blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:40:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272535 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD feedback/rulings
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD feedback/rulings  (Read 4416 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »

I've not been to DTD much recently but went last night to support the GP, and bagged myself a seat in the process (brag) Smiley

There's a few things though that niggled me so I thought i'd offer the following constructive criticism.

1) Tables were 10-handed. This is really uncomfortable and I felt like I had no breathing room. Especially when Girgy got moved next to me Wink They used to be 9 handed. Why the change? Even if it was just for the GP we only started with like 6 or 7 tables and loads of dealers sat around doing nothing. I played the last GP and they were 10-handed, presumably so you could get as many players in as possible, but that wasn't the case here.

2) Chip stacks! I remember the good old days where DTD left you with mountains of chips. Now you chip up at every possible oppurtunity and it saddens me Sad

The next two are ruling related so prob of interest to dik9 Smiley

3) Action was on a player and he said "pot". Obviously this is nonsense in no limit. But the dealer didn't know how to handle it. So she called the floor. Fair enough. The ruling though... the player is made to check. Eh? He clearly intended to bet. Why is he being made to check? Ruling should be "you can't bet the pot as we can't count it. please pick a number". He definitely shouldn't be made to check. Could easily be used as an angle shoot too. If I want to see a free card I can just say "pot" knowing it looks like I want to bet big but I'll be made to check.

4) Dealer deals flop before big blind has checked. The flop is pulled away but the turn and river are dealt face down. The flop is then reshuffled and dealed. I don't like this. The whole board should be reshuffled. I don't care about "preserving the integrity" of what would come. They're just random cards. But in this situation they're no longer random cards. They're cards that are specifically not one of the 3 cards we have just seen. Now all players have this information but it's going to change the dynamic of the hand and that isn't on. Also, one of the reasons we have burn cards is so if cards are marked we can't see them before they're dealt. Placing the turn/river face down on the table completely negates this fact.

Hopefully that doesn't come across as my usual moaning Smiley

Blue text
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2011, 03:21:07 PM »

Ill give you 3 out of 4 Charlie

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »

Ill give you 3 out of 4 Charlie

Yeah, 1 sucks, 3 and 4 are tez rulings, but meh @ #2.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:10 PM »

Yeah stu likes to snuggle in close to his fellow table mates

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:52 PM »

Number 3 is very dependant on how they put it. If they say "Bet the pot", then they are made to bet the minimum, as pot is an inexsitant number in No Limit. Raise the pot being the mininmum also. However, I think "pot" is a little less clear as to the obvious action. Probably best to open a discussion. Personally, I think it should be the same as "bet the pot", and the player be made to make a minimum bet.

Number 4 is DTD's rules, as it is that of alot of other cardrooms Iv played in. I dont really know the in depth argument as to why thats the correct way, but I believe it to be perfectly fine (though I have been brought up with that ruling so Im not really going to see any other way as correct.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:30:57 PM »

no number 5? didn't you say they took stacks out of play?

pot ruling is lolbad

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 03:34:13 PM »

Agree with #4, I dont see why they cant shuffle the whole board in, they are random cards that havent appeared yet.  It doesnt really matter what "would have come" as nobody will ever know

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 03:35:02 PM »

no number 5? didn't you say they took stacks out of play?

pot ruling is lolbad

Yea after the end of re entries the dead stacks were removed Huh?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Yogi-Bear

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2011, 04:03:03 PM »

I've not been to DTD much recently but went last night to support the GP, and bagged myself a seat in the process (brag) Smiley

There's a few things though that niggled me so I thought i'd offer the following constructive criticism.

1) Tables were 10-handed. This is really uncomfortable and I felt like I had no breathing room. Especially when Girgy got moved next to me Wink They used to be 9 handed. Why the change? Even if it was just for the GP we only started with like 6 or 7 tables and loads of dealers sat around doing nothing. I played the last GP and they were 10-handed, presumably so you could get as many players in as possible, but that wasn't the case here.

2) Chip stacks! I remember the good old days where DTD left you with mountains of chips. Now you chip up at every possible oppurtunity and it saddens me Sad

The next two are ruling related so prob of interest to dik9 Smiley

3) Action was on a player and he said "pot". Obviously this is nonsense in no limit. But the dealer didn't know how to handle it. So she called the floor. Fair enough. The ruling though... the player is made to check. Eh? He clearly intended to bet. Why is he being made to check? Ruling should be "you can't bet the pot as we can't count it. please pick a number". He definitely shouldn't be made to check. Could easily be used as an angle shoot too. If I want to see a free card I can just say "pot" knowing it looks like I want to bet big but I'll be made to check.

4) Dealer deals flop before big blind has checked. The flop is pulled away but the turn and river are dealt face down. The flop is then reshuffled and dealed. I don't like this. The whole board should be reshuffled. I don't care about "preserving the integrity" of what would come. They're just random cards. But in this situation they're no longer random cards. They're cards that are specifically not one of the 3 cards we have just seen. Now all players have this information but it's going to change the dynamic of the hand and that isn't on. Also, one of the reasons we have burn cards is so if cards are marked we can't see them before they're dealt. Placing the turn/river face down on the table completely negates this fact.

Hopefully that doesn't come across as my usual moaning Smiley

Only a few things? Will wonders never cease? Smiley
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »

Yeah stu likes to snuggle in close to his fellow table mates

0/1 for you guy

1/ I hate 10 handed tables, makes me want to die
2/ I like lots of chips too, apart from i bet 12,000 using all 25's people, they make me want to die
3/ Pot pot pot pot pot pot pot pot pot pot pot pot
4/ Think it makes perfect sense to retain the integrity of the board, more fun than just reshuffling.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 04:06:54 PM »

Rule 3 is madness.

Hope they don't get anyone playing with tourettes.

Apparently if you say a random word which has no meaning at all in nlhe you're forced to check.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »

When they had dead stacks on Saturdays 7pm Day 1, they didnt deal to them or remove chips. They eventually put late entrants in as you had until 10.15pm to join or re-enter. Not sure why they would reduce a dead stack to 6000 then remove it?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 04:17:01 PM »

When they had dead stacks on Saturdays 7pm Day 1, they didnt deal to them or remove chips. They eventually put late entrants in as you had until 10.15pm to join or re-enter. Not sure why they would reduce a dead stack to 6000 then remove it?

It was paid for. The person just didn't turn up.

Blue text
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 04:28:05 PM »

It was paid for. The person just didn't turn up.

Not sure why it was removed then!

Didn't get moved to BB on another table?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 04:47:15 PM »

Agree with everything, both rulings wrong, Balla stacks ftw. DTD never has 10handed tables cos they know what a pain they are. I'm sure there was a very good reason for doing so.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: