blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:45:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 619183 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5145 on: August 17, 2020, 08:41:20 PM »

Everyone's rosters should now be updated to reflect their chosen keeper lists, and you should be able to move players around on your own roster.

bobby1 and Ironside need to process the Kamara trade please.

And just to confirm that #freejoshgordon are on the clock at 1.01 and their clock will expire at 4pm tomorrow (7pm start, 4 hrs available to 11pm, pause until 8am, then the remaining 8 hrs are available)

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5146 on: August 17, 2020, 08:58:08 PM »

How is the Initial waiver order for next season determined. Is it draft order or reverse draft order? Or something else?

Ta

This is done purely on last season's finish positions, in reverse order, so is slightly different to the draft order which is designed to encourage teams to stay competitive in the post-season.

So, the initial waiver order will be as follows, when eventually set:
1  Stevef31
2  KarmaDope
3  the sicilian
4  ChipRich/LeKnave
5  Ironside
6  ForthThistle
7  Sheriff Fatman
8  Tal
9  TightEnd
10  bobby1

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #5147 on: August 17, 2020, 09:02:12 PM »

With the #1 pick in the 2020 Draft #freejoshgordon select

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

RB, Kansas City Chiefs

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5148 on: August 17, 2020, 09:03:37 PM »

Ive just tried to make the trade offer to Iron that we have already made but it won’t allow me to select trade Kamara. The trade picks in my team And Irons aren’t updated with the correct picks listed in the thread. The only way I can try to do it is to ‘propose trade’ in Irons  team and then Just trade his 1st and 2nd to Round pick to me as the pick 10 no the trade was mine originally so is listed in my draft picks.

Should I do that bud or should I wait until the correct draft picks going into the season are showing in there?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5149 on: August 17, 2020, 09:18:18 PM »

Below is a copy and paste of the long-standing general rules for the league, for everyone's reference.  Again, the general approach is to try to interfere as little as possible, unless absolutely necessary.

For clarity, any references to the Commish or me in the below now should be treated as myself and/or Tal, who has Co-Commissioner access to the site once again.  As well as being a big help to me, this enables any dispute which involves either one of us to be left to the other one to rule upon as an 'independent' person.  Hopefully these will continue to be largely for reference, but we have had cause to refer to them previously, so its useful to have them.

There are 4 main areas where we now have general guidelines:

1) Trades
As in previous years, the trade veto is set to the Commish having veto power, rather than a league vote as you may see in other leagues you play.  This isn't a shot a world domination, just a means to make the league run more smoothly.  If a trade gets put to the vote, it usually takes 2-3 days to be processed while the vote stays open, causing frustration if a trade takes place near game-time and doesn't happen that week (even worse if someone in the trade then gets injured before it processes and all hell breaks loose).  Having it referred to us is purely a means to speed things up when trades are agreed between teams.  Basically, if you're unhappy with a trade then get in touch ASAP and I'll review it, but we won't have an automatic 48-72hr voting period until it gets processed.

The general guideline is that the Commish is not going to police stupidity, hence 'bad'/uneven trades that you manage to agree are fine (and in some cases to be admired!)  I'll only intervene if I suspect there's collusion, or if someone complains and I review and uphold the complaint (the review process generally being to ask the managers to justify it from their viewpoint).  Provided there's a valid explanation from each manager as to why it benefits their team, then that should generally suffice.  Consequently, I'd be surprised if I need to take any action on any trades during the season, so I don't expect this to actually have any material impact on the trade process.

I'll obviously try to get trades processed ASAP once notified, but please be mindful of the review process, especially close to gametime, as I can't always guarantee to be available.  However, we've had no major issues to date and I intend for this to continue.

2) Abandoned Teams
Pretty much the only thing I ask of managers who join the league is that they continue to manage their teams to the end, no matter how badly they're doing.  The reason for this is that the integrity of the league depends on everyone staying involved.  We've replaced a manager for the first time this season based upon this principle, and hopefully it will be the last time we have to do this.

For clarity, all I'm talking about here is taking the 10 minutes each week to set your best available line-up and, in particular, to deal with players on bye weeks or with long-term injuries so that they're not sitting in your starting line up.  I can live with occasional lapses, and have been guilty of them myself.  I'm more concerned with persistent, sustained abandonment which will likely result in someone not being invited back next year.

However, in the event that a team does become abandoned, then the treatment I will adopt is to do nothing with their team in terms of changing it's line up.  This is the fairest method available as the advantage/disadvantage to other managers is effectively random (i.e. I don't know at this point who will benefit from this, whereas any intervention at the time will have a clear outcome in terms of creating an advantage/disadvantage for someone, potentially myself).

The one exception is if someone maliciously abandons their team and dumps all the players back into the free agent pool (where the advantage of this would depend on the current waiver priority).  In this case, I will intervene to return the abandoned team to it's previous state, before then treating as an abandoned team as above.

3) Unforeseen Events/Site Errors
I'm mentioning this one as the site sometimes creates some uncertainty as to how it will deal with something (e.g. league tie-breakers, or play-off seeding).  Generally, if something of this nature arises, the principle I try to apply is to replicate how the real NFL works.  If the site appears to be doing something contrary to this, and it has an impact on the integrity of the league in my opinion (i.e. a No1 seed being given a disadvantageous play-off draw due to a miscalculation by the site) then I will intervene as necessary to correct this.  If so, I will always attempt to give notice of my intentions on the thread, so that objections can be raised in advance.

4) IR Slots
This is something where Yahoo changed the site functionality a few seasons ago, so we had to amend the approach to how these work to fit it.  Originally, only players with an official NFL 'IR' designation could be set to IR on the site, and they had to stay there for the season.  In recent seasons IR slots are were opened to players designated as 'IR', 'PUP' and, most controversially, 'O' (Out).  The IR slot is also reversible in-game, so a player on IR can be moved back onto the active roster without any minimum waiting period.

Since this became the site default, with no option to amend it, we've allowed the IR slots to be used with this flexibility, as everyone has the same ability to use it in this way.  Consequently, it can be a temporary dumping group for players who are eligible to be moved there, and I suspect there'll be more statuses added to it this year with the COVID designations.  The site will determine if you can put a player into one of the IR slots.  If so, use them as you see fit.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5150 on: August 17, 2020, 09:25:19 PM »

Ive just tried to make the trade offer to Iron that we have already made but it won’t allow me to select trade Kamara. The trade picks in my team And Irons aren’t updated with the correct picks listed in the thread. The only way I can try to do it is to ‘propose trade’ in Irons  team and then Just trade his 1st and 2nd to Round pick to me as the pick 10 no the trade was mine originally so is listed in my draft picks.

Should I do that bud or should I wait until the correct draft picks going into the season are showing in there?

Thank you for demonstrating why the attached sentence in one of the earlier posts was required.  

A reminder too that the picks you can trade on the Yahoo site will be 2021 picks, as the site thinks the 2020 draft has happened once you get access to your rosters.  Regardless of players involved in the trade, Yahoo requires an even number of draft picks to be used in its transactions, so please use the late round picks for this purpose (round 30 first, then round 29, etc).

2020 Picks can only be logged via the list on here.  The site picks are now 2021 picks (and I need to find a way to amend them for the one traded last year).  To process the Kamara trade, you'll just have to swap 30th round picks and add Kamara to your side (making Ironside look like a genius, as far as the site trading goes!)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5151 on: August 17, 2020, 09:30:39 PM »

With the #1 pick in the 2020 Draft #freejoshgordon select

Clyde Edwards-Helaire

RB, Kansas City Chiefs

You should be able to make the pickup on the site already, so feel free to do it.

The sicilian is on the clock at 1.02, expiring 6:03pm tomorrow.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5152 on: August 17, 2020, 09:31:00 PM »

Oops sorry bud. I’ll do that now.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5153 on: August 17, 2020, 09:33:34 PM »

I can keep up with this so far Smiley

Round - Manager - Pick
1.01  ChipRich/LeKnave - Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB, KC
1.02  the sicilian -
1.03  KarmaDope -
1.04  Stevef31 -
1.05  ForthThistle -
1.06  bobby1 (thru Ironside) -
1.07  Tal -
1.08  Sheriff Fatman -
1.09  TightEnd -
1.10  bobby1 (thru Ironside thru bobby1) -

2.01  ChipRich/LeKnave -
2.02  bobby1 (thru the sicilian) -
2.03  KarmaDope -
2.04  Stevef31 -
2.05  bobby1 (thru ForthThistle) -
2.06  bobby1 (thru Ironside) -
2.07  bobby1 (thru Tal) -
2.08  Sheriff Fatman -
2.09  TightEnd -
2.10  TightEnd (thru bobby1) -

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5154 on: August 17, 2020, 11:38:36 PM »

(making Ironside look like a genius, as far as the site trading goes!)

quoted for future reference

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #5155 on: August 18, 2020, 02:16:41 PM »

Tifosi Blackhearts chose

Jonathan Taylor Indiana RB

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #5156 on: August 18, 2020, 02:54:12 PM »

Tifosi Blackhearts chose

Jonathan Taylor Indiana RB

KarmaDope on the clock.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5157 on: August 18, 2020, 08:24:23 PM »

JK Dobbins, BAL, RB
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #5158 on: August 18, 2020, 08:43:22 PM »

Steve is on holiday but I’ve let him know he’s on the clock.

Stevef31

View Profile
« Reply #5159 on: August 18, 2020, 09:14:59 PM »

Steve is on holiday but I’ve let him know he’s on the clock.

Pick number four is UGA running back D'Andre Swift of the Detroit Lions. My corresponding drop is Jordan Wilkins. Thanks. Steve.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 343 [344] 345 346 347 348 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: