blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:12:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 611967 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: September 03, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »

NFL Virgin and more sheets with random NFL names than I can shake a stick at.

Gonna go for some beers and do another mock draft.

PS. Autopick may be engaged....

PPS. Looking forward to it.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 03, 2013, 03:49:47 PM »

LOL am I sad in getting excited about the draft ?

Draft nights are brill, deffo not sad to be looking forward to it, I am too.

It's my birthday today mate and last week the Mrs asked me what I wanted to do on my birthday. You can imagine her face when my request was 'you put the kids to bed love and tape New Tricks coz I got the Blondepoker NFL fantasy draft to do'

LOL 'Hero'

Oh Happy Birfdays...

heehee tvm.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 03, 2013, 03:59:04 PM »

Er...

I'm going to the gym after work and will combine the handful of pages of research I have compiled with my general flair and instinct.

I'm going with Homer:

Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true.

lol thats exactly what im doing however i have a few unorthadox fallbacks if my pre draft list gets gobbled up lol

[ ] know what im doing
[X] great fun

Yeah I've also got one or two Dynamo-style manoeuvres for the later rounds, if my 'phone doesn't give up on me Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 03, 2013, 04:09:56 PM »

Quick question Curtis.

What time is the draft order determined and can we trade draft picks?

cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 03, 2013, 04:15:04 PM »

you won't see the draft order until the 5 min countdown

no drafting of picks, unfortunately. want to avoid a top 5 pick if poss! (prefer 16,17 to 1,32 for example, that may just be me)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 03, 2013, 04:48:40 PM »

The site says the draft order is randomised 30 minutes before the draft, so we should know it after 8:30.  I'll post it on here once I have it confirmed, but keep checking the site too.

Having read the last couple of pages, it's obvious that you guys enjoy the experience (or are about to for the first time).  It brings a smile to my face to read it, particularly bobby1's birthday plans (Happy Birthday, by the way) and Tighty's slow descent into Fantasy NFL addiction!

It's competitive, without a doubt, but the banter, general abuse and horse-trading are what makes this so much fun for me.  Will be aiming for a 100% completion rate on the reports this season too, although it's easier said than done!

By the way, anyone who's never watched 'The League' should sign up for Netflix's free 30 day trial and get access to the first 4 seasons.  The only thing missing from this league so far is a big 'Shiva' trophy for us all to covet!  Tighty would love Season 4, Episode 1 in particular, which has the Cowboys featuring heavily!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 03, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »

no drafting of picks, unfortunately. want to avoid a top 5 pick if poss! (prefer 16,17 to 1,32 for example, that may just be me)

Enlighten me Please Rich?

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 03, 2013, 04:56:24 PM »

LOL am I sad in getting excited about the draft ?

Draft nights are brill, deffo not sad to be looking forward to it, I am too.

It's my birthday today mate and last week the Mrs asked me what I wanted to do on my birthday. You can imagine her face when my request was 'you put the kids to bed love and tape New Tricks coz I got the Blondepoker NFL fantasy draft to do'

Happy Birthday Sir.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 03, 2013, 05:03:16 PM »

Its just my opinion from doing a few

prefer two top twenty players than one in the top 30, especially in a 16 team league where you wait a while between picks

but its a random draft order, so need a strategy for wherever your draft spot lands

by strategy, I mean a lot of luck!

My eyes are open wide
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 03, 2013, 05:09:54 PM »

Its just my opinion from doing a few

prefer two top twenty players than one in the top 30, especially in a 16 team league where you wait a while between picks

but its a random draft order, so need a strategy for wherever your draft spot lands

by strategy, I mean a lot of luck!

End Thread. IMO

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 03, 2013, 05:25:58 PM »

Much as I hate formality in the league, there is prize money involved, so below are the general principles on my role as Commish, just for clarity and for the aid of the newbies.  The over-riding principle is to apply common sense where I can and, if in serious doubt, I'll put things to a vote if absolutely necessary.

We've had two seasons without major incident of note, and I'm confident that we'll make it 3.  However, where possible, I'd like to have things set down in advance, just in case I'm caught up in any controversy as a participant.

There are 3 main areas where I want to set out guidelines:

1) Trades
As last year, the trade veto is set to the Commish (i.e. me) having veto power, rather than a league vote as you may see in other leagues you play.  This isn't a shot a world domination, just a means to make the league run more smoothly.  If a trade gets put to the vote, it usually takes 2-3 days to be processed while the vote stays open, causing frustration if a trade takes place near game-time and doesn't happen that week (even worse if someone in the trade then gets injured before it processes and all hell breaks loose).  Having it referred to me is purely a means to speed things up when trades are agreed between teams.  Basically, if you're unhappy with a trade then get in touch ASAP and I'll review it, but we won't have an automatic 48-72hr voting period until it gets processed.

The general guideline is that I'm not going to police stupidity, hence 'bad'/uneven trades that you manage to agree are fine (and in some cases to be admired!)  I'll only intervene if I suspect there's collusion, or if someone complains and I review and uphold the complaint (the review process generally being to ask the managers to justify it from their viewpoint).  Provided there's a valid explanation from each manager as to why it benefits their team, then that should generally suffice.  Consequently, I'd be surprised if I need to take any action on any trades during the season, so I don't expect this to actually have any material impact on the trade process.

I'll obviously try to get trades processed ASAP once notified, but please be mindful of the review process, especially close to gametime, as I can't always guarantee to be available.  However, we've had no major issues to date and I intend for this to continue.

2) Abandoned Teams
Pretty much the only thing I ask of managers who join the league is that they continue to manage their teams to the end, no matter how badly they're doing.  The reason for this is that the integrity of the league depends on everyone staying involved.  This season is the first time I've been over-subscribed for the league (we've had one reserve who I couldn't accomodate this time around) so we now have the possibility of replacing managers in future seasons if they don't abide by these principles.

For clarity, all I'm talking about here is taking the 10 minutes each week to set your best available line-up and, in particular, to deal with players on bye weeks or with long-term injuries so that they're not sitting in your starting line up.  I can live with occasional lapses, but am more concerned with persistent, sustained abandonment which will likely result in someone not being invited back next year.

However, in the event that a team does become abandoned, then the treatment I will adopt is to do nothing with their team in terms of changing it's line up.  This is the fairest method available as the advantage/disadvantage to other managers is effectively random (i.e. I don't know at this point who will benefit from this, whereas any intervention at the time will have a clear outcome in terms of creating and advantage/disadvantage for someone, potentially myself).

The one exception is if someone maliciously abandons their team and dumps all the players back into the free agent pool (where the advantage of this would depend on the current waiver priority).  In this case, I will intervene to return the abandoned team to it's previous state, before then treating as an abandoned team as above.

3) Unforeseen Events/Site Errors
I'm mentioning this one as the site sometimes creates some uncertainty as to how it will deal with something (e.g. league tie-breakers, or play-off seeding).  Generally, if something of this nature arises, the principle I try to apply is to replicate how the real NFL works.  If the site appears to be doing something contrary to this, and it has an impact on the integrity of the league in my opinion (i.e. a No1 seed being given a disadvantageous play-off draw due to a miscalculation by the site) then I will intervene as necessary to correct this.  If so, I will always attempt to give notice of my intentions on the thread, so that objections can be raised in advance.

Ultimately, it's in my interests for you guys to continue to trust me to run this, otherwise it will fall apart going forward, so everything I do with this league is generally in it's best interests long-term.  I hope this is obvious at the time, but am again stating this now in case it's not.

Right, enough of the formalites.  Hope that's sufficient for everyone, but feel free to ask questions if anything is unclear.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 03, 2013, 05:31:55 PM »

I am most definitely the value tonight but love fantasy sports. Just won my first title in the 8th year of my NHL dynasty league with 14 North Americans but with the NFL I am most definitely in it for the love of the game.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 03, 2013, 05:39:11 PM »

It's like turning up for an exam.

You have those who've done loads of revision and want you to know about it (I've colour coded and cross matched everything I could find using the Dewey decimal system and a load of spreadsheets.

Then those who have done loads but who want you to think they've done anything (clue is always the qualifying words: "I haven't really had time to do much work"

Those who tell you they have done loads when they should have done a lot more

And those who've done nothing and just want to have fun.

I'm not expecting a cap and gown in February...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 03, 2013, 06:36:36 PM »

I just got in from work and am frantically rushing around so I can be settled by 8.

That way then I have 30 mins to refresh my draft boards and 30 mins to rip up the strategy when I see I've got first pick.

Remind me to show you all the team I, somehow, managed to get from the 8 ball in a 10 teamer last night on nfl.com. It has to be seen to be believed. Not showing you until AFTER this draft though as the shrewd ones amongst you will be able to work out some of the guys I have earmarked...
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 03, 2013, 06:54:14 PM »

FFS just watched S1 E1 of the League on Netflix

Sigh, Sheriff

*clears schedule*

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 383 Go Up Print