blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:20:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 616311 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: August 22, 2013, 08:00:38 AM »

nasty kicker change. Like it a lot from a sadistic viewpoint!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 22, 2013, 08:21:16 AM »

So we all sit down at our computers for the draft and buy players as they become available? Do we bid for them or is it like the draft where we are allocated rankings?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 22, 2013, 08:32:20 AM »

So we all sit down at our computers for the draft and buy players as they become available? Do we bid for them or is it like the draft where we are allocated rankings?

Random draw determined by the software on the day of the draft about 30 minutes before it begins.

Snake format draft, so no bids.  You just nominate when your turn comes around.  The order reverses in each round so if you have pick 1.01 you will then not pick again until 2.14, then 3.01, etc.  Last in line gets 1.14, 2.01, 3.14, etc.

I recommend to all newbies that they do at least a couple of mock drafts on the site, to get used to how it works.  They run 24/7 and there'll be a link from the league page.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 22, 2013, 08:39:32 AM »

Random draw determined by the software on the day of the draft about 30 minutes before it begins.

Snake format draft, so no bids.  You just nominate when your turn comes around.  The order reverses in each round so if you have pick 1.01 you will then not pick again until 2.14, then 3.01, etc.  Last in line gets 1.14, 2.01, 3.14, etc.

I recommend to all newbies that they do at least a couple of mock drafts on the site, to get used to how it works.  They run 24/7 and there'll be a link from the league page.

Ok. Thanks, Sheriff.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 22, 2013, 09:24:50 AM »

Before everyone starts to send cash, any objections if we switch the entry from $ to £ this year.  Obviously this increases the stakes by about 1/3 but it saves all the hassle with conversion etc?

If this would change anyone's decision to play then we'll stay with $.

Please voice opinion in the thread and hang fire on payment for the time being until we know the outcome.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 22, 2013, 09:27:40 AM »

Fine with me, although that is a bigger jump for the higher rollers

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 22, 2013, 11:50:51 AM »

Before everyone starts to send cash, any objections if we switch the entry from $ to £ this year.  Obviously this increases the stakes by about 1/3 but it saves all the hassle with conversion etc?

If this would change anyone's decision to play then we'll stay with $.

Please voice opinion in the thread and hang fire on payment for the time being until we know the outcome.

no objections mate, will sort out the bank TF with you early next week. Love the kicker change, deffo increases the fun to have kickers costing you points for bad play as other positions do.

cheers

cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 22, 2013, 04:52:18 PM »

In.

Never did anything like this in my life but started to really enjoying NFL last season.

PM please sherif for cliffs.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 22, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »

Signed up. Is there a waiver system on NFL.com? I've only ever used Yahoo before.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 22, 2013, 08:21:10 PM »

I haven't really got a clue about NFL and could never get involved in this.

I do like it though as a spectator-sport notwithstanding my lack of in-depth knowledge of the game which is slowly evolving year by year lately since I'm friendly with quite a few on here that really do know their NFL onions and I thoroughly enjoyed the Camel's SF/Kaepernick sweat last season.

How about one of you afficionados running another LMS for the NFL?

Vince maybe?

I'm in.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 22, 2013, 09:05:50 PM »

I haven't really got a clue about NFL and could never get involved in this.

I do like it though as a spectator-sport notwithstanding my lack of in-depth knowledge of the game which is slowly evolving year by year lately since I'm friendly with quite a few on here that really do know their NFL onions and I thoroughly enjoyed the Camel's SF/Kaepernick sweat last season.

How about one of you afficionados running another LMS for the NFL?

Vince maybe?

I'm in.

Camel ran one a couple of years back, it is called survivor in NFL terminology and is very popular in the US.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 22, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

In for the change to £, FML my wife is gonna hate me next week when I do all my research...
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 25, 2013, 06:00:33 PM »

If anyone wants an additional fix of Fantasy NFL, then we've just had someone drop out of the Double Roster League that's run by Jek, last year's runner up in the blonde league. 

I love this format, and it will improve your knowledge of the depth of every team, as a 3rd choice RB on the waiver wire is like gold dust.

12 team redraft league, 30 roster spots, starting line ups are
2 QB
4 RB
6 WR
2 TE
2 DEF
2 K

10 Americans, plus me, playing in it so far (I won it 2 years ago, which was somewhat satisfying).  $100 entry fee, payouts of $600, $360 and $240.  It's played on Yahoo's site.

The league is friendly, but very competitive, and it's expected that managers stay active to the end.  Consequently, we're trying to find someone that one of us knows before resorting to a random person from the net.

I can see it appealing to some of the guys in this league, hence the message.

PM me ASAP if interested and I'll put you in contact with Jek.  The draft order is already set, so this team has pick 7 of 12 (I have pick 12 this year).  The only downside is that the players are mainly on US Mountain Time, so the draft begins at 3:15am on Tuesday morning (FML!)

No big issue if no-one's interested, but I've mentioned this league a few times during the course of this thread, and most of you know Jek already from last season, so I thought it might appeal to some.

You'd be able to rename the team, but the current name of Chalupa Batman is pretty good (fans of The League will understand the reference).

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 25, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »

In.

Never did anything like this in my life but started to really enjoying NFL last season.

PM please sherif for cliffs.

OK, this means we're now looking for another player too to give us an even number.

Surely I can tempt someone else to join the 3 new recruits we've had already!

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 28, 2013, 01:29:51 PM »

Looks like there's no issues with the switch to £, based on the lack of dissenting replies.

Consequently, just to confirm that the entry fees of £20 or £100 are now payable.  Please send to 'debaser' on Stars or PM me for bank details.

Thanks in advance.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: