blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612192 times)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: November 16, 2012, 11:30:52 AM »

Quick note to all as I can't get on the NFL site at work.

We have no intentions of trading Brandon Myers.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 18, 2012, 12:26:26 PM »

Week 10 Report.  This one will be requiring some record book updates:

Sheriff (6-4) 99.28 - Marky/Sharplea (4-6) 76.46 - The Stars put an end to Taco's recent run of form with a comfortable win in the end, although not without a few hiccups on the way.  Big games from Spiller, Jackson and Brady in the BUF@NE game, plus another solid performance from Denarius Moore crept Sheriff's total towards the 100 point mark.  Taco relied on a hefty 26pts from the Broncos defence to boost their score, leaving them needing 32 points or so from Big Ben in the MNF game, which looked odds against, but not impossible, against the disappointing Chiefs team.  His injury put paid to any chances of this happening, allowing the Stars to move to 6-4 and putting a big dent into Taco's hope in the scramble for playoff places.

Jek187 (6-4) 154.44 - Bobby1 (6-4) 137.52 - WTF!!!  Game of the season without a shadow of a doubt and a horrible loss for Bobby1's Broncos with the 2nd highest score of the week.  The Alcoholics piled on the points early on Sunday and ran up the 2nd highest team total of the season with a team-wide performance.  Ryan and Graham starred, with just under 27pts each but with the lowest scoring player (Brian Hartline) still contributing 7.9pts this was very much an all round performance from his in-form team.  So a huge win in the offing then?  Not so!  The projections still had this game being close throughout, as Phil's team were also putting together a massive total thanks to Gonzalez, Brees, Lynch, Torrey Smith, and the Texans' DEF.  Going into MNF, he still had a kicker and a RB to come, but the killer blow was a disappointing game from Isaac Redman, leaving him 17pts short in the end despite amassing a total of 137.52 pts (which naturally destroys the previous record for biggest losing total).  Just to rub salt into the wounds, nfl.com then give him the stupid Hunger Foul award, despite there being no alternative combination of his team which could have changed the result.  Both teams are now on 6-4 and firmly in the play-off hunt.

Horneris (5-5) 56.88 - WPIL (2-8) 84.86 - At the other end of the performance spectrum, this shocker of a matchup narrowly missed out on having entries in the lowest total and lowest winning score categories as Horneris fell victim to one of WPILs better totals of the season.  Naturally, he pointed to the fact that there were no players injured or on bye for once in WPILs team, but he'd still ordinarily expect to overhaul a modest 85pt score.  However, his team had a stinker, let down by two shocking performances from the Dolphins, as Ryan Tannehill threw 3 interceptions and the Dolphins DEF somehow conceded 37pts to the Titans, ensuring a doughnut in the DEF column for Brent.  Only AJ Green and LeSean McCoy made any sort of return and it proved to be a terrible week to have RG3 out on bye.  He now has some work to do at 5-5, whilst WPIL moves off the bottom with his 2-8 record.

LeKnave (8-2) 114.48 - Camel (5-5) 78.80 - Another team having a form crisis at a crucial stage is Camel's Mayhems, and they were soundly beaten by LeKnave, who continues to apply pressure at the top end of the table.  Camel's hopes were killed by injuries at TE, with both Hernandez and Daniel unavailable, and their replacements delivering a negative combined score, plus an injury affected 1.3pt total from Jay Cutler, filling in for Aaron Rodger's bye week.  Only big scores from Gore, Gostkowski and the Colts DEF saved Camel from achieving some of the unwanted records for the season!  LeKnave, in contrast, just continues to quietly accumulate wins, with this one being his 6th in a row.  The scary thing is that his score could have been much better, with big scores from Dez Bryant, Chris Johnson and Malcolm Floyd having been left on the bench.  He now looks to be a lock for a 1st round bye in the play-offs.  Camel needs to find something at 5-5.

ChipRich (5-5) 107.54 - Nakor (8-2) 107.38 - Another record breaking game, as ChipRich sneaks to a 0.16pt win over leader Nakor to keep his own playoff hopes alive and bring Nakor within reach of LeKnave at the top of the table.  In the end, he didn't need to kick himself for his kicker's ineptitude (Akers missed an overtime Field Goal attempt in the tied game with the Rams), or for believing that Taiwan Jones was going to be the man that the Raiders relied on at RB, as Arian Foster's 17.7 pts in the late Sunday game for Nakor fell just short of the target he needed.  Crucially, the 0.6pts ChipRich got from Jacob Tamme at TE made the difference to the result.  Nakor shouldn't worry too much about the loss, as 107pts is a healthy total, to say the least, and all his team with the exception of Victor Cruz contributed decent scores.

Linux (1-9) 51.00 - TightEnd (4-6) 102.94 - A good weekend all around for TightEnd, as he gets to enjoy a Cowboys win over the Eagles, a 100+ point total after a terrible recent run, and a healthy win over the terrible Ruxin's Ravens that sees Linux replace Tighty's previous entry on the lowest team total leaderboard.  Cam Newton, Jamaal Charles, Andre Brown and Sidney Rice all produced big scores, although a few holes remain elsewhere.  Linux had a stinker, as usual, and his highest score came from Andy Dalton, sitting on the bench, which pretty much sums things up for him.  He's now clearly 'ahead' of WPIL at the bottom of the league while Tighty, like his Cowboys, clings on to outside hopes of the play-offs at 4-6.

With 3 weeks of the regular season to go (as far as this league is concerned) the standings make interesting reading.  For one thing, with the exception of Horneris' spurious entry in 6th, the table now correlates once again to the season total scores from each team so the impact of favourable/unfavourable matchups is largely eliminated at the moment.  Nakor and LeKnave are scrapping for top spot on 8-2, both 2 games clear of the chasing pack and already 3 games clear of 7th place so they can both mathematically lock up play-off spots and 1st round byes with wins this week.

Jek has now stormed into 3rd place on the back of his 4th win in a row and now looks like the team to be feared, on current form.  He heads Bobby1 and Sheriff on 6-4 records, and I have the 'luck' to be playing him in Week 11 (oh joy!)

Behind this there's a 3-way tussle for the last play-off spot on 5-5, currently headed by Horneris, ahead of Camel and ChipRich, with Marky and sharplea both still in the hunt on 4-6.  WPIL, at 2-8 (thanks to ChipRich and Horneris playing each other in Wk13) and Linux, at 1-9, are already eliminated.

Week 11 is already well underway as far as my matchup with Jek goes as I've used up both RBs and he's played his WRs in the Thursday night game.  Jek holds the edge despite being 6 points behind and Reggie Bush continued his stinking run of recent form.  All the other matchups have hardly been affected so it's all to play for going into the Sunday games.

Also, just a heads up to everyone that the trade deadline expires this week on 23rd November, so last chance to get those last minute panic moves in while you still can!

YTD Records:

Highest Team Score:
1) 166.80 - B Side's (Week 5)
2) 154.44 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 10)
3) 149.94 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 2)

Lowest Team Score:
1) 40.28 - Ruxin's Ravens (Week 8 )
2) 47.90 - WeHateDallas (Week 5)
3) 51.00 - Ruxin's Ravens (Week 10)

Lowest Winning Team Score:
1) 77.00 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 7) vs Dr Mantis Toboggan MD
2) 80.20 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 5) vs Taco Style FF
3) 81.34 - Taco Style FF (Week 2) vs PancakeBlock

Highest Losing Team Score:
1) 137.52 - Bobby1's Broncos (Week 10) vs Siberian Alcoholics
2) 113.48 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 5) vs Middleton Tyas Mayhem
3) 109.08 - Taco Style FF (Week 1) vs Robbies Gould en Shower

Largest Winning Margin:
1) 86.50 - Dr Mantis Toboggan MD (Week 8 ) vs Ruxin's Ravens
2) 73.34 - B Side's (Week 5) vs Ruxin's Ravens
3) 64.96 - Carisbrooke Chodes (Week 5) vs WeHateDallas

Narrowest Winning Margin:
1) 0.16 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 10) vs B Side's
2) 0.38 - B Side's (Week 3) vs Siberian Alcoholics
3) 0.60 - Siberian Alcoholics (Week 7) vs Robbies Gould en Shower

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 19, 2012, 10:04:44 PM »

Quick note to all as I can't get on the NFL site at work.

We have no intentions of trading Brandon Myers.

Very, very glad I said this.

Note to ALL teams who will be in the playoffs: IF my waiver requests go through, we have just waivered Gronkowski.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 21, 2012, 12:04:25 AM »

Aaron Rodgers on the trading block.

Who wants him?

Looking for a top 5 rb at least
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 12:06:53 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 21, 2012, 10:59:12 AM »

Sheriff, I think Rich has hacked Tightend's account somehow and banged through a trade for 3 of his reserves for Tighty's star player.

Plz have a look into it.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 21, 2012, 11:00:47 AM »

lol

I negotiated him up!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 21, 2012, 11:04:07 AM »

dillis, James Jones was my starter!

Dwyer/Mendenhall will put up some consistent points between em.

Pleasure doing business

Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 21, 2012, 11:06:54 AM »

dillis, James Jones was my starter!

Dwyer/Mendenhall will put up some consistent points between em.

Pleasure doing business

haha James Jones is garbage, started off like a house on fire but now Cobb has emerged as one of the best WRs in the league Jones has only eclipsed 8 points once in four weeks. Jennings should be back soon too.

And yes, Dwyer/Mendy should be good for like 4-6 points each per week, seems like a good deal for Jamal Charles!!!  Cry

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 21, 2012, 11:14:37 AM »

overs

Linux
lol pwnd

I am dexter in disguise...

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 21, 2012, 11:18:17 AM »

Who wants him?

Forte and Cobb?

7 seasons, 1 Promotion, 2 relegations, 3 play off exits, 1 play off bubble, 25 points deducted.
we are leeds and we are back.  https://twitter.com/jpmood
 Click to see full-size image.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 21, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »

Who wants him?

Forte and Cobb?

Annoying, because I was one waiver place away from getting Cobb for nothing earlier in the season.

But you have a trade offer.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 21, 2012, 10:09:47 PM »

With the raising of an eyebrow or two, I've approved the outstanding trades.

Congratulations to the rapists out there!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 21, 2012, 10:49:39 PM »

With the raising of an eyebrow or two, I've approved the outstanding trades.

Congratulations to the rapists out there!

lol

I've just agreed a trade with Sharplea/Marky after some tough negotiating. If you could push that through before 5.30 tomorrow that would be good as one of the players concerned plays in the first game.

Thanks.

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 21, 2012, 11:00:57 PM »

nice work

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 21, 2012, 11:26:11 PM »

Open to offers for my 5 RBs, Trent, Bradshaw and Charles, Hillman, Starks before Fridays deadline.

Need a WR

apply within
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 11:36:45 PM by ChipRich » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: