blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:30:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  EPT London- SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: EPT London- SOLD OUT  (Read 16274 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 12:19:22 PM »

Also, what would be the ethical position as to the original staker & stakee if such a deal were done? Say, for example, I sold half my 5%, could or would George have any reason to be miffed?

imo, you have paid for your 5% and it is completely your's to do with as you wish. Surely no stakee would be bothered either way?

toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, 12:21:31 PM »

Is my 5% booked mate ?
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »

Is my 5% booked mate ?

Yes mate booked

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2011, 12:40:55 PM »

I'd like to ask a theoretical question, almost "ethics" really.

Theoretical, because at these numbers, the maths probably don't work very well, but....

Assume for the moment I have 5% of George, which I purchased at 1.2.

If he runs good on Day One, & makes Day Two with, say, 25% above average chips, what is the 1.2 now worth, if I could find a willing buyer? Same question with average chips, or with double average chips?

Is there already business done like this by anyone?

I'm not sure I'd ever sell any action I owned in a player if he looked like getting a big bink, but buyers would presumably be plentiful if the price were right?

Also, what would be the ethical position as to the original staker & stakee if such a deal were done? Say, for example, I sold half my 5%, could or would George have any reason to be miffed?

I'm a buyer not a seller, but I'm just curious, & I hope George does not mind me semi-hijacking his Thread. (If so, I'll split it off).

IMO it'd be fine. Just tell me who you're selling to at 1.5 so I can have a chat with them Cheesy

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2011, 12:41:58 PM »

OP amended with %'s sold so far

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2011, 12:42:12 PM »

If you put up a staking thread be prepared to be asked questions about the markup you charge, if you don't like this then don't start a thread, simples.

I personally feel the markup is too high, I had made a choice not to comment as i felt like George won't lower it even if i did but it is deffo my right to ask once he posts it on here.

i disagree, geroge came on, said what he thohght he was worth then gave sufficient back up including hendon mob etc.

If somebody said, hey i want backing for ept, im charging 1.2, then fair enough, but i think it was more than detailed enough and people posting "you're not worth it" or things similar can only have a negative impact and 99/100 they dont invest so if thye have a problem keep it off the thread.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2011, 12:45:33 PM »

Does that go for everything?

Say for example someone comes on offering tickets to an advent but they are charging way over the correct price am i supposed to sit here and let my fellow forum users get done over or should i speak up as part of the community?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2011, 12:46:08 PM »

I'd like to ask a theoretical question, almost "ethics" really.

Theoretical, because at these numbers, the maths probably don't work very well, but....

Assume for the moment I have 5% of George, which I purchased at 1.2.

If he runs good on Day One, & makes Day Two with, say, 25% above average chips, what is the 1.2 now worth, if I could find a willing buyer? Same question with average chips, or with double average chips?

Is there already business done like this by anyone?

I'm not sure I'd ever sell any action I owned in a player if he looked like getting a big bink, but buyers would presumably be plentiful if the price were right?

I'm a buyer not a seller, but I'm just curious, & I hope George does not mind me semi-hijacking his Thread. (If so, I'll split it off).

IMO it'd be fine. Just tell me who you're selling to at 1.5 so I can have a chat with them Cheesy

Lol, rumbled! I SO wanna be able to sell it on to Matt Russell or Flushy @ 1.5.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2011, 12:47:12 PM »

Say for example someone comes on offering tickets to an advent but they are charging way over the correct price am i supposed to sit here and let my fellow forum users get done over or should i speak up as part of the community?

Thiu, just so long as it's done constructively, & not rudely, imo.

Psst - wanna buy 5% @ 1.5?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 24, 2011, 12:49:01 PM »

Ever bought a bottle in a Vegas nightclub? Cheesy

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 24, 2011, 12:52:30 PM »

Do you really think I'm doing people over at that price? I don't believe I'm ripping people off. I have offered part of the mark up back in some sort of form. It's not guaranteed but is something.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 24, 2011, 12:57:33 PM »

I thought the price was fair given the freerolls your potentially handing out... Not to mention the amount of people that charge markup for the sake of it nowadays, i don't think 1.2 is unreasonable for you to ask
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2011, 01:13:44 PM »

Fwiw the freeroll meant nothing in my considering whether or not to buy.

Also I think 1.2 is pretty high. George maybe has an edge of 1.2 but by charging 1.2 he's keeping it all for himself.

However, I see this as a gamble with a potential big return from a player who is capable of winning big comps so I feel as though I have good value for my money.

If the prizes were different I wouldn't have even considered this but if I have the potential of increasing my £300 to £30k+ it's well worth a punt.

Good luck George!!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
jambo22

Me and my boys in Vegas for the 2007 main event

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2011, 01:14:23 PM »

If you put up a staking thread be prepared to be asked questions about the markup you charge, if you don't like this then don't start a thread, simples.

I personally feel the markup is too high, I had made a choice not to comment as i felt like George won't lower it even if i did but it is deffo my right to ask once he posts it on here.

Flushy- had you asked, I may have given you an answer as you're a potential investor.

I feel that others are asking for the sake of it even if they're not interested.

And you're right. The rate stays- shame I can't get any of your lucky $$$ at 1.2 but will solider on regardless Smiley

I thought I asked a fair and simple question before making a decision on investing, but it seems not. It would have been for a very small % anyway so no great loss for you George. GL with the staking and the tourney if you play.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:19:27 PM by jambo22 » Logged

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2011, 01:15:46 PM »

Do you really think I'm doing people over at that price? I don't believe I'm ripping people off. I have offered part of the mark up back in some sort of form. It's not guaranteed but is something.

I was using it as an example George that's all.

I genuinely believe that you are not going to show a return over 20% in this field, as such imo it's a bad 'investment' i though feel its a great punt and if i were the kind of person who played roulette, craps or backed Brent then i would get on board.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: