden the thugs and if they get away with it it can lead to further problems down the line.  A look at the 'career' of Mark Lambie who was involved in Broadwater Farm proves this.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

That will be fine until someone gets killed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-14471405

Unfortunately, it sounds like that's what has happened.

Was bad enough already.  Sigh.  Very sad.  RIP to them.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
ManuelsMum

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 10, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »

Found the ringleader

When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me i didn't understand the assignment, and I told them they didn't understand life.
J Lennon
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 10, 2011, 01:48:25 PM »

southwark and greenwich councils looking into evicting any tenants found to have been rioting, croydon, hammersmith and fulham considering joining in too. housing minister grant shapps has tweeted that he'll support any social landlords who choose to evict

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2011, 01:55:38 PM »

It is a joke to me when I hear kids have a sense of hopelessness or a lack of opportunities in this country. Every single child has access to quality education free of charge, if they get sick they will be looked after free of charge, they can access free libraries with free computers, there is an abundance of apprenticeships and free training available to get into work. You can set up your own business from nothing and many have. The list is endless. I mean how many opportunites do people want? There are lots of stories all around about how people have risen from nothing to achieve greatness or at least achieve a good standard of living through simple endeavour. These problem kids can't be arsed to work hard and grasp the abundance of opportunities they have on offer. And nobody is to blame for that but them.

I look at the pictures on the news where kids die every day in Africa because they don't have clean water to drink or enough food to eat and I think it is those people who have a right to feel hopeless. Parents scrimping every penny together so they can pay for their children to go to school and often going without themselves to make that sacrifice.

The problem with the spoilt kids in the Uk is that they think the world owes them a living and they are deserving of reward without working hard to achieve it. If you don't want to work hard because of what your mates will say then you will have nothing, and you will deserve to have nothing.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #368 on: August 10, 2011, 02:04:44 PM »

southwark and greenwich councils looking into evicting any tenants found to have been rioting, croydon, hammersmith and fulham considering joining in too. housing minister grant shapps has tweeted that he'll support any social landlords who choose to evict

This sure will happen.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 10, 2011, 02:07:58 PM »

This sure will happen.

Of course it will happen, it's just that once evicted they'll be put up in a more expensive house somewhere else.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: August 10, 2011, 02:08:38 PM »

It is a joke to me when I hear kids have a sense of hopelessness or a lack of opportunities in this country. Every single child has access to quality education free of charge, if they get sick they will be looked after free of charge, they can access free libraries with free computers, there is an abundance of apprenticeships and free training available to get into work. You can set up your own business from nothing and many have. The list is endless. I mean how many opportunites do people want? There are lots of stories all around about how people have risen from nothing to achieve greatness or at least achieve a good standard of living through simple endeavour. These problem kids can't be arsed to work hard and grasp the abundance of opportunities they have on offer. And nobody is to blame for that but them.

I look at the pictures on the news where kids die every day in Africa because they don't have clean water to drink or enough food to eat and I think it is those people who have a right to feel hopeless. Parents scrimping every penny together so they can pay for their children to go to school and often going without themselves to make that sacrifice.

The problem with the spoilt kids in the Uk is that they think the world owes them a living and they are deserving of reward without working hard to achieve it. If you don't want to work hard because of what your mates will say then you will have nothing, and you will deserve to have nothing.

Agree with that.

A lot of the problem for these kids is boredom and their role models.  The gang members are what they aspire to be and look up to, and they fall into crime very early on.  Not sure if there's a simple solution to address the peer-pressure and lack of guidance/positive role-models.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25:37 PM »

Agree with that.

A lot of the problem for these kids is boredom and their role models.  The gang members are what they aspire to be and look up to, and they fall into crime very early on.  Not sure if there's a simple solution to address the peer-pressure and lack of guidance/positive role-models.

I don't know why me, you, or anybody else in society is obligated to find a solution to their boredom problems. I don't get bored myself as I'm forever working hard to provide for a better future. The way I would solve it is get that woman who stole a bag of rice and bust her ass on a community chain gang for one year. The message would be quite clear that society doesn't tolerate this sort of behaviour. That society is already providing you with enough free stuff and if you throw it back in our faces you will pay a heavy price. If kids can't understand a year of hard graft and lack of liberty isn't worth a bag of rice then there's no hope for them in life anyway.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 10, 2011, 02:32:05 PM »

Agree with that.

I accept that there isn't a simple solution to the lack of role models for this generation but fathers have to be involved in their kids lives and this idea that you can just run around siring kids and then play no further role in their lives is just absolutely crazy.   It is all very well to talk about how they have opportunities and that is theoretically true but they literally don't have any concept of how to do these things and who to turn to help get access to them.  Everyone is assuming that they understand the route out of poverty and to education and jobs but if nobody in your family has a job or ever started a business who do you turn to for advice.  To many of these kids the basics tenets of civiliized life seem like a world that is not accessible to them.  

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: August 10, 2011, 02:54:55 PM »

Agree with that.

I accept that there isn't a simple solution to the lack of role models for this generation but fathers have to be involved in their kids lives and this idea that you can just run around siring kids and then play no further role in their lives is just absolutely crazy.   It is all very well to talk about how they have opportunities and that is theoretically true but they literally don't have any concept of how to do these things and who to turn to help get access to them.  Everyone is assuming that they understand the route out of poverty and to education and jobs but if nobody in your family has a job or ever started a business who do you turn to for advice.  To many of these kids the basics tenets of civiliized life seem like a world that is not accessible to them. 

These kids will be parents soon.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 10, 2011, 03:01:27 PM »

Agree with that.

A lot of the problem for these kids is boredom and their role models.  The gang members are what they aspire to be and look up to, and they fall into crime very early on.  Not sure if there's a simple solution to address the peer-pressure and lack of guidance/positive role-models.

I accept that there isn't a simple solution to the lack of role models for this generation but fathers have to be involved in their kids lives and this idea that you can just run around siring kids and then play no further role in their lives is just absolutely crazy.   It is all very well to talk about how they have opportunities and that is theoretically true but they literally don't have any concept of how to do these things and who to turn to help get access to them.  Everyone is assuming that they understand the route out of poverty and to education and jobs but if nobody in your family has a job or ever started a business who do you turn to for advice.  To many of these kids the basics tenets of civiliized life seem like a world that is not accessible to them.  

These kids will be parents soon.

The problem is that stupid people breed with stupid people and create stupid children.

These stupid children are then educated primarily by their stupid parents so become even more stupid.

I know that occasionally you'll get a throwback to a previous intelligent gene in the family history but on the whole there's just more and more stupid genes being thrown together created a stupid nation.

Unfortunately because stupid people are stupid they breed a lot more than intelligent people so therefore the intelligent/stupid divide becomes wider and wider.

Until they put some kind of control on the number of children stupid people are allowed to have I'm afraid we're heading in a bad direction.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:03:11 PM by EvilPie » Logged

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: