blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:08:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 ... 383 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde NFL Fantasy League 2019/20  (Read 630008 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4395 on: August 28, 2018, 04:20:10 PM »

last year was 2 x 10, would hope its the same

i genuinely found 1 x 16 unplayable after a couple of injuries.

redraft FF needs a decent waiver wire pool or else its just a punt on injuries/health of your players

I agree with you there Rich, 16 man grindathons are painful.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4396 on: August 28, 2018, 04:25:19 PM »

redraft FF needs a decent waiver wire pool or else its just a punt on injuries/health of your players

100% it cant be a 16 team League

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4397 on: August 28, 2018, 04:45:32 PM »

100% it cant be a 16 team League

12 man league prob still ok but once you get to 14 and 16 man is just a luck fest injurython really

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4398 on: August 28, 2018, 04:48:52 PM »

12 Man is Fine. We also have WAB points for Waiver Pick ups. That adds more fun and doesnt depend on Luck.

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #4399 on: August 28, 2018, 05:28:57 PM »

Sorry chaps, been away in Wales.

Should have said I didn't want to do any more picks, I didn't think.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #4400 on: August 28, 2018, 08:04:17 PM »

Guys. We need a date and Time for the Redraft League to try and appease everyone will be tough. The NFL starts in 9 days. We need a decision ASAP!!!!!

ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #4401 on: August 29, 2018, 12:28:37 AM »

Guys. We need a date and Time for the Redraft League to try and appease everyone will be tough. The NFL starts in 9 days. We need a decision ASAP!!!!!

Can i please make a suggestion of Monday 3rd September 2018 for the Redraft League.

Monday good with me 👍👍

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4402 on: August 29, 2018, 08:06:24 AM »

Bit of housekeeping on the Dynasty draft.

This is what has been done:

1.01   Saquon Barkley RB (NYG)    
1.02   DJ Moore WR (Car)      
1.03   Sony Michel RB (NE)      
1.04   Rashaad Penny RB (Sea)    
1.05   Royce Freeman RB (Den)    
1.06   Kerryon Johnson RB (Det)
1.07   Ronald Jones RB (TB)    
1.08   Baker Mayfield QB (Cle)
1.09   Calvin Ridley WR (Atl)  
1.10   Nick Chubb RB (Cle)

2.01   Derrius Guice RB (Was)
2.02   Mike Gesicki TE (Mia)
2.03   Lamar Jackson QB (Bal)
2.04   Courtland Sutton WR (Den)
2.05   Anthony Miller WR (Chi)
2.06   James Washington WR (Pit)
2.07   Christian Kirk WR (Ari)
2.08   Mark Walton RB (Cin)
2.09   Michael Gallup WR (Dal)
2.10   Nyheim Hines RB (Ind)

3.01   DJ Chark WR (Jax)
3.02   Jordan Wilkins RB (Ind)
3.03   Hayden Hurst TE (Bal)
3.04   Dante Pettis WR (SF)
3.05   Josh Rosen QB (Ari)
3.06   Sam Darnold QB (NYJ)
3.07   Dallas Goedert TE (Bal)
3.08   Antonio Callaway WR (Cle)
3.09   Dalton Schultz TE (Dal)
3.10   Tre'Quan Smith WR (NO)

4.01   Chase Edmonds RB (Ari)
4.02   John Kelly RB (LAR)
4.03   Keke Coutee WR (Hou)
4.04   Josh Allen QB (Buf)
4.05   Jaylen Samuels RB (Pit)
4.06   Daniel Carlsen K (Min)
4.07   Chris Warren III RB (Oak)
4.08   Ian Thomas TE (Car)
4.09   Jordan Lasley WR (Bal)    
4.10   Terry Swanson RB (Hou)

5.01   Auden Tate WR (Cin)      
5.02   Justin Jackson RB (LAC)    
5.03   Trey Quinn WR (Was)        
5.08   J'Mon Moore WR (GB)

6.01   Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR (GB)

I think that just leaves Spider2YBanana at 6.08 and as many times as he wants thereafter.

6.08   Spider2YBanana

If he passes, or otherwise once he's done, that concludes the draft.

Please let me know if there are any mistakes in the list above (entirely possible).

Would everyone please take their picks out of the free agency pool as soon as is convenient, as we're then done and ready.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation in keeping it moving. We got this done in record time.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4403 on: August 29, 2018, 02:12:02 PM »

I'm done guys.

Draft concluded?

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4404 on: August 30, 2018, 03:17:00 PM »

Think in future we need to have all rosters finalised pre draft, otherwise there’s a huge incentive to just stack IR players in season to effectively have a huge roster to ride out throughout the whole draft process.

Understand this year was a bit rushed getting the draft started so fair enough, just a thought moving forward though.

Good luck this season everyone, but this is OUR year.

The fundamental issue with this is that 80% of the managers don't bother selecting their 30 keepers, which is what's needed to start the process.  Despite the delay this year, when I came to do the admin I only had two completed rosters of the 10 in the league.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4405 on: August 30, 2018, 03:25:53 PM »

Redraft league will be planned a little later on but the draft date will be in it's usual spot of Monday 3rd September (the Monday prior to Week 1).  We'll aim for an 8pm start time, unless there's a strong preference to change this.

I'm back from holiday (and painfully slow internet) now so can get this set up, but the draft date was advised weeks ago.

The only issue with this is that it potentially rules out Graham, which would be a shame, but I'm sure there'll also be issues with someone on any of the alternatives.

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #4406 on: August 30, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »

Think in future we need to have all rosters finalised pre draft, otherwise there’s a huge incentive to just stack IR players in season to effectively have a huge roster to ride out throughout the whole draft process.

Understand this year was a bit rushed getting the draft started so fair enough, just a thought moving forward though.

The fundamental issue with this is that 80% of the managers don't bother selecting their 30 keepers, which is what's needed to start the process.  Despite the delay this year, when I came to do the admin I only had two completed rosters of the 10 in the league.

You don't need access to the site to ask people to list the players they wish to drop on this thread tho?

TBH you don't need access to the site to do the whole draft including managers having to select which players they want to drop. Its all on here now its finished so problems with the site shouldn't have delayed anything really. The draft could have been done 2 months ago on here. You would have a full list of players that need adding to teams and would also have a full list of the players they wanted to drop.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you to have the draft done before you had to reactivate the site which caused the problem of us not being able to drop our own players?

Would have been as simple as taking player a from the rookie list and removing player B that the manager had requested  to be dropped to make way for player A?

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4407 on: August 30, 2018, 05:18:56 PM »

You don't need access to the site to ask people to list the players they wish to drop on this thread tho?

TBH you don't need access to the site to do the whole draft including managers having to select which players they want to drop. Its all on here now its finished so problems with the site shouldn't have delayed anything really. The draft could have been done 2 months ago on here. You would have a full list of players that need adding to teams and would also have a full list of the players they wanted to drop.

Wouldn't it have been easier for you to have the draft done before you had to reactivate the site which caused the problem of us not being able to drop our own players?

Would have been as simple as taking player a from the rookie list and removing player B that the manager had requested  to be dropped to make way for player A?

They need access to the league to see their rosters in the first place.  The fact still remains that in however many season we’ve needed to sort keepers, they’ve never been completed by all the managers in the league and have needed manual adjustment by myself every season.

In theory, I shouldn’t need to do any manipulation of rosters, but in practice it’s a very different situation.  I’ve not been on Yahoo for a few days, but I’d be surprised if all the draft picks have been made yet, despite the draft now being over.  I may be wrong, but it would be a first if this is the case.  If not, it’s the same issue, as I then have to process them and take guesses as to who to drop.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4408 on: August 30, 2018, 05:26:14 PM »

Monday's fine for me

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4409 on: August 30, 2018, 09:11:31 PM »

Monday's fine for me

Good for us, too.

Pages: 1 ... 290 291 292 293 [294] 295 296 297 298 ... 383 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: