blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:53:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272600 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 598395 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3720 on: September 30, 2014, 11:21:29 PM »

Had an email from my agent Friday to say my other property had been broken into and the neighbours had called the Police. The neighbour thought it was the tenant who had broken in!!

Whoever had broken in had done so by putting a ladder against the front of the house and going through a bedroom window. Just lol at how they thought they were getting away with it, it is a busy street  and you wouldn't get away with doing it at night, let alone in the afternoon.
Anyway, agent goes to the property and lets the Police in, tenant turns up a few minutes later, goes into the property with the Police and comes again 10 mins later in cuffs!!!

Apparently the Police found something, likely drugs.
Tenant gave notice, as did we, but we have agreed that they can go end of the week and property up for let again. Easier to let him go while the deposit is still intact rather than having to chase him/guarantor later for the rent.

Obv going to have to pay again for upfront costs of having a new tenant.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3721 on: October 03, 2014, 02:49:59 PM »

Hi mate.

You playing GPS still? Remember and book flights to glasgow as you're staying with me. I know you wouldn't be so stupid to book edinburgh, because only a really stupid person would do that, but just wanted to be sure.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3722 on: October 03, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »

Hi mate.

You playing GPS still? Remember and book flights to glasgow as you're staying with me. I know you wouldn't be so stupid to book edinburgh, because only a really stupid person would do that, but just wanted to be sure.
Hi mate
Yep all booked up and coming on the Weds and will be flying into Glasgow Edinburgh as I'm stupid!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3723 on: October 03, 2014, 09:24:34 PM »

No worries mate. Plenty trains and buses from Edinburgh airport to glasgow.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3724 on: October 03, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »

lolz see you all in EDIN for the gps.  I booked the train direct to edin for the gps!   I expect Edin's finest curry house btw not nando's!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:34:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3725 on: October 03, 2014, 10:56:08 PM »

lolz see you all in EDIN for the gps.  I booked the train direct to edin for the gps!   I expect Edin's finest curry house btw not nando's!
Which day are you coming up bud?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3726 on: October 03, 2014, 11:18:45 PM »

31 oct arrive at station at 1220pm celtic picking me up and straight to gps. 
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3727 on: October 03, 2014, 11:29:24 PM »

31 oct arrive at station at 1220pm celtic picking me up and straight to nandos

FYP

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3728 on: October 03, 2014, 11:35:49 PM »

I assume you're staying at vinnies like the rest of us yh?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3729 on: October 03, 2014, 11:39:09 PM »

I assume you're staying at vinnies like the rest of us yh?

no Simone (missus) is doing a masters in Edinburgh this year so i thought it made sense to couple seeing her and getting a couple of 'lol soft' donkfests in to pay the train up to see her if Celtic was playing! Grin  Please no nandos though!  First time i have ever played poker in Scotland.  Looking forward to it.  Up next weekend for the 25/25 and to see Simone obviously as well!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 11:46:17 PM by arbboy » Logged
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3730 on: October 04, 2014, 01:56:41 PM »

As I have Ukipt London next week and then at the end of the month due to Petra's work I will now being travelling to Edinburgh alone I thought it would be good yesterday on my day off to ensure the floor Petra wanted sanding was done as in the timeframe we have I need to prime and do 2 coats by Monday evening so having done this reception room 4 years ago and subsequently done the other rooms and upstairs I knew what I was in for.

This was the room having been emptied (obv in my opinion it didnt need doing but brownie points are required) and Petra wants to change the colour scheme and go back to a natural colour on the floor.

This was after the initial diaganol go to break the top of the seal

These last two were after the clean up and when the kids having looked at me all day were able to see the room again

First coat will be going on later on after I have finished work...

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3731 on: October 06, 2014, 03:21:34 PM »

As someone who does not like DIY I am happy with the end result as on Saturday I did a primer coat then SUnday am did a first coat and last night a second coat with the second clip being the ifnished article.

From this

To this

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3732 on: October 06, 2014, 05:28:22 PM »

Looks good, well done
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #3733 on: October 07, 2014, 07:57:57 PM »

Show off
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #3734 on: October 13, 2014, 07:00:48 PM »

Getting knocked out of a tournament when you don't play that many is pretty sad and even as a recreational player I always go through the thought process of could I have done anything different as you always want that feeling of being 'in'!

Going back Friday for day2 of the UKIPT london main event was no different even though I had considerably less chips than I have previously had for day 2's recently but I still felt hopeful of a spin more so when I found AA in the BB vs a button raise and decided I was just going to flat from 17bbs as I really wanted a double up so if my oppo outdrew me then fair play, so the 3KJss flop I hoped hit my Spanish oppo but he checked the flop and I bet 3bbs on the turn and he called which gave hope of another bet getting called and on the river I decided to bet all of my soldiers and after a short dwell he folded, I probably could have let him bluff but w/e.

With some confidence back in the chip stack I min opened 33 in the co and our table chippy (Anatoly Filatov) who was a very smartly dressed Russian young man that amassed a pretty good stack in yesterday's 1a of the EPT called in the bb and we saw a K72 flop which he checked, I decided to check back and when the Q hit the turn my now Russian oppo bet 2bbs and having seen him act differently when he recently doubled up I called and he checked the A river so I took the free showdown and was good vs 10high.

With 38mins to go till the break and me desperately needing a pee I took the option after it went utg open  MP 3b Btn cold 4 to fold my Sb and ran to the loo and was back just in time to sit down as the first card was dealt of the next hand so opening up 88 and having 13. Something bigs I initially thought happy days as imagine if I was 30 seconds later and it had been folded for me, alas another minute on I was wishing I had took longer under the hand dryer after I raise called off vs the SB who outdrew me with A9ss to leave me typing this.

Note to self from the weekend - always dry your hands just that little bit longer than they need in future Wink

I have still managed to abstain from having a bet which must be nearly 16 weeks now but I could be taking the biggest gamble of my life if I am considered for a venture that I have today put in an expression of interest for.

I showed a couple of clips previously of the premises on the seafront in Southend right opposite the pier entrance and at the other end of the lift connecting the High Street and the seafront and the premises itself has been empty since 2004 when it was built due to some build problems and then for the past 4 years by the previous leaseholder who passed away 2 years ago whilst I was selling his house (they do say moving can be stressful) and I have been in contact with the council ever since as I was close to assigining the lease from the late vendor himself.

Here is the premises and a link to an article about the site which appeared in the local newspaper a week or so ago

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/news/11502818.High_street_chain_hopes_for_Southend_seafront/?ref=mr

Over the past 3 years I have formulated a plan for the premises and would be going into this project with open eyes but it would be the equivalent of being "All in" on a semi bluff as first of all I have to secure the lease and ensure that it's a local person the council want as opposed to some faceless chain and that it the basis of my expression of interest with me stating the social & economic benefits that we as local people employing local people will bring to the area as our model is based around local people and local suppliers wich to my knowledge are our council's buzzwords but we are likely to be competing against Costa or Starbucks or both.

I was prepared to walk away from it when I saw the rent which is £45k per annum as I was negotiating on it less than 2 years ago for £15k per annum but then got excited again when I knew a big chain would be interested and my model was similar to what they do but with a couple of additions, it is however a very big investment as apart from the supplies being there ready to connect it is a shell inside and behind the wooden fascia there is nothing so the big glass frontage is most likely a £40k investment itself and dependant on build quality, time etc the total investment could be as much as £200k to get it up and running of which I am happy to risk half of from property etc etc and the upside is that on all the research I have done it would be feasable to expect to be able to turnover £500k possibly more if it really took off.

First of all I have to become the "chosen one" and then I have a good few weeks to sweat getting the rest of the money whilst they sort out the lease etc with a view to opening in Spring 2015. Petra has been great and very supportive on it and I think as we have both invested a lot of time over the past couple of years on it we would be disappointed not to have put in an expression of interest even if we are not chosen, especially if we see in a years time it doing really well as our model and layout is very similar to what they offer.

I get inspired by quite a few things and people these days and in the past week have...

*Had coffee with Ed Gascoigne who is a "top bloke" whilst in London although I looked pretty scruffy compared to him in his pinstripe suit and pink tie (takes a real man obv)

*Listened to a podcast that was recommended by Outrageous from a start up company who has also been a great help so far on this new project

*Read a book called "The E Myth" by Michael E Gerber that if you have not read but have a small business should be on your Christmas list.

In DIY (Man) Brags I have instead of trying to ladder in the UKIPT London been up a ladder doing the cutting in bit of the painting which is whilst time consuming, pretty rewarding as once it's finished you get to daub paint over the rest of it giving it a good finish and whilst I dont approve of the white walls (apparently in Leigh it's the IN thing) am pretty confident it will look good when finished this week.

Here is my excellent cutting in which I did after 2 coats of the ceiling and having removed the fireplace I made from two railway sleepers which is to be replaced with another

Pages: 1 ... 245 246 247 248 [249] 250 251 252 253 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: