blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:19:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598442 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2445 on: August 23, 2012, 11:21:20 AM »

Many Thanks on the Grats from everyone!

@ Bobalike  I think we would be happy with somewhere from 2-4 but we will see

@ Bobalike2 (Celtic) Remember it is the 31st I am buying you dinner after the outlaws have gone home.

Played 3 more SNG's on the chipleader comp last night and didnt win one of them  Sad but on the one table of 10c/25c I was playing alongside we did a win of 1 1/2 buyins to pay for some more!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: August 24, 2012, 10:03:16 AM »

Played 4 more SNG's last night 3 x 10man and 1 x 20man and bricked the first two before shipping both the others for a further 22500 to be added to the 145000 already banked but annoyingly I lost half a buyin at the cash when somehow I lose with  on  so only have 29euro left to throw at the Chipleader now and then that's it!

I am backing a couple of horses today

Seamus Shindig   on at 10/1 early in the 5.10 Goodwood  £23 ew

and

Bordoni  16/1 @ 16/1 in the 7.05 Hamilton  £20 e/w plus a £7ew double

Plus I like the look of Lujeanie in the 5.15 Nmkt and will have an e/w single.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2447 on: August 24, 2012, 11:12:05 AM »

enjoy the diary

dont you thinks ss has gone a bit this season?

hasnt shown any spark to me yet
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: August 24, 2012, 11:47:04 AM »

enjoy the diary

dont you thinks ss has gone a bit this season?

hasnt shown any spark to me yet
Cheers Horsey
Yeah I have backed it twice this year once after it was kept completely out of the race won by Valmina and once more dissapointingly at Lingfield at the start of August but it is now 6lbs below last winning mark and one of two tracks this and Bath I personally reckon will pop up at plus was 12/1 last night and now an average of 9/1 so having missed the 12/1 last night had a bit at 10's.

Bordoni is now a non runner so it's all about the Shindig, I fancied Bordoni as it ran in a very hot historical race won by Scatter Dice that quite a few winners have popped up from!

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #2449 on: August 25, 2012, 11:56:20 AM »

showed a bit more yesterday tbf

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2450 on: August 25, 2012, 01:05:13 PM »

showed a bit more yesterday tbf

Agreed I will defo look out for the next entry!!

Made a miniscule profit y/day from the place part on Shindig and the non runner only for Lujeanie to finish 4th but it could have been worse!!

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2451 on: August 25, 2012, 01:12:12 PM »

Yesterday in the Chipleader was a bit of this...

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/6817/321dr.png[/img]]

Played 3 - 3rd in one, 2nd in one and 1st in one to add another 10k chips to the stack but I only have 15euro left from the £250 I allocated in qualifying so when it's gone it's gone!

Despite a cracking start to the month on sales and whilst still being top office out of our 3 local offices we have now not sold a property for 10 days and going into the bank holiday weekend that is quite worrying but is mildly expected as we work in a fairly money'd area and loads of our prospective clients (buyers and sellers) are away at the moment.

h

View Profile
« Reply #2452 on: August 25, 2012, 02:38:04 PM »

Played 3 - 3rd in one, 2nd in one and 1st in one to add another 10k chips to the stack but I only have 15euro left from the £250 I allocated in qualifying so when it's gone it's gone!

Despite a cracking start to the month on sales and whilst still being top office out of our 3 local offices we have now not sold a property for 10 days and going into the bank holiday weekend that is quite worrying but is mildly expected as we work in a fairly money'd area and loads of our prospective clients (buyers and sellers) are away at the moment.

i think this is good value €100 k gtd max 333 runners so buy in €300 assume runners are met (still need over 200 more) and you will have i think twice average stack
other way of looking at it is chip value

as of today
CURRENT MAIN EVENT PRIZEPOOL
€36,405.00

Total Chips in Play:

so your 177500 = €833

i still think your a luck box tho  Wink
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2453 on: August 25, 2012, 02:52:13 PM »

i think this is good value €100 k gtd max 333 runners so buy in €300 assume runners are met (still need over 200 more) and you will have i think twice average stack
other way of looking at it is chip value

as of today
CURRENT MAIN EVENT PRIZEPOOL
€36,405.00

Total Chips in Play:

so your 177500 = €833

i still think your a luck box tho  Wink
Hahaha   pot kettle calling black springs to mind!! Wink

I wonder if it will make the 333 runners but can see loads of circa 15k stacks trying in the last week but am happy with my outlay so far and chips as I'm sure you are!!

geordieneil
we are we are we are the mods

View Profile
« Reply #2454 on: August 25, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »

Great news on the baby Rich, wd m8
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: August 25, 2012, 03:15:33 PM »

Great news on the baby Rich, wd m8
Cheers mate

How's life?  Still abroad?

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: August 29, 2012, 02:54:04 PM »

How hard is it living with a pregnant woman?

I have to say I forgot how hard it is and how much they change in the first 10-16weeks it's as if someone has taken over her body and this devil has been implanted with eveything you do or say being the wrong thin, luckily I have patience in abundance so just sit there quietly and then get chastised for not saying anything  Wink

Here is baby Eso2 on his/her first (well actually second but we were asked back this week to fully date the pregnancy) scan taken today and fingers crossed all looks good with the due date being 13/3/2013 when it will GG life again for a few months well weeks at least  Tongue, if all goes as planned then we will be looking to have another home birth like we did last time but we shall see.

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8263/babyom.jpg[/img]]
 Click to see full-size image.

Away from that the outlaws go back to Slovakia tomorrow having been here for 2 weeks staying with us and after dropping them at the station I will be driving up to DTD and late regging the £500 and then driving back down South but coming back up Sat evening as am playing Rob HU for £1000 of DTD tourney credits that I won at the Blonde Bash and then hopefully day 2 and beyond of the deepstack.

The chipleader was coming to a grinding halt having spun my £250 into 180k and had 19euro left but then played one sng and stuck the rest on a 10c/25c and spun that into 50euro and won another couple of sng's including another 20man so currently have 200k and 4 golden chips of which 3 are worthless and a few more shots/spin ups over the next couple of weeks...

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #2457 on: August 29, 2012, 05:22:36 PM »

Having had 4 kids(well not Literally) defo a baby boy Eso from the scan Rich, gl at weekend

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: August 31, 2012, 03:44:15 PM »

Had a great day y/day after driving into London to drop off Petra's folks at Victoria Coach station I drive Petra back to Southend and then head upto Nottingham for the £500 which didnt go that well busting in level 12 or something but Claypole who had driven up Dubai and Celtic had donked off his stack early with "The Beltons" and Vinny and Dubai had bust leaving me a virtual freeroll for £150 @ 2/1 vs Dubai and my 4 horses with 120 left they were all still in but only 1 made day 2 and was just outside the top 25  Sad and then when I bust I was watching Dubai and Ben Vinson on Roulette and Black Jack and then they wanted me to join in and as the 4 people who read this will know I am not a player of house games myself but in the interests of Karma and Rungood flicked in £100 and watched as Ben ironed it out in about 4 hands whilst we had a discussion on whether you should double down on 11 vs a dealers picture or 10.

What do you think and why?

So at this point Dubai has managed to shark £300 off Marky and decides the roulette will come RED RED so a carpet goes on the wheel and in pops RED 14  Oioi and he then sensible old me says well give Marky his ££ back and stick the £300 on and he berates me as now he either wins just £600 or £900 so being the legend that he is sticks with the plan and is All in on Red    RED 7 it is then and with £1200 Marky is reimbursed and the boys are back in the game so when we decide they want to play the juicy 5/5 PLO game and want to sit £500 deep each Vinny, Marky and myself buy 10% in each and they swap 35% in each other so we go and rail and eventually Shallow gets a seat next to Bambos and Ben has to sit in the NLH reg game.

2 hours later Ben is still grinding £500 and Shallow is upto £1500 before potting a raise from the bb after mp raises and a 3b from Bambos otb which gets flatted and with just under a pot sized bet left he jams the flop of  which gets insta snapped and it looks like GG but as the great man himself says "it's 2012 and we all win" JK who was dealing rolls off the  three diamonds turn and and Shallow declares 2 pair and Bambos starts shaking his head with Vinny now stood behind mouthing to me whilst looking at Bambos's cards were good but lucky as he held  x and Shallow with  and we are upto £3k which soon becomes 5k then a peak of 8k beofre a small loss and at 2.45am Dubai now decides the game is too good and wants to stay so fades the lift home and cashes us in locked at £530 return and vinny and myself head down the M1 with me rolling in at 5.40 am after a stop for some food on the way home to break up the journey and I was up at 7.30 and in the office by 8.15 as per usual.

Those were the days...
Back up tomorrow to play Rob HU for £1000 in tourney credits and am going to top up the seat I won on Weds by £60odd and have a crack at the satelite for the CPP at DTD on sunday hoping to win a seat.

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #2459 on: August 31, 2012, 06:59:41 PM »

Had a great day y/day after driving into London to drop off Petra's folks at Victoria Coach station I drive Petra back to Southend and then head upto Nottingham for the £500 which didnt go that well busting in level 12 or something but Claypole who had driven up Dubai and Celtic had donked off his stack early with "The Beltons" and Vinny and Dubai had bust leaving me a virtual freeroll for £150 @ 2/1 vs Dubai and my 4 horses with 120 left they were all still in but only 1 made day 2 and was just outside the top 25  Sad and then when I bust I was watching Dubai and Ben Vinson on Roulette and Black Jack and then they wanted me to join in and as the 4 people who read this will know I am not a player of house games myself but in the interests of Karma and Rungood flicked in £100 and watched as Ben ironed it out in about 4 hands whilst we had a discussion on whether you should double down on 11 vs a dealers picture or 10.

What do you think and why?

So at this point Dubai has managed to shark £300 off Marky and decides the roulette will come RED RED so a carpet goes on the wheel and in pops RED 14  Oioi and he then sensible old me says well give Marky his ££ back and stick the £300 on and he berates me as now he either wins just £600 or £900 so being the legend that he is sticks with the plan and is All in on Red    RED 7 it is then and with £1200 Marky is reimbursed and the boys are back in the game so when we decide they want to play the juicy 5/5 PLO game and want to sit £500 deep each Vinny, Marky and myself buy 10% in each and they swap 35% in each other so we go and rail and eventually Shallow gets a seat next to Bambos and Ben has to sit in the NLH reg game.

2 hours later Ben is still grinding £500 and Shallow is upto £1500 before potting a raise from the bb after mp raises and a 3b from Bambos otb which gets flatted and with just under a pot sized bet left he jams the flop of  which gets insta snapped and it looks like GG but as the great man himself says "it's 2012 and we all win" JK who was dealing rolls off the  three diamonds turn and and Shallow declares 2 pair and Bambos starts shaking his head with Vinny now stood behind mouthing to me whilst looking at Bambos's cards were good but lucky as he held  x and Shallow with  and we are upto £3k which soon becomes 5k then a peak of 8k beofre a small loss and at 2.45am Dubai now decides the game is too good and wants to stay so fades the lift home and cashes us in locked at £530 return and vinny and myself head down the M1 with me rolling in at 5.40 am after a stop for some food on the way home to break up the journey and I was up at 7.30 and in the office by 8.15 as per usual.

Those were the days...
Back up tomorrow to play Rob HU for £1000 in tourney credits and am going to top up the seat I won on Weds by £60odd and have a crack at the satelite for the CPP at DTD on sunday hoping to win a seat.
Good day had by all !!
If I dont  make day two or bust early day two I am doing he same with my extra seat .....either way see you Sunday pal!!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: