blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:29:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272574 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616950 times)
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: October 31, 2012, 04:41:59 PM »

ha, didnt mean those 2. Was looking at wrong league.

Hanson, Gould or Bironas 1.01.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #511 on: November 03, 2012, 04:03:41 PM »

Week 8 Report:

Looks like I had a 'senior moment' in last week's report and made the Week 8 Game of the Week a matchup that doesn't take place until Week 10.  No idea how this happened, but apparently you're all too kind (or unobservant) to have pointed this out to me!  Clearly it was a consequence of rushing to beat the Thursday night kick off so this week's report is done at a more leisurely pace (i.e. late).

Sheriff (5-3) 101.46 - WPIL (1-7) 99.68 - Talk about running good!  WPIL finally made an appearance on the thread this week after catching up on the report of his solitary win earlier in the season.  Thankfully for Sheriff, this didn't actually prompt him to make any changes to his team for the week, otherwise he'd be celebrating win number 2, and I'd be having to take the piss out of myself in the match report.  In a surprisingly competitive encounter, WPIL's team managed to score almost 100 points despite playing The Law Firm and Andre Johnson during their bye week.  A re-jig from the bench to bring in Albert Morris would have gained him sufficient points to overcome my score of 101pts.  Despite the Wembley game being a blowout it did allow me to witness first hand Tom Brady's accumulation of 28pts which, together with the contributions from WR and the Giants' DEF, were just enough.  WPIL's team were led by Matt Stafford, who managed to outscore Brady, and had big contributions from Flex, K & DEF.  Thankfully, the bye week players proved to be the difference, just, and I don't get to pay the price for gambling on Dreesen ahead of Pettigrew (that went well!), or Tanner over Woodhead.

Bobby1 (5-3) 93.02 - Camel (5-3) 68.14 - So, contrary to earlier reports ( ) Camel didn't face LeKnave this week in a battle for 2nd place, but did take on another contender in Bobby1, and it was Mr Quayle's team that prevailed in a comfortable win to bring both teams back into the queue sitting on 5-3 records.  Camel will no doubt be mystified that his team failed to deliver a double digit score, other than a disappointing 14pts from Aaron Rodgers and a surprising 20pts from Michael Crabtree on his bench.  However, even the addition of Crabtree's points wouldn't have been enough and he's the latest victim of one of those head-scratching weeks when big name players fail to deliver the goods en-masse.  For Phil, the contributions from Lynch, Julio Jones (sick rubs from the Wembley screens to repeatedly show me his TD vs my inept Eagles!) and McGahee were enough for him not to worry about a disappointing looking score of 14 from Drew Brees.  For a matchup with Brees vs Rodgers, the overall scores from this game were surprisingly low.

Marky/sharplea (3-5) 110.58 - Nakor (7-1) 76.28 - IT'S HAPPENED AT LAST, HE'S BEEN BEATEN!!!  Yes, the seemingly unstoppable Nakor has finally succumbed to his first defeat and it's perhaps a little surprising for it to be at the hands of the league's ultimate yo-yo team, Taco Style, who put together their 3rd consecutive 100+ pt score after failing to get above 95 in the 4 weeks before that.  This nicely timed run of form keeps them with hopes of a late run at the playoffs.  The big damage was done by the freak of nature that is Gronk, with an impressive Wembley performance (and check out the hilarious YouTube footage of him spiking a microphone at the Fan Rally on Saturday!).  Big Ben also had a big week.  Nakor's week can best be summed up by the fact that his top score came from a kicker (albeit an impressive 19pts from Lawrence Tynes).  The question now is will he bounce back straight away, or is this the start of the wobble?

jek187 (4-4) 106.18 - Tighty (3-5) 53.34 - After a morale-boosting win in Week 7, Tighty's team returns to their previous poor scoring form and gets blown out by Siberian Alcoholics, moving jek precariously to the fringe of the playoff spots.  Week 7 aside, that's 3 out of the last 4 weeks in which Tighty's top score was 68 points, and he desperately needs a change in form to make a play-off charge.  Jamaal Charles was inexplicably underused in Week 7 (even Romeo Crennel had no answer as to why, and he's only the head coach!) and, even worse, he took a massive blow to the head in Thursday's early Week 8 game, so the prognosis looks shaky for Mr Prew's chances at this time.  Jek found himself with a tough decision as to whether to risk game-time decision Jimmy Graham in the late game, but missing out on those points didn't matter and the top of his line up brought scores of 24, 19 and 33 points from Ryan, Ridley and Martin.  It looks like we can't count out the challenge from across the pond in this league just yet!

Horneris (5-3) 126.78 - Linux (1-7) 40.28 - Linux takes a leaf out of the WPIL coaching manual, leaves 2 bye-week players in his starting line up, and consequently gets battered by Horneris, who sets a new record winning margin for the season (meaning that Linux has now been on the receiving end of the top 2 games on this list).  Linux also takes over the dubious honour of the season's lowest total.  Brent's team put together a very handy score, littered with double-digit contributions from most of his players.  In the end, he would have won the tie fielding only Titus Young and LeSean McCoy!  Surprisingly, Linux's total did include a couple of double digit scores from Forte and the Packers' DEF, but the rest of his starting line up added only another 14pts combined.  Horneris moves to 5-3, Linux is now in a battle to avoid bottom spot by the looks of things!

LeKnave (6-2) 91.66 - ChipRich (3-5) 83.00 - A slightly odd match-up, timing wise, as LeKnave's team were all done by the end of the early Sunday games (and had Peterson and Harvin in action on Thursday), whilst a lot of Rich's team were playing the later games, so this was a case of LeKnave putting up a total and then saying "beat that" to Rich.  The total of 91.66 was decent, but not unbeatable, with the Viking's duo being the top two contributors, but Rich was unable to match it, falling 8.66 points short in the end.  He left enough points on the bench with Dwyer and Donald Brown to have made this possible, but it would have been a bit of a reach to expect anyone to have predicted dropping Maclin and Bradshaw ahead of them to accomodate this.  LeKnave is now in reach of Nakor at 6-2, so it's possible that we may soon have a new league leader!

Overall, the league is showing the first signs of separation at the bottom, with two teams now 2 games adrift of the others.  Nakor's loss has tightened things up at the top and the 4 teams in playoff spots at 5-3 are within reach of Jek, who is the only one with a 4-4 record.  Consequently, his matchup vs The Camel has a lot of significance this week, whilst Nakor has to fend off the challenge of in-form Horneris.  Tighty will also have to pull off a major shock to defeat LeKnave based on recent form.

A few matchups have had some early scoring from the Chargers victory over the terrible Chiefs and the Desperation Bowl of Eagles@Saints will be the final game played out, so I'll have the added stress of Fantasy results on top of the usual pain that watching the Eagles brings me (not that I expect any sympathy from you lot for this).  Next week's report may very well be more of a rant than usual if things go as badly as I fear.  #FireAndy

YTD Records:

Highest Team Score:
1) 166.80 - B Side's (Week 5)
2) 149.94 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 2)
3) 143.84 - B Side's (Week 4)

Lowest Team Score:
1) 40.28 - Ruxin's Ravens (Week 8 )
2) 47.90 - WeHateDallas (Week 5)
3) 53.34 - PancakeBlock (Week 8 )

Lowest Winning Team Score:
1) 77.00 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 7) vs Dr Mantis Toboggan MD
2) 80.20 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 5) vs Taco Style FF
3) 81.34 - Taco Style FF (Week 2) vs PancakeBlock

Highest Losing Team Score: 113.48
1) 113.48 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 5) vs Middleton Tyas Mayhem
2) 109.08 - Taco Style FF (Week 1) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 108.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 2) vs Sheriff's Stars

Largest Winning Margin:
1) 86.50 - Dr Mantis Toboggan MD (Week 8 ) vs Ruxin's Ravens
2) 73.34 - B Side's (Week 5) vs Ruxin's Ravens
3) 64.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 5) vs WeHateDallas

Narrowest Winning Margin:
1) 0.38 - B Side's (Week 3) vs Siberian Alcoholics
2) 0.60 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 7) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 1.14 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 4) vs Ruxin's Ravens

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #512 on: November 04, 2012, 08:43:17 PM »

FML I drop Tom Crabtree the week before he catches a 75 yard td.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #513 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:38 AM »

FML even more at Jek having Doug effing Martin in his lineup.

Need Matt Ryan to play like Blaine Gabbert.

One time
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:35:39 AM by The Camel » Logged

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: November 05, 2012, 07:23:52 PM »

I'd like to think I was a fairly optimistic person in general, but I suspect that hoping the Eagles' D can restrict Drew Brees to less than 6.5 fantasy points tonight is pushing it!

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: November 09, 2012, 07:00:31 PM »

As I said next year will make an effort and actually work out what I need to do in the draft and subby players during the bye week etc
Has been a great season in the NFL so far, really enjoying as well as the college season as well (BAMA vs LSU was excellent)
Nice to see the struggles in Philly and Dallas - hope indeed next for the Redskins now that we have given up the ghost on this year, sure we could have been in the mix if it was not for the injuries on defence
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: November 11, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »

Apologies for the late posting of the, slightly briefer than usual, Week 9 Report, brought to you by the Fire Andy Campaign of Philadelphia:

Sheriff (5-4) 104.26 - Bobby1 (6-3) 114.26 - Sigh, much as I'd like to find some, there's not much room for complaint here.  I should take comfort from the fact that I scored >100 points and congratulate Phil on an excellent win.  Personally, I think it would have made a far more entertaining report if the fact that he'd left Mikel Leshoure's hat-trick of 2nd-quarter touchdowns on the bench had made a difference to the result, but he had good contributions from around his roster.  In the end, the only way that Drew Brees wasn't going to score the 6.5 points needed in the final game was if he'd have left the game with an injury, and that would have involved the Eagles D actually getting somewhere close to him!

WPIL (1-8) 68.20 - Marky/sharplea (4-5) 112.84 - I mentioned last week that Taco Style were putting a bit of a run together and they continued it in Week 9 with another 100+ point score against woeful WPIL (who had their talisman player, Keller, on bye this week!).  7 out of 10 active roster spots scored double figures for the Tacos, so the 4 players on bye didn't cause too much of a problem.  They continue their late charge for a play-off spot.

Camel (5-4) 98.62 - Jek187 (5-4) 127.28 - In every league someone last week was bemoaning their luck in facing an opponent playing Doug Martin, who's performance ranks in the top 5 of all-time fantasy scores according to ESPN's analysis.  In our case, it was Jek who had him on his roster, and boy did Keith get some bemoaning in during the match up!  To be fair, 51.20 points from one player is somewhat ridiculous (there are unconfirmed rumours that Tighty offered to trade Jek his entire roster for Martin due to his ability to generate more points!)  Keith will at least have the return of his 5 bye-week players in week 10, although Hernandez is a doubt to return.  Jek moves into the play-off places at long last.

Nakor (8-1) 120.22 - Horneris (5-4) 81.10 - As feared, it turns out that finally defeating Nakor has just made him angry, as he resumed normal service with another big win, this time over Horneris.  Andrew Luck broke rookie QB records, the Bears DEF continued to be ridiculous (I heard a stat yesterday that they've actually outscored the offenses of 3 NFL teams this season, which I still need to verify, but it's an awesome stat if true!)  Brent had a so-so week, with 81 points scored, so this didn't turn out to be as close as predicted before the games kicked off.

Tighty (3-6) 67.74 - LeKnave (7-2) 129.20 - OK, so I did Tighty an injustice with my Doug Martin quip, but only just!  Cam Newton aside, the remainder of his active roster all failed to provide a double figure score, making LeKnave's impressive 129 point haul entirely unnecessary.  Still, it's not often that a team can point to 2 30+point scorers, so hat's off to Adrian Peterson and Brandon Marshall for that!  LeKnave stays one game behind Nakor at 7-2. 

Linux (1-8) 70.60 - ChipRich (4-5) 93.54 - I'm starting to think that I've been doing WPIL a dis-service.  At least his woeful performance can be attributed to him not turning up.  Linux appears to be matching him in terms of awfulness with a (largely) actively managed team!  Still, there's not much you can do when your 2xSuperBowl winning QB delivers a grand total of 3 points.  Rich's team does enough to get the job done, and he deserves credit for ignoring all the pre-game "Calvin Johnson might be limited" talk and getting the 13points he scored on a gimpy leg.  He stays in contention for a late run at the playoffs as a result.

So, not much change at the top and bottom of the league, but a reshuffle in the middle with the most significant change being Jek moving into the playoff spots at my expense!  Given that I'm the top scorer of the 5-4 teams, and I haven't faced Jek in a direct matchup, I'm not entirely sure how the tie-breakers are working at present, but I don't like the results!  We're now officially into the 'scramble into the play-offs at all costs' phase of the season.  After that, anything can happen!

Plenty of good matchups this week, in the league and in the real NFL, but I'm going to go for Linux vs Tighty as my game of the week, partly because it's the only way I can work either team into a contest of intrigue on current form, but mainly because it may set new standards as far as the lowest winning score record goes!  When you're watching the games this evening, spare some thought for Tighty and myself who have to sit through a live Sky game against a hated opponent (the team, not the person, in case anyone's confused) knowing that whoever loses can kiss goodbye to their hopes for the season at an early stage.  Yes, it's Cowboys @ Eagles!

GL to everyone, unless you're rooting for the Cowboys!

YTD Records:

Highest Team Score:
1) 166.80 - B Side's (Week 5)
2) 149.94 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 2)
3) 143.84 - B Side's (Week 4)

Lowest Team Score:
1) 40.28 - Ruxin's Ravens (Week 8 )
2) 47.90 - WeHateDallas (Week 5)
3) 53.34 - PancakeBlock (Week 8 )

Lowest Winning Team Score:
1) 77.00 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 7) vs Dr Mantis Toboggan MD
2) 80.20 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 5) vs Taco Style FF
3) 81.34 - Taco Style FF (Week 2) vs PancakeBlock

Highest Losing Team Score:
1) 113.48 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 5) vs Middleton Tyas Mayhem
2) 109.08 - Taco Style FF (Week 1) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 108.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 2) vs Sheriff's Stars

Largest Winning Margin:
1) 86.50 - Dr Mantis Toboggan MD (Week 8 ) vs Ruxin's Ravens
2) 73.34 - B Side's (Week 5) vs Ruxin's Ravens
3) 64.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 5) vs WeHateDallas

Narrowest Winning Margin:
1) 0.38 - B Side's (Week 3) vs Siberian Alcoholics
2) 0.60 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 7) vs Robbies Gould en Shower
3) 1.14 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 4) vs Ruxin's Ravens

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 11, 2012, 08:52:14 PM »

Easy Tiger!!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 11, 2012, 09:52:59 PM »

Jek vs Bobby1 is shaping up to be the sickest matchup ever.  We could have a loser with 140pts if the current projections are to be believed!

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 11, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »

Jek vs Bobby1 is shaping up to be the sickest matchup ever.  We could have a loser with 140pts if the current projections are to be believed!

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: November 12, 2012, 01:39:30 AM »

Chip Rich can DIAGF for picking up Garrett Graham and putting him on his bench 8 minutes before I tried to pick him up when I saw Daniels was a late scratch.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: November 12, 2012, 01:42:48 AM »

Chip Rich can DIAGF for picking up Garrett Graham and putting him on his bench 8 minutes before I tried to pick him up when I saw Daniels was a late scratch.

Beats having to go through waivers next week if Daniels is out any longer!

To be fair, I think he beat me to it by about 30s, so you were at least No3 in the queue!

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 12, 2012, 01:43:48 AM »

And the stupid bastard I do pick up fumbles on his first play.

FMEL

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: November 12, 2012, 01:48:16 AM »

FMEL

And with that I think I can officially now induct you into the veteran category of Fantasy NFL players!

Aren't you glad I got you playing this?  You're welcome!

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 12, 2012, 01:52:07 AM »

FMEL

And with that I think I can officially now induct you into the veteran category of Fantasy NFL players!

Aren't you glad I got you playing this?  You're welcome!

Stupid fucking game.

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: