blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:30:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 617264 times)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3525 on: September 05, 2016, 03:13:24 PM »

can you swap williams and marshall back please ..marshall on a season ending injury and i wanted to keep karlos

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3526 on: September 05, 2016, 03:25:31 PM »

can you swap williams and marshall back please ..marshall on a season ending injury and i wanted to keep karlos

I can't swap them back as the draft picks all need to be picked up (ordinarily they'd be done in real-time so we wouldn't have the option of picking them up later).

Happy to swap Williams for someone else though, if you have another player you'd prefer to drop.  Let me know.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3527 on: September 05, 2016, 03:26:31 PM »

For everyone's info, I've restored Jamison Crowder to Absolutely Gash's roster and dropped Jace Amaro at their request.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3528 on: September 05, 2016, 04:22:02 PM »

Redraft update.

Looking at the thread, it looks like most of last year's redraft players have confirmed their interest in returning, and we've had 3 new expressions of interest.  Consequently, I'm going to set things up initially as 2 x 12 man leagues so that everyone can be accomodated and drop people out as necessary to get the drafts to run tonight at 9pm (I will PM those concerned to flag up and try to get confirmations in the interim).

The list is as follows:

Existing Players, Confirmed Interest
1) Horneris
2) Sheriff
3) rinswun
4) Tal
5) ForthThistle
6) Sicilian
7) MattyHollis
Cool Graham C (need to check he's available to draft)
9) bobby1
10) LeKnave
11) ChipRich
12) Linux
13) Ironside
14) TightEnd
15) Nakor (autodrafting due to wedding anniversary)
16) KarmaDope
17) ruud

Existing Players (still to chase confirmation):
18) Marky147/LEXUS
19) TL900
20) The Camel

New Players Interested (In order of interest expressed):
21) fatcatstu
22) PokerBroker
23) Cavey007

If needed to fill the league:
24) Sheriff 2nd team (I need to be in each league to Commish them, but got round this by piggy-backing onto Ironside's team as a co-manager last year.  Can fill if necessary).

Based on this I'm going to randomise the player list now and send out invites to everyone if they need to move leagues.  (I'll generate the two league lists first and then see which way round involves the fewest player swaps, before allocating them as 'A' and 'B') I will follow up with a PM and drop out players as necessary if they can't play for any reason.  The 2 leagues need to be of equal size and both need even numbers, so I need either 20 or 24 players signed up in total to get this working.  I'll do this as fairly as possible with priority for existing players, and for new players in order of expression of interest. 

As we approach draft time this evening, I'll do what's needed to get the drafts to run at 9pm, which means that everything will need to be finalised before 8:30pm which is when nfl.com will create a random draft order.  In some cases this might mean a late switch of leagues to balance up the numbers, in which case I'll chase via PM to co-ordinate this.

Look out for PMs and email invites coming your way.  The link for the two leagues are:
http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/463186
http://fantasy.nfl.com/league/3672519

so you should expect to find yourself in one of these two leagues later this evening (although some of you may need to switch depending on the outcome of the draw).

Basic logistics are £30 entry fee, to be collected over the next week or so (if not received by the deadline I set then you will just be skipped with regard to payment of prizes at the end of the season).  Competitions will run along the same lines as last season as per cut and paste info below from last year:

Based on an unchanged entry fee of £30, £20 will form the league prize pool and the remaining £10 will be used for the combined competitions.  The combined competitions will be as follows:
1) Overall best 3-week aggregate score from any weeks of the season (as per last year)
2) Overall 1-week aggregate score (as per last year)
3) Combined 'Breakdown' league (this takes all players in both leagues and does the calculation that you seen in the 'Breakdown' tab on nfl.com - so works out the best team based on all teams playing all other teams in every gameweek).  If this can be done across the full season, including play-offs, it will, but this is dependent on every team having a fixture (so no bye weeks in the play-offs for anyone).  Failing this, it will be based on regular season results only.
4) Best draft result (this will simply use the season-long totals of the players you drafted, in the highest scoring starting roster available, regardless of how long they stayed on your roster or not)

The leagues, regardless of whether they're 10 or 12 team leagues in the end will pay top 2 post-playoff places on a 75:25 basis (so £180/£60 for 12 teams, £150/50 for 10 teams).

The side comps will pay the following, based on whether we have 20 or 24 players overall:
3 week aggregate comp: £120 (12 team structure) / £100 (10 team)
1 week highest score comp: £36 (12 team) / £30 (10 team)
Breakdown league: £80 (12 team) / £70 (10 team)
Best Draft: £20 (12 team) / £20 (10 team)

If anyone can't play, please let me know via PM or this thread ASAP and I'll adjust as necessary.  If anyone new wants to join in the carnage and are available to draft at 9pm this evening then please post in the thread.

Sorry for leaving it so late to set up but this league always ends up with a last minute scramble to fill anyway so with a fair wind we can get everything set up to draft as planned.

Here goes nothing....

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3529 on: September 05, 2016, 04:28:49 PM »

Sounds good to me Smiley

Done 3 drafts so far, 2 have gone well, 1 shockingly, for fingers crossed!

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3530 on: September 05, 2016, 04:38:21 PM »

OK, here are the randomised leagues, including whether this involves you staying in the same league or getting an invite to switch.  I'll be firing out the invitations in the next few minutes.

Manager   New League   Status
Nakor   B   No change
TightEnd   B   No change
Linux   B   No change
TL900   B   Invite
ForthThistle   B   Invite
Ironside   B   No change
bobby1   B   No change
KarmaDope   B   No change
Sheriff 2nd Team   B   Invite
PokerBroker   B   Invite
ruud   B   No change
Cavey007   B   Invite

LeKnave   A   Invite
ChipRich   A   Invite
Marky147/LEXUS   A   No change
MattyHollis   A   No change
fatcatstu   A   Invite
TheCamel   A   Invite
Graham C   A   No change
Tal   A   No change
Sicilian   A   No change
Horneris   A   No change
Sheriff   A   No change
rinswun   A   No change

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3531 on: September 05, 2016, 04:58:20 PM »

I'm sorted, joined up.

I don't know the scoring off the top of my head and was looking around, is it standard scoring or any bonus pts etc...? Looks like individuals get pts for Punt/Kick off return TDs, not sure whether that's standard or not?

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #3532 on: September 05, 2016, 05:03:15 PM »

yessssss in

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3533 on: September 05, 2016, 05:03:42 PM »

Mostly standard scoring but with a few slight tweaks here and there.

What team name are you signed up as?  I can't spot you yet, but it may just be that I'm blind!

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3534 on: September 05, 2016, 05:04:51 PM »

It's got to be Burfict, in NFL B with Iron Eagles

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3535 on: September 05, 2016, 05:06:20 PM »

I'm good, will be online thanks

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #3536 on: September 05, 2016, 05:10:32 PM »

I can get someone to take the 24th team if that helps? (He is a blonde member but dont think he has posted before)

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3537 on: September 05, 2016, 05:15:19 PM »

PM sent to everyone, and all invites should be out now.  Let me know if nothing received and you're expecting one.

Thanks to TL900 and Cavey for signing up already.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3538 on: September 05, 2016, 05:18:52 PM »

I can get someone to take the 24th team if that helps? (He is a blonde member but dont think he has posted before)

That would be useful, thanks.  Can you get him to post in the thread or PM me his email address please.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #3539 on: September 05, 2016, 05:26:24 PM »

I can't swap them back as the draft picks all need to be picked up (ordinarily they'd be done in real-time so we wouldn't have the option of picking them up later).

Happy to swap Williams for someone else though, if you have another player you'd prefer to drop.  Let me know.

Drop kenny bell

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: