blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:57:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 612017 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: September 18, 2013, 11:51:40 PM »

One of us might have got lucky there Rich Shocked)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
LEXUS

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: September 19, 2013, 12:34:07 AM »

Marky look at the two trades i proposed ...

I'll run it by Lex when he gets home mate Smiley

Sorry I haven't worked out how to decline trade proposals (newbie mug) but I don't want to be stuck with 3 QB's.

I am looking to off load Big Ben so if anyone has a 2nd QB gathering moss in their roster who thinks Ben would be better at doing that then please let me know...

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: September 19, 2013, 12:37:27 AM »

Go into the trade proposal itself and you should see 3 options - Accept, counter and reject.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
LEXUS

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: September 19, 2013, 01:28:19 AM »

Thanks Curtis.

I feel the best about my starting line up in the 3 weeks so no doubt I will get mullered lol

Although we managed to beat AP last week I am not so confident this week vs the Russell Wilson & Calvin Johnson combo

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: September 19, 2013, 07:17:52 PM »

Rookie question that may have already been addressed. Once the Thursday games have happened are you still able to make chnges to your lineup other than the lads who have already played?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: September 19, 2013, 07:33:00 PM »

Rookie question that may have already been addressed. Once the Thursday games have happened are you still able to make chnges to your lineup other than the lads who have already played?

Yes, right up to their individual kick off times.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: September 19, 2013, 08:34:38 PM »

Excellent thanks

@fairwaywedge
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: September 19, 2013, 10:02:16 PM »

FFS

Every time I think of a sneaky FA acquisition I click on the player only to find he's been picked up by Bobbysbagofshit or Pancake Block.

FML

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: September 19, 2013, 10:05:33 PM »

Bobbysbagofbollocks would have been a better name imo.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: September 19, 2013, 10:06:39 PM »

Yeah but he's still 1-1 this season

talktothehand

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: September 19, 2013, 10:19:26 PM »

talktothehand

Talstalentlesstossers?

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: September 19, 2013, 10:21:09 PM »

talktothehand

Talstalentlesstossers?

Absolutely robbed

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: September 22, 2013, 11:57:54 AM »

Week 2 Report - A Reversal Of Fortunes

Week 1 provided some epic matchups, with a good chance that some of the records created will still be there at the end of the season.  Certainly, it's unlikely that we'll ever see a team with a 2-1 record after a single week again (well done ChipRich!)  However, many of the big name players underperformed on their opening outing.  Would things return to normal in Week 2?:

Results:
Johnny Football's Autograph 115.90 - Stapleton Atheists 107.68
Budd Dwyers Disciples 78.12 - Virgin Autopicks FTW 81.20
The Tifosi BlackHearts 84.30 - Vegas Venoms 114.48
MANAGER RETIRED 99.76 - B Side's 104.14
Landry's Losers 104.24 - PancakeBlock 86.16
Bobby'sbagofbollox 98.76 - Arkansas Gravediggers 71.18
Longy's laughable losers 115.58 - Robbies Gould en Shower 91.02
Sheriff's Stars 118.42 - Teddington Tailgators 88.88

Linux (2-0) 115.90 - Camel (1-1) 107.68 - Linux 2, Former Blondebowl Champions 0!  An impressive start to the season for Linux saw him defeat defending champion Camel in a tight-fought encounter.  His winning score of 115.90 came largely from 4 players.  RGIII proved his worth with plenty of garbage-time points accumulation against the Packers and Arian Foster did what Arian Foster is supposed to do.  Mike Wallace spent the week complaining about his usage in Week 1 and proved a point in Week 2 with a 17.50 point haul.  However, the most noteworthy contribution was from Knowshon Moreno, who appears to have locked up the No1 RB position in Denver for the time being (NB: expect this situation to be static for about 2 weeks, on average) and bagged 22.70 points from the flex spot.  Antonio Gates apart, the remaining roster didn't do much, but it was enough to make Linux one of only 2 managers in the league with a 2-0 record.  The league is starting to resemble the SkyBet Championship already!

Camel has been noticeably quieter on the thread this week, and this may be down to the Hunger Foul-esque decision to leave James Jones' 15.80 points on the bench.  This would have changed the result if he'd played instead of Boldin, although it's hard for anyone to have envisaged him producing only 0.70 pts after his Week 1 display.  In fact, the 49ers poor display hurt Camel's team badly with the combo of Gore, Boldin and Dawson only producing 6.70 points in total.  Still, a score of 107.68 is pretty healthy (good enough to be the highest losing effort of the week) which suggests that this was likely a blip rather than anything more serious.  I expect the chirpiness to return to the thread soon enough!

LeKnave (1-1) 78.12 - ForthThistle (1-1) 81.20 - The good news for LeKnave is that he improved on his Week 1 score.  Unfortunately for him, this time it wasn't enough for the win, although only just, as ForthThistle gets his first ever Fantasy win with a score that sees him enter the Lowest Winning Team Score list (surpassed only by LeKnave's Week 1 effort!)  LeKnave actually managed to outscore his opponent in 6 of the 10 starting spots, but his score was littered with players scoring around the 10-12 point mark.  Unfortunately, one of these was sitting on the bench, in Bernard Pierce, and so was Giovani Bernard's 18.50 points which was the best effort of the week from his roster.  MJD looks to be the biggest concern, as his 2.80 point effort was cut-short by an ankle injury.  TE is also a concern, as Fred Davis appears to have become the No2 option in Washington.  Housler's return from injury can't come soon enough.

ForthThistle relied heavily on Pierre Garcon's 20pt haul for the win, with only Rudolph (10), Brady (a disappointing 11) and the Bucs D (a surprising 15 vs the Saints) providing double figure scores.  He did have Rivers on the bench though, and his impressive start to the season, including almost 30 points here, gives David a genuine selection dilemma for Week 3.  Does he go with the form guy or hold out and hope that Brady resumes normal service?  Elsewhere in the lineup, both Ray Rice and Reggie Bush's days were cut short by injury.  Rice has already been declared out for Week 3 (ironically, LeKnave will benefit from this with Pierce on his roster) and Bush's status is uncertain.  Without these two available, it may be a while until ForthThistle is celebrating his 2nd win.

The Sicilian (0-2) 84.30 - sharplea (1-1) 114.48 - Sicilian's start to Fantasy NFL life is most notable for the fact that he's been on the receiving end of the two biggest margins of victory in the league this season.  In this case, it was a 30pt defeat to sharplea which followed last week's battering against TightEnd.  If we continue the Championship analogy, then he's Barnsley at the moment, so he has my sympathies!  All this was achieved despite an impressive 34.90 points from Aaron Rodgers.  The RBs also did their job, with Bradshaw and Morris returning 14 and 12 points respectively (news of Trent Richardson's trade to Indy won't be welcome in the Sicilian household!)  However, the remainder of the roster did little else, and even the selection of an optimal lineup wouldn't have changed the result.  Troubling times at Oakwell!

Sharplea will be pleased with a healthy scoreline and a first win, but somewhat bemused to see some of the big point hauls coming from the K and DEF positions, rather than from Russell Wilson, who demonstrated that a good day at the office in real-life doesn't always manifest as the same on the Fantasy scoreboard.  Calvin Johnson did have an immediate return to form after a disappointing Week 1 and did what was expected of him.  No doubt we'll be seeing more 20+ point hauls from him as we move forward.  Encouragement for sharplea too from Lamar Miller showing signs of the potential that generated all the hype around him during the Fantasy draft season.

Horneris (0-2) 99.76 - Nakor (2-0) 104.14 - If anyone is able to challenge Sicilian for the 'FML' award for their start to the season, then it's surely Horneris, who has scored 202.76 points in the first two weeks of the season and has a 0-2 record to show for it (in comparison, the two teams with 2-0 records have scored 209 and 205 points in total, the latter of whom was his Wk2 opponent Nakor).  It all looked so different going into MNF, with Horneris stil having Isaac Redman and Antonio Brown to provide the 10 points or so needed to overhaul Nakor's final score of 104.14, but the Steelers' poor start to the season resulted in them scoring only 1.1 and 5.7 pts respectively.  At least his other WRs are performing for him with Marshall, Johnson and Cruz all having decent days.  Cam Newton's 16.66 points were a disappointment though, and he needs to start generating the rushing yards and TDs to justify his pre-draft ranking, for Brent's sake if nothing else.

Nakor, on the other hand, has been on the right side of two close matchups so far and is starting to show ominous signs of repeating last season's regular season record.  Malcom Floyd's 10.20 point haul was curtailed by a horrific-looking injury vs the Eagles which looks likely to keep him out for several weeks, but the likes of Luck, Cobb, Olsen, Walsh and the Bears D all chipped in with double digits to keep the score ticking along.  Once again, his team did 'just enough to win', much as the Patriots are doing in the real-life NFL.  It may not be pretty, but it's effective!  Nakor will be intrigued to see how his star RB, Trent Richardson, is affected by a surprise mid-season trade to Indy, particularly with regard to how much playing time he'll actually see in Week 3.  Knowing Nakor, it'll probably turn out to be just enough to get the job done!

Marky147/LEXUS (1-1) 104.24 - TightEnd (1-1) 86.16 - Amid all the drama surrounding ChipRich's remarkable Week 1 victory, it's easy to forget that one team (and two co-managers) were the ultimate victim of the dreaded stat corrections.  Thankfully for Marky and LEXUS, they soon had an uncontroversial victory in week 2 to take their mind off things, following a comfortable win over Tighty.  Star of the show was Julio Jones with 24.20 points, with Mendenhall and Forte deserving honourable mentions.  However, I don't envy their week to week 'who's going to be the least mediocre' decision as to whether to play Big Ben or Andy Dalton at QB.  They made the wrong decision in Week 2, but 12.64 vs 16.20 points is hardly the most encouraging stat-line they'll see.

Tighty saw a return to the familiar scoring territory that he's become so used to in earlier seasons.  Let's give him credit, as he requested, for the wavier pickup of Eddie Royal who delivered 27 points and crushed the hopes of an NFC East rival team in the process.  However, there was little else to celebrate on his roster in Week 2 as a subdued performance from AP, and some truly awful looking figures from the other WR and TE positions killed his chances of going 2-0.  Fitzgerald is the biggest concern, as there's an injury worry surrounding it, so Tighty will be hoping for postive news.  McFadden did deliver another big game, though, and his return to form and fitness is perhaps a little more 'under the radar' than it deserves to be.  It's just very difficult to have confidence in it lasting a full season.

Bobby1 (1-1) 98.76 - Tal (1-1) 71.18 - Bobby1 got off the mark for the season with a comfortable victory over Tal.  Perhaps the ongoing team-name selection issues are the reason, in which case we can expect multiple monikers from the bagofbollox, fomerly the Bagoshiters, formerly the Broncos (which will result in severe writer's cramp for poor Sheriff by the time Week 13 rolls around, on current pace!)  Marshawn Lynch deserves the headlines for the win, thanks to a mighty 31.50 point haul, and Matt Ryan also produced a decent 22.96 points (albeit surprisingly outscored in the ATL-STL game, and on the bench, by Sam Bradford!)

In contrast, Tal's early season optimism was brought to a crushing halt by the sight of only 3 rostered players hitting double figures, the highest scoring of whom was Jay Cutler from the bench.  Tal announced early on Sunday evenng that leaving Cutler there was a good move, and certainly no-one would have envisaged his late-game heroics and an uncharacteristic shocker from Brees later that evening.  However, it's unlikely that this will be a long-term issue for him, as Brees will no doubt bounce back to his usual form soon enough.  Tal will be more concerned with addressing the other roster issues, where his depth looks paper-thin at present.  SJax's injury might provide some respite in terms of more playing time for Jacquizz Rodgers for the next few weeks, but news of Dwayne Allen going to IR hardly helps the cause for Week 3.  Some tough decisions lay ahead!

Longy (1-1) 115.58 - ChipRich (1-1) 91.02 - OK, I'm fairly confident that this one isn't going to get overturned by a stat correction!  Longy's team put together a healty 115.58 points total despite only getting 5.78 from Colin Kaepernick at QB and nothing at all from Brent Celek at TE.  Needless to say, this bodes well for his future prospects in this league.  Star performers for him were Shady McCoy (17), DJax (25) and Jimmy Graham (24).  The big Philly performances came despite the Eagles being defeated, proving that the chances of a repeat don't depend on them winning games (which is fortunate for Longy as there may not be many Eagle wins!)  Graham proved himself to be resilient to an awful Saints performance, unlike Drew Brees.  All in all, a reassuring week for Mr Long!

Rich, on the other hand, had too many sub-par scores on his roster to compete.  Stafford did OK, Tavon Austin showed why he's rated so highly by many people with a 2TD performance and Fred Jackson outscored C.J Spiller to demonstrate that he offers more than a handcuff option to managers.  However, SJax's injury along with a lack of bounce-back from Stephen Ridley, was typical of the type of week that makes Fantasy NFL so frustrating at times.  It could be worse though, he was 0-2 at one point, so being 1-1 at the end of it will feel like a moral victory, surely!

Sheriff (1-1) 118.42 - rinswun (1-1) 88.88 - Yeah baby, who needs Running Backs after all!  118 points overall despite the 3 RBs in the starting line up only contributing 14.50 of these went some way to ensuring Week 1's disaster of a gameweek was swiftly forgotten by the Sheriff!  Don't worry though, I still had to endure watching the Eagles lose to the Chargers to witness Vick's 34 points, so there was plenty of misery still involved.  Bryant looked like he might set all sorts of WR records after a huge start to his game, but then was relatively quiet for the remaining game, so it was encouraging to see decent contributions from elsewhere in the team.  Week 3 presents all sorts of selection headaches.  Gronk's return seems unlikely and the NYG running back position suddenly seems very cloudy when it looked so clear at the draft.  Still, at least I can approach it with a 1-1 record like most of the other managers.

Rinswun's optimism will have been dented by his team's performance.  He got a more typical performance from Eli Manning this week and a very subdued one from AJ Green.  However, Randy Bullock seems to have provided the most frustration for him and my preview tip as sneaky value is suddenly fighting for his roster spot on the Texans!  Still, he has Jamaal Charles, who's already produced a big week 3 score for him at the time of writing, so things are by no means bleak for the Tailgators!

And onto Week 3 we go.  The early game hasn't put any matchups out of sight, unlike week 1, and has at least allowed me to get 'real-NFL' misery out of the way early on thus allowing me to concentrate on the fantasy version for the remainder of the weekend.  The remarkable thing is that 12 of our teams begin the week 1-1, thus showing how untypical week 1's scores proved to be.  It's interesting that none of the Week 2 scores made it onto the highest or lowest score tables for the season suggesting that Week 2, on the whole, was largely a case of regression to the mean in general terms.  Those managers celebrating a Week 2 win will certainly hope this is the case.

GL for Week 3 everyone!

YTD Records:

Highest Team Score: (2012 Record: 166.80 - B Side's - Nakor)
1) 150.18 - Stapleton Atheists (Week 1)
2) 130.02 - Pancake Block (Week 1)
3) 122.28 - Longy's laughable losers (Week 1)

Lowest Team Score: (2012 Record: 40.28 - Ruxin's Ravens - Linux)
1) 58.70 - Vegas Venoms (Week 1)
2) 65.22 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 1)
3) 67.68 - Budd Dwyers Disciples (Week 1)

Lowest Winning Team Score: (2012 Record: 64.76 - B Side's - Nakor)
1) 67.68 - Budd Dwyers Disciples (Week 1) vs Vegas Venoms
2) 81.20 - Virgin Autopicks FTW (Week 2) vs Budd Dwyers Disciples
3) 93.46 - Johnny Football's Autograph (Week 1) vs Sheriff's Stars

Highest Losing Team Score: (2012 Record: 137.52 - Bobby1's Broncos - Bobby1)
1) 122.28 - Longy's laughable losers (Week 1) vs Stapleton Atheists
2) 107.68 - Stapleton Atheists (Week 2) vs Johnny Football's Autograph
3) 103.00 - MANAGER RETIRED (Week 1) vs Arkansas Gravediggers

Largest Winning Margin: (2012 Record: 86.50 - Dr Mantis Toboggan MD - Horneris)
1) 42.60 - PancakeBlock (Week 1) vs The Tifosi Blackhearts
2) 30.18 - Vegas Venoms (Week 2) vs The Tifosi Blackhearts
3) 29.54 - Sheriff's Stars (Week 2) vs Teddington Tailgators

Narrowest Winning Margin: (2012 Record: 0.16 - Robbies Gould en Shower - ChipRich)
1) 1.94 - Robbies Gould en Shower (Week 1) vs Landry's Losers
2) 3.08 - Virgin Autopicks FTW (Week 2) vs Budd Dwyers Disciples
3) 3.10 - B Side's (Week 1) vs Virgin Autopicks FTW

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: September 22, 2013, 08:09:31 PM »

Brandon LaVell is crushing...from my bench...

Probably spurred on by his brother's good news in the week.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: September 22, 2013, 08:22:26 PM »

Potential for me to put up an all time low score here - Manning, Green and Gresham combined for less than 1 point. Didn't realise that was possible!

@fairwaywedge
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: