blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:16:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612194 times)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 20, 2012, 08:42:41 PM »

Week 2 Update (got caught out by the Thursday game in week 1!):

Sheriff (1-1) 149.94 - LeKnave (1-1) 108.96 - Somewhat harsh on LeKnave to score over 100pts and still lose heavily.  Spiller and Reggie Bush scored 30pts each and most other players contributed double digits, meaning that the 4th highest score of the week got nothing to show for it.

ChipRich (1-1) 84.44 - Horneris (2-0) 98.94 - Heavy scoring from RG3 helped Horner to a reasonable total but Rich will be kicking himself for selecting Decker ahead of Hakeem Nicks at WR.  The 20pts left on the bench made the difference (although Horner could argue he'd left 11 there at the TE position).  Horner moves to 2-0 and looks to be on course for another strong Fantasy showing.

Linux (0-2) 91.50 - jek187 (1-1) 98.36 - Last year's runner up Linux slips to a surprising 0-2 start after leading from Thursday until late in the MNF game before being hauled in by jek.  Matt Ryan's 19pts were enough to make the difference.

Tighty (1-1) 67.32 - Marky/sharplea (1-1) 81.34 - Comfortable win for the newbie combo after Tighty has a nightmare day from his RBs, WRs and TEs, none of whom score over 3pts.  Cam Newton on Tighty's team is the highest scorer with 25pts, but it's not enough.  It still went down to the wire though, as the result wasn't decided until the MNF game.

Nakor (2-0) 125.14 - bobby1 (1-1) 98.10 - Strong performance from Nakor's team takes him to 2-0 and top of the standings.  Vick, Foster and Cruz all contributed over 20pts giving him a big early lead which was never in danger.  Julio Jones performance was probably the biggest letdown in Phil's team, contributing only 1.5pts to the total.

Camel (1-1) 118.06 - WPIL (0-2) 95.30 - Fantasy newbie Camel gets his first win with a healthy haul of points, despite being affected by Aaron Hernandez's injury.  WPIL didn't help his cause by missing Dustin Keller being ruled out of the game and was also let down by Andre Johnson going AWOL with only a 2pt performance.

So, 2 weeks in and only 2 players with 100% records and a plethora of teams with 0.500 records.

The pick of the matchups in Week 3 looks to be leader Nakor taking on the walking database from across the pond.  Can he maintain his early form or will jek prove that experience counts for everything?  The (notoriously bad) NFL projections have jek as a 4pt favourite, despite projecting that Arian Foster will contribute 36pts to Nakor's team.  We'll see what the weekend brings.

Good luck to everyone, even ChipRich and his transparent attempt to jinx my team with his advanced concession!

NB: I had a fairly good fantasy week overall across my leagues with scores of 149.94, 131.94, 129, 113.04, & 111.74 looking quite impressive.  Unfortunately, the 113.04 score was a absolute disaster (the lowest of the week) in jek's Double Roster league so I ended up with 4 wins and an arse-kicking!  To rub salt into the wounds, jek's team piled on a slightly healthier 202.88 points in his matchup and he's sitting comfortably at 2-0 in 2nd place!  If I'm going to retain my title I'll need to do it via the back door of the play-offs.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 20, 2012, 08:50:59 PM »

Pigskin Pickem Update: Week 2:

Spread:

RK   ENTRY, OWNER   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   TOTAL   PCT
1   Nakor UK 2 1, Nakor UK 2   9   6   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   15   70.3
2   horneris 1, horneris   8   5   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   13   48.7
2   tighty9299 1, tighty9299   5   8   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   13   48.7
2   ChipRich20 1, ChipRich20   6   7   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   13   48.7
5   LeKnave, LeKnave   8   4   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   12   40.5
5   Sheriff - Spread, Riffman117   5   7   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   12   40.5

Nakor moves into a 2 game lead while the rest of us concertina on 12-13 points.  At least I'm joined by LeKnave at the bottom of the pile.

Straight:

RK   ENTRY, OWNER   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   TOTAL   PCT
1   Sheriff - Money Line, Riffman117   9   10   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   19   86.5
2   Nakor UK 1, Nakor UK   9   8   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   17   65.5
3   tighty4467 1, tighty4467   8   6   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   14   45.1

A disappointing 3 entries somewhat devalues the fact that I'm top of this one!

Eliminator Update:

Horneris wins in Week 2 thanks to the Giant's last-gasp comeback against the Bucs.  5 of us got caught out by New England's loss to Arizona and Nakor clearly misjudge how good Oakland were (or how bad Miami were!).

Keep plugging in the entries, and we can treat GW3 as the start of another game!

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #362 on: September 20, 2012, 10:05:14 PM »

I can't seem to get back into the eliminator.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 20, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »

I can't seem to get back into the eliminator.

Works for me so not sure why this would be.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 20, 2012, 11:54:06 PM »

Nice update Sheriff, thanks.

Pretty pathetic defeatist attitude from ChipRich, I thought he was a better competitor than that.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 21, 2012, 12:11:03 AM »

Good luck to everyone, even ChipRich and his transparent attempt to jinx my team with his advanced concession!

hahaha, so true.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 21, 2012, 05:22:36 PM »

Bokking did not work, even your D got 16 points to start you off.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 24, 2012, 09:58:32 PM »

If I get the points to beat you tonight Tightend, you may have to change your blonde username.

TE   
D. Rosario TE - SD
   ATL   
Loss, 3-27
   1 Fum 0.00 Yards   -2.00
TE   
C. Fleener TE - IND 
   JAC   
Loss, 17-22
   0.00 Yards                  0.00

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 24, 2012, 10:01:57 PM »

If I get the points to beat you tonight Tightend, you may have to change your blonde username.

TE   
D. Rosario TE - SD
   ATL   
Loss, 3-27
   1 Fum 0.00 Yards   -2.00
TE   
C. Fleener TE - IND 
   JAC   
Loss, 17-22
   0.00 Yards                  0.00

lol

I had all world days from Jamaal Charles and Andre Brown at RB and the square root of nothing from WR x 2 and TE x 2

Can't get the whole line up firing so far.

You should beat me looking at who you have left to play tonight

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 26, 2012, 08:55:41 AM »

I would like to launch an official complaint about player "Jek" manager of team "Siberian Alcoholics".

He offered me the worst trade I have ever been offered in any fantasy league. Heath Miller (pick 153 in the draft) for Jeremy Maclin (pick 68). I am aware that tightends hold extra value in this league but this is a below average tightend coming off a career week, playing way above his station for Philadelphia's star wideout, who has some non-serious injury issues but in the one week he did play in full secured 96 yards and a td. And as well all know, if Philly click on offense there is no roof to his upside with Vick at centre.

Trade rape isn't a crime, you can just say no, but it his reply to me when I said no and asked if he was talking the piss that I have a problem with and I wouldn't like to see other forum members be hoodwinked by this menace.

Jek "Didn't think I was taking the piss. I figured you could use an upgrade over Witten, and Maclin is just a reserve for you, so it seemed to me that the deal made sense. In terms of total value, Heath is even worth a hair more than Maclin imo. But to each their own, I'll leave you out of future offers so as to avoid offending you in the future."

I was amazed he claimed Heath Miller was an upgrade over Jason Witten. Witten is coming into full health now after a spleen injury and it is only a matter of time till he starts firing again (he dropped a simple 40 yard td after running a beautiful route on Sunday). So i replied offering him a small wager, $50 or $100 Witten vs Miller fantasy points from this point onwards.

The reason that Jek claimed I had to make the trade was that Miller was an upgrade on Witten and on that statement alone I wanted to make a wager which I was certain he would have to accept after what he said, surely?

Yet, the man replied with a different bet referring to Miller and the other Tightends against Maclin and the other receivers (which I'm sure gave him an edge) thereby completely ignoring/backing down on his outlandish claims.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 26, 2012, 09:09:36 AM »

Is this serious?

Don't see anything wrong with the offer. You know he's going to be trying to maximise the timing and value of the trade, and thats fair enough. You'll say no, he moves on

I have a similar offer from him that I might well accept. Not because I don't think he is getting a little bit the better side of it but because my TE position is such a mess/big drawback, so I can take a bit of negative up front for the prospect of better performance from TE than I currently get (my mistake, I missed the draft and underestimated the importance of 2xTE in team selection)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 26, 2012, 02:35:38 PM »

I would like to launch an official complaint about player "Jek" manager of team "Siberian Alcoholics".

He offered me the worst trade I have ever been offered in any fantasy league. Heath Miller (pick 153 in the draft) for Jeremy Maclin (pick 68). I am aware that tightends hold extra value in this league but this is a below average tightend coming off a career week, playing way above his station for Philadelphia's star wideout, who has some non-serious injury issues but in the one week he did play in full secured 96 yards and a td. And as well all know, if Philly click on offense there is no roof to his upside with Vick at centre.

Trade rape isn't a crime, you can just say no, but it his reply to me when I said no and asked if he was talking the piss that I have a problem with and I wouldn't like to see other forum members be hoodwinked by this menace.

Jek "Didn't think I was taking the piss. I figured you could use an upgrade over Witten, and Maclin is just a reserve for you, so it seemed to me that the deal made sense. In terms of total value, Heath is even worth a hair more than Maclin imo. But to each their own, I'll leave you out of future offers so as to avoid offending you in the future."

I was amazed he claimed Heath Miller was an upgrade over Jason Witten. Witten is coming into full health now after a spleen injury and it is only a matter of time till he starts firing again (he dropped a simple 40 yard td after running a beautiful route on Sunday). So i replied offering him a small wager, $50 or $100 Witten vs Miller fantasy points from this point onwards.

The reason that Jek claimed I had to make the trade was that Miller was an upgrade on Witten and on that statement alone I wanted to make a wager which I was certain he would have to accept after what he said, surely?

Yet, the man replied with a different bet referring to Miller and the other Tightends against Maclin and the other receivers (which I'm sure gave him an edge) thereby completely ignoring/backing down on his outlandish claims.

I guessing there's a massive element of 'tongue-in-cheek' with the above, given that you were offered a trade and said 'no'.  Trying to screw the best bargain possible is a fundamental part of the game.

Besides, on current form, I'd debate the value of any player who is relying on catching passes from Michael Vick.  He's throwing more to the opposition than his own team at the moment!

As for the wager, he'll drive a similarly hard bargain, but that's beyond my remit anyway.  I'll simply resort to  on that one!

I do love the quote "Trade rape isn't a crime, you can just say no" though.  I may have to steal that for future use!

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: September 26, 2012, 04:36:04 PM »

Btw, if any of you have not seen 'The League' yet, you need to watch it asap.

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 26, 2012, 08:01:12 PM »

Shocking trade Tighty mate.

idiot

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: September 26, 2012, 08:04:56 PM »

Brents raging at jek

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: