blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:40:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616282 times)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: October 15, 2012, 10:40:15 PM »

Got to say I was expecting much more of a fight from Jek this week

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:05 AM »

Maybe spoke too soon, Gates looks to be well on the way to the 53 point performance he needed.

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 16, 2012, 05:06:03 AM »

Off the mark

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 16, 2012, 05:08:11 AM »

Maybe spoke too soon, Gates looks to be well on the way to the 53 point performance he needed.

Rivers obv didn't want Jek winning either Cheesy

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 16, 2012, 01:06:22 PM »

Spiller 17pts
Fred Jackson 12pts
Joel Dreesen 6pts

I need to work on my trade raping skills!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 18, 2012, 01:41:58 AM »

We have a deal Camel

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 18, 2012, 02:39:59 AM »

We have a deal Camel

That LP appeared next to Welker's name after I offered the trade.

If he's got an injury there will be carnage!

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 18, 2012, 02:50:50 AM »

We have a deal Camel

That LP appeared next to Welker's name after I offered the trade.

If he's got an injury there will be carnage!

nah, he'll be more than fine.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 18, 2012, 10:46:40 PM »

Week 6 Update (It's a miracle - week 7 hasn't even started yet!):

Sheriff (4-2) 102.80 - Nakor (6-0) 112.14 - There's just no stopping him!  Not even with the bye week impact, not even when he only plays 1 TE in his team because he doesn't have a backup, not even when you score over 100 points against him when he has all these things going against him.  There's just no stopping him!  Oh wait a minute, there is, and it's PLAYING DENARIUS MOORE INSTEAD OF MILES AUSTIN!!!  Then you might just do it, but only just.  So Nakor's run goes on, and the next victim awaits!  To be fair, the game still had life going into MNF, but it relied on Ryan Mathews getting injured before he racked up 10 yards from scrimmage (not beyond the realms of possibility actually!) or for him to become a fumbling machine.  Alas, no joy!  Clearly I don't run as good as I'd like to!

Camel (4-2) 107.22 - Tighty (2-4) 68.08 - Boom!  The No 1 Pick is back!  Aaron Rodgers rattles up 39.22 points with his ridiculous 6TD haul vs the Texans and almost singlehandedly beats Tighty's team score.  To be fair, if you look at the match up and cover the QB scores, the figures don't look vastly different between the two teams, with surprisingly few double digit contributions on either side.  However, Camel's TE's both managed to contribute 9 points, whilst Tighty's only conjured up 7 in total, which also made a difference.  Both could have expected better from RB, with poor days for Trent Richardson (albeit he left with an injury) and Jamaal Charles (he played with a Brady Quinn!)  Camel was so disheartened, he traded Richardson away a few days later!

AWOL (1-5) 72.44 - Linux (1-5) 109.72 - He's only gone and done it!!!  Yes, after 5 failed attempts previously, Linux has finally got an entry in the Win column, overcoming no-one in the process which means he's yet to still beat a team with an active manager! Yes, he did have the advantage of playing a team with only 1 RB, but he did have to overcome the fact that DUSTIN KELLER actually played (scoring a massive 0.6 points!)  However, his score of 109.72 was a respectable one, albeit the contribution from the top half of his line up (all double figures, 82 points) was a lot healthier than that from the bottom half (all single figures, 28 points).  Could this be the start of the comeback?  He's upto 10th and has two more teams in his sights this week!

Bobby1 (4-2) 74.70 - ChipRich (3-3) 104.56 - Something of a shock result as most of Phil's skill players decided to take an unscheduled bye week, allowing ChipRich to grab a comfortable win despite a few of his own players, particularly the TE's, pulling in sub-par scores.  The usually reliable Lynch (5pts), Julio Jones (6) and Tony Gonzalez (4) were among the culprits.  The J Jones to own in this matchup turned out to be James, who's 15 pts was one of 5 double point hauls from Rich's team.  He moves back to .500 with the win.  Phil stays one game ahead at 4-2.

Marky/sharplea (1-5) 106.22 - LeKnave (4-2) 127.14 - More disappointment for Taco Style as they rattle up 100+pts again and still fall well short of LeKnave's score.  Lot's of healthy contributions from all around LeKnave's team, with the exception of QB where both his rostered players scored <7.  Still, when you get the rest of your team chipping in plenty of points, it doesn't really matter.  It's a bit of a shame too, as it means Shonn Greene's ridiculous 34point haul (more than his combined total from Wks1-5!) didn't make a difference to the result, so no chance to use such classics as 'the opposition were left Greene with envy!'  

jek187 (2-4) 90.56 - Horneris (4-2) 123.68 - As Brent pointed out earlier in the week,
Got to say I was expecting much more of a fight from Jek this week
He certainly did appear to enjoy winning this game and, ironically, the biggest factor was another massive score from the fabulous RG3, from Jek's own Redskins!  AJ Green, predictably, scored heavily (despite the Bengals being poor overall) and Jeremy Maclin also scored well (thanks largely to the one decent pass which Vick managed to throw this week [/rant]).  No doubt the biggest surprise of the week in the Fantasy game was Matt Ryan failing to pile up points against the Raiders, and as well as Gates did in his return to form game, he was never going to make up the 50odd points needed on Monday.  Horneris moves to 4-2.  Jek looks in danger of slipping out of playoff contention!

Week 6 overall showed the first signs that the league is starting to separate a little.  There is now a queue of 5 teams on 4-2 behind runaway leader Nakor, but only ChipRich below them is within one game.  The other teams, all on 2-4 or 1-5 need to stay in touch over the next few weeks.  Not a week to trouble the record books either!

Week 7 brings a respite for the long-suffering Eagles fans like myself as we get the mercy of a bye week.  Within the league, the standout game is the in-form battle between Horner and LeKnave, both of whom are in the melee at 4-2 (Sheriff vs Camel is another matchup of 4-2 teams) and Nakor gets to beat up on another team in a top vs bottom clash vs WPIL.  If there's any matchup for WPIL to stay AWOL for another week, it's that one!

The action begins tonight with a tasty NFC West smashmouth matchup between the 49ers and Seahawks.  Both teams big on DEF, so not likely to be one for the casual fan, but a fascinating game awaits, I think!

YTD Records:

Highest Team Score:
1) 166.80 - B Side's (Week 5)
2) 149.94 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 2)
3) 143.84 - B Side's (Week 4)

Lowest Team Score:
1) 47.90 - WeHateDallas (Week 5)
2) 56.32 - Taco Style FF (Week 3)
3) 59.44 - PancakeBlock (Week 5)

Lowest Winning Team Score:
1) 80.20 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 5) vs Taco Style FF
2) 81.34 - Taco Style FF (Week 2) vs PancakeBlock
3) 84.10 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 4) vs Ruxin's Ravens

Highest Losing Team Score: 113.48
1) 113.48 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 5) vs Middleton Tyas Mayhem
2) 109.08 - Taco Style FF (Week 1) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 108.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 2) vs Sheriff's Stars

Largest Winning Margin:
1) 73.34 - B Side's (Week 5) vs Ruxin's Ravens
2) 64.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 5) vs WeHateDallas
3) 62.18 - B Side's (Week 4) vs Carisbrooke Chodes

Narrowest Winning Margin:
1) 0.38 - B Side's (Week 3) vs Siberian Alcoholics
2) 1.14 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 4) vs Ruxin's Ravens
3) 1.54 - PancakeBlock (Week 3) vs Dr Mantis Toboggan MD
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 10:58:32 PM by Sheriff Fatman » Logged

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #489 on: October 19, 2012, 08:23:10 AM »

Sheriff, thanks for taking the time to do the write ups and the stats each week.  Quality read.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 19, 2012, 12:23:35 PM »

Sheriff, thanks for taking the time to do the write ups and the stats each week.  Quality read when you're the one sitting smugly at the top of the league getting all the plaudits and breaking all the records.

FYP

Also, you're welcome!  Glad people appear to be enjoying them!

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 23, 2012, 02:00:06 PM »

lucky boy Jek! Somehow managed to turn Calvin nito the invisible man and come up 1 points short after only needing 4.50 from him!

fml.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 26, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »

Roll up, roll up, it's time for the Week 7 Update:

Sheriff (4-3) 88.36 - Camel (5-2) 106.38 - Ah, the fickle fortunes of the NFL!  This matchup was shaping up nicely as the early games played out.  Camel maintained his Thursday night lead, thanks to some heavy scoring from Rodgers and Co cancelling out good fantasy days on Sheriff's team for Spiller, Jackson and Austin.  The question was always whether I could close the gap with Brady and MJD expected to score heavily in the 9.30pm kickoffs, and the answer came on the first drive of the Jags game when MJD walked off the pitch and out of the game with an, as yet unspecified, foot injury.  After that, Camel's score always looked out of sight and Horner's offer to trade MJD for AJ Green a couple of weeks ago suddenly looked tempting again (fire it back up if you like Brent, as I've now thought enough about it and will accept  dont river me).  Injuries are the part of Fantasy NFL that we can't control and, unfortunately, they can be pretty devastating when they hit your team.  There's no guarantee that it would've made the difference, as 18pts was still a big ask, but it took away the opportunity of a sweat at the very least.

Nakor (7-0) 131.74 - WPIL (1-6) 76.02 - The big surprise in this game was that it ended as close as it did, with Nakor failing to trouble the biggest winning margin record books, despite having an almost 100 point lead at one stage (epic fail if you ask me, and probably worth a 2 game penalty.  All in favour?!?)  WPIL's 3 players on bye was too much of a hurdle to overcome and making Dustin Keller's 15 points (yes, apparently he's now active AND effective again!) irrelevant.  Nakor adds another massive score to his total (but not enough for the record books, so probably another 2 game penalty needed there!), moves to 7-0 and the rest of the league silently wait for variance to bite him in the ass in the second half of the season!

Tighty (3-4) 98.62 - Bobby1 (4-3) 81.18 - This has to go down as a shock result, as Tighty manages to reverse some poor recent form and deliver a defeat to high-flying Phil's team.  Ironically, given all his recent woes at the TE position, the difference really came from there in this matchup.  Bennett and Miller pulled in 21 combined points for Mr End, whilst Phil's line up of Rudolph and Davis combined for a Tighty-esque total of 0.3 points.  So despite having Drew Brees (29pts) and the Texans' DEF (20pts) delivering big contributions, the rest of Phil's line up failed to deliver the goods.  A much needed win for Rich and it keeps him in touch with the playoff teams.

Linux (1-6) 92.88 - Marky/sharplea (2-5) 112.78 - Linux's one game winning streak came to an abrupt end in this basement battle with the combo team of Marky & Sharplea.  Both put up fairly decent scores and both teams can be generally pleased with the overall contributions from all but two of their starting line ups.  Once again, it was the TE position that made the difference overall.  Linux was outscored by 24-2 at the TE position and that pretty much made up the difference.  Both left some decent scores on the bench too, but overall Taco's smooth moves overcame Ruxin's rich-boy snobbery in this battle of 'The League' referenced team names.

ChipRich (3-4) 83.10 - jek187 (3-4) 83.70 - Heartbreak for Rich as jek somehow manages to dodge a MNF bullet and hang on for a narrow win that manages to register on two of the record books for the season.  It all boiled down to Megatron needing only 4 points in the MNF game, which he'd have done last season in one play, but he only managed to pull in 3.4 points, allowing jek to get out of jail and move both teams onto 3-4.  Rich could also point to newly-acquired Trent Richardson fooling everyone by declaring himself fit to play and then getting yanked from the game for being ineffective playing with a rib injury that clearly did affect him more than he thought.  Hindsight's a wonderful thing, but knowing that might have tempted Rich to use Jonathan Dwyer in his place, which would also have given him the win in this game.  Jek gets a lucky rub of the green, and keeps in touch with the playoff teams as a result.  Horneris will no doubt find a way to make a protest!

LeKnave (5-2) 77.00 - Horneris (4-3) 71.92 - Actually, rather than protesting against his American rival, Brent will no doubt be wondering how the hell he failed to get a win when his opponent scores a season low winning score of only 77pts!  It was billed as the game of the week, yet both teams managed to stink it up overall, with only Adrian Peterson for LeKnave and RG3 for Horner scoring over 20 points (something of a surprise that both teams had a 20+ player in a total team score of <80 points!)  This is of course ignoring the fact that LeKnave had 55.50 points on his bench (almost outscoring his actual team) coming almost entirely from Chris Johnson and La Rod Stephens-Howling!  Quite how LeKnave is supposed to predict that either of them will outscore Ray Rice is beyond me.  Thankfully, this lack of clairvoyance didn't affect the overall result.

So it's LeKnave and Camel who move out to 5-2 and stay closest to runaway leader Nakor (obviously before the impact of his penalty games!) whilst the 4-3 teams now start looking nervously over their shoulders at the 3 teams behind them at 3-4 who can now potentially knock them out of the top 6 after this week concludes.  Thankfully, two of these teams face each other in week 8, as Tighty takes on jek, so all 3 can't deliver wins this week.  Game of the week has to be the two 5-2 teams of Camel and LeKnave slugging it out for 2nd place.

It's also nice to see some movement in the record books this week, although it's been more at the lower end of the scale.  Nakor looks like the only team capable of troubling his own high scoring records at the moment, but it doesn't take long for momentum to shift in this game!

Vikings host the Bucs tonight (quite looking forward to this one, as neither team gets featured very often), and a fair few of the league will be scouting players live at Wembley on Sunday, so plenty to look forward to in Week 8.

YTD Records:

Highest Team Score:
1) 166.80 - B Side's (Week 5)
2) 149.94 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 2)
3) 143.84 - B Side's (Week 4)

Lowest Team Score:
1) 47.90 - WeHateDallas (Week 5)
2) 56.32 - Taco Style FF (Week 3)
3) 59.44 - PancakeBlock (Week 5)

Lowest Winning Team Score:
1) 77.00 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 7) vs Dr Mantis Toboggan MD
2) 80.20 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 5) vs Taco Style FF
3) 81.34 - Taco Style FF (Week 2) vs PancakeBlock

Highest Losing Team Score: 113.48
1) 113.48 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 5) vs Middleton Tyas Mayhem
2) 109.08 - Taco Style FF (Week 1) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 108.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 2) vs Sheriff's Stars

Largest Winning Margin:
1) 73.34 - B Side's (Week 5) vs Ruxin's Ravens
2) 64.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 5) vs WeHateDallas
3) 62.18 - B Side's (Week 4) vs Carisbrooke Chodes

Narrowest Winning Margin:
1) 0.38 - B Side's (Week 3) vs Siberian Alcoholics
2) 0.60 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 7) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 1.14 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 4) vs Ruxin's Ravens

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 26, 2012, 01:01:10 AM »

haha nice one

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 26, 2012, 01:32:57 AM »

I looked at the teams the other day.. how did LeKnave get such a boatload of talent?

He must be a short price jolly to win it all.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: