blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:03:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  EPT London- SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT London- SOLD OUT  (Read 16233 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2011, 01:22:40 PM »

I also think 1.2 is a bit steep. What do you think your edge is in a £5k EPT event jam packed with top name pro's and EPT/Bracelet winners ?

Are you looking to invest? Or flaming for the sake of it?

Seriously guys- the price is there. I think I'm worth it. If you do please buy- if you don't please leave this thread to rot.

I thought Jambo's question was perfectly fair.

Didn't look like flaming at all but I may be wrong.

Out of interest George if this comp were to run to infinity what do you think your return would be?

Do you think it's exactly 1.2 or do you think it's more like 1.4 and you're giving up some of your edge to the backers?

I know you don't particularly want to discuss it but unfortunately in your case it's worth discussing.

Some people obviously shouldn't be marking up but you have the potential to based purely on past results so there's actually an interesting debate to be had.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2011, 01:28:10 PM »

You're going to have to excuse me because I'm not going to be able to give you an exact roi.

Yes the field is going to be packed with a lot of good players. I also think it's going to have it's fair share of value though in terms of qualifiers/London businessman/some amatuers

It's a deep structure with a good clock and a huge first prize. I probably am charging up to the limit in terms of what I feel I'm worth and not giving much back to my backers hence the offer of the free roll.

I think the offer of rolling over %s to the EPT grand final is a fair one too. OK the likelhood of winning is not high but I know that many would stipulate that only gross cashes count and not the added extra of a grand final seat.

I apologise if I came across as brash jambo. I think people have heard this debate many times over on live tournament staking on all sorts of different threads. I have a good track record in live comps which I think is important- not at this level no, but it still shows I can play the live pokers.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2011, 01:32:09 PM »

If George's markup sells then it's set right.

If you look through the staking boards I'm sure you'll find lonely, orphan, staking requests with no replies where the offer was not attractive enough.

If you think George isn't value then at least on this thread you now have a list of people who you think will pay over the odds for pieces, which could be handy in any staking requests you make.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2011, 01:32:45 PM »

Does that go for everything?

Say for example someone comes on offering tickets to an advent but they are charging way over the correct price am i supposed to sit here and let my fellow forum users get done over or should i speak up as part of the community?

Do you really think I'm doing people over at that price? I don't believe I'm ripping people off. I have offered part of the mark up back in some sort of form. It's not guaranteed but is something.

I was using it as an example George that's all.

I genuinely believe that you are not going to show a return over 20% in this field, as such imo it's a bad 'investment' i though feel its a great punt and if i were the kind of person who played roulette, craps or backed Brent then i would get on board.

What do you think would be the spread of returns in this field Flushy?

The potential lowest is -100% and highest somewhere around 10000%

If it was played to infinity what do you think would be the highest possible roi and also the lowest?

Obviously George is somewhere in the middle but is he really that far behind the best and not far enough ahead of the worst to be less than 1.2?

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2011, 01:36:22 PM »

Does that go for everything?

Say for example someone comes on offering tickets to an advent but they are charging way over the correct price am i supposed to sit here and let my fellow forum users get done over or should i speak up as part of the community?

Do you really think I'm doing people over at that price? I don't believe I'm ripping people off. I have offered part of the mark up back in some sort of form. It's not guaranteed but is something.

I was using it as an example George that's all.

I genuinely believe that you are not going to show a return over 20% in this field, as such imo it's a bad 'investment' i though feel its a great punt and if i were the kind of person who played roulette, craps or backed Brent then i would get on board.

What do you think would be the spread of returns in this field Flushy?

The potential lowest is -100% and highest somewhere around 10000%

If it was played to infinity what do you think would be the highest possible roi and also the lowest?

Obviously George is somewhere in the middle but is he really that far behind the best and not far enough ahead of the worst to be less than 1.2?

Remember, in a spread of returns in a single tourney, 90% of players will have -100%.

In the long run 'somewhere in the middle' is 1.0
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 24, 2011, 01:36:37 PM »

last year there was 848 runners, and first place has 10.6keuro added- £9500ish-

added value works out £11.20 per player or 11.2 pence per %- even if u was the best player in the field the added value would still be less than 30 pence per %

Nothing to do with the 1.2 markup but using the argument that the above is an incentive seems silly
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 24, 2011, 01:50:20 PM »

Will add if George thinks he is worth 1.33-1 (assume thats somewhat in line if its 1.2 here) in UKIPT, add that offer and if u buy 5% you gain £13.30s equity there, plus the £0.67 from Grand Final seat- so it actually works out you are buying at 1.1428- which is obviously a decent amount less than 1.2

This also means the UKIPT offer is worth about 20x more than the EPT grand final seat offer

George should probably add this information to the OP so people can see that if u buy 5%+ u effectively are buying at 1.14 not 1.2

« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:55:36 PM by Dubai » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »

For the record, I do not think there has been any flaming, or inappropriate comment. In fact, it's one of the most interesting Staking Threads I've seen for the debate alone.

It's clear that the buyers have paid a "full price", but they did so with open eyes, & I'm not entirely sure that the exact price is quite as relevant as normal, as the implied odds in this case change the dynamic - see Evil Pie's comment.

Must be a finely balanced range to get the price "just so". To those who think the price is high, not arguing, but what would a "fair price" be, do you think? 1.1? Less? More?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 24, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »

Will add if George thinks he is worth 1.33-1 (assume thats somewhat in line if its 1.2 here) in UKIPT, add that offer and if u buy 5% you gain £13.30s equity there, plus the £0.67 from Grand Final seat- so it actually works out you are buying at 1.1428- which is obviously a decent amount less than 1.2

George should probably add this information to the OP so people can see that if u buy 5%+ u effectively are buying at 1.14 not 1.2

So if I purchased exactly 5%, I need shooting? Bugger.

Might ask him to up it to 5.1% then......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 24, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »

I assume he meant 5% or more. If not its correct to buy 5.1%, as its costs u £5.25 more but u gain £14.24 in equity- therefore making u equity profit of £8.99 for buying 0.1% more
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »

Lol. Beat me to it. Was just about to post asking George to clarify if 5% qualified.

I know it's pedantic but best to be clear up front.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 24, 2011, 02:02:06 PM »

Lol. Beat me to it. Was just about to post asking George to clarify if 5% qualified.

There is no misunderstanding, Matt, his OP clearly said.....

anyone buying more than 5%

I guess if I wanted the freebie part, then I'd just have to say to him "sell me 5.1%", or even 6%.

I'm not sure I understand the maths of all this, but Dubai's Post put it in perspective for me. Originally I was not fussed about the freebie, but as explained, it makes a bit of difference I guess.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 24, 2011, 02:03:46 PM »

There is no misunderstanding, Matt, his OP clearly said.....

anyone buying more than 5%

I guess if I wanted the freebie part, then I'd just have to say to him "sell me 5.1%", or even 6%.

Well fortunately I haven't bought anything yet so I've got a pretty good get out clause.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 02:04:19 PM »

I assume he meant 5% or more. If not its correct to buy 5.1%, as its costs u £5.25 more but u gain £14.24 in equity- therefore making u equity profit of £8.99 for buying 0.1% more

Wiiii

Knew that one day, eventually, I'd secure a bargain.....

So, I got a bad price on my £315, but a well good deal for my £5.25. I run good.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 02:06:04 PM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 02:07:02 PM »

sorry costs u £6.30 more, forgot markup on 0.1%- u just lost 80pence in equity. Apologies Smiley

Lol, are you winding me up?!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: