blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 10:32:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273067 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Rugby World Cup
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rugby World Cup  (Read 34788 times)
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2011, 01:02:41 AM »

Nothing to worry about. The aim is to peak for the final.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2011, 07:52:25 AM »

Been a sweet tourno so far - bookies seem to massively over estimate the difference between the top teams and the "whipping boys". Aussie game was 6th fave in a row to fail to cover the handicap, with Ireland not looking great to cover theirs.

Easy money so far, although SA game looks about right so might swerve that one.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2011, 09:37:09 AM »

Nooor over slept and didn't get on SA -31 at 8's. Early try would have been just what I wanted.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2011, 10:03:30 AM »

Nooor over slept and didn't get on SA -31 at 8's. Early try would have been just what I wanted.

You got lucky oversleeping here, Wales might well win let alone -31, not giving Hook's kick is ridiculous though and wtf were the commentators talking about watching the replay.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2011, 10:36:07 AM »

You got lucky oversleeping here, Wales might well win let alone -31, not giving Hook's kick is ridiculous though and wtf were the commentators talking about watching the replay.
Yeh you're right. Winding up my welsh housemate was the thinking behind it.
At first look the kick looked good. 2nd look it looked good but looked to be going over the post at one point.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2011, 10:45:40 AM »

G
over slept and didn't get on SA -31 at 8's.

Nice brag. Welsh well on top at the moment

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2011, 11:37:20 AM »

Wales look great and for the first time ever phenomenally fit, no slip ups against Fiji/Samoa and we can give Australia plenty to worry about in the quarter finals. Never like to whinge about officials and in general I thought Wayne Barnes was excellent, Hook's penalty in the first half very clearly went through the posts though.
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »

Yeh you're right. Winding up my welsh housemate was the thinking behind it.
At first look the kick looked good. 2nd look it looked good but looked to be going over the post at one point.
Yeah I thought that to but put it down to just having woke up and still drunk, it was pretty much in the Middle of the Posts.
Was the England game not played under the Roof?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2011, 09:18:11 PM »

Wales look great and for the first time ever phenomenally fit, no slip ups against Fiji/Samoa and we can give Australia plenty to worry about in the quarter finals. Never like to whinge about officials and in general I thought Wayne Barnes was excellent, Hook's penalty in the first half very clearly went through the posts though.

I don't think you could really tell at what point it crossed over the post. The ball was just about inside at one point but it may well have already past over the post by then, inconclusive imo.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »

I don't think you could really tell at what point it crossed over the post. The ball was just about inside at one point but it may well have already past over the post by then, inconclusive imo.

I do still think it went through but agree on reflection that it's not totally clear cut. It's the first time in years I've got really really excited by a sporting event, possibly allowed that to affect my judgement. Not really sure why but for some reason that game took me back to being a kid when sport was the most important thing in the world,a golden age before women, money, poker and booze started to get in the way.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2011, 10:03:12 PM »

I do still think it went through but agree on reflection that it's not totally clear cut. It's the first time in years I've got really really excited by a sporting event, possibly allowed that to affect my judgement. Not really sure why but for some reason that game took me back to being a kid when sport was the most important thing in the world,a golden age before women, money, poker and booze started to get in the way.

Yeah even I was rooting for Wales  Grin
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2011, 09:37:58 PM »

Well after an absolute party so far with the under rated "unknown" teams cruising to handicap wins in 10/11 games we have a matchup of two lower ranked teams tomorrow morning.

For me this all points to a USA victory.  For a start they have beaten Russia already earlier this year (although only by one score) but more importantly they put in a great performance against Ireland and confidence will be sky high.  This is Russia's also first game of the tournament so they won't be as sharp.  Obviously there is a bit of added spice for any USA v Russia encounter but I think this one will go to form still.

I'll be backing USA -6pts with Stan James @ 5/6 as it is much better value that the 8-10 supremacy quote offered by Sporting Index.

Ordinarily I'd also fancy the match to be fairly high scoring but it is due to be pissing it down I believe.  The 37.5pts line offered by Ladbrokes looks plenty low enough though (5/6 each side) so will probably have a bit of that as well.  Most other firms have the line around 40 or higher.

Good luck!

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »

Well after an absolute party so far with the under rated "unknown" teams cruising to handicap wins in 10/11 games we have a matchup of two lower ranked teams tomorrow morning.

For me this all points to a USA victory.  For a start they have beaten Russia already earlier this year (although only by one score) but more importantly they put in a great performance against Ireland and confidence will be sky high.  This is Russia's also first game of the tournament so they won't be as sharp.  Obviously there is a bit of added spice for any USA v Russia encounter but I think this one will go to form still.

I'll be backing USA -6pts with Stan James @ 5/6 as it is much better value that the 8-10 supremacy quote offered by Sporting Index.

Ordinarily I'd also fancy the match to be fairly high scoring but it is due to be pissing it down I believe.  The 37.5pts line offered by Ladbrokes looks plenty low enough though (5/6 each side) so will probably have a bit of that as well.  Most other firms have the line around 40 or higher.

Good luck!
What was the 1/11 that was over the Handicap?
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »

Samoa against Namibia
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 15, 2011, 12:13:19 AM »

WTF at Andy Robinson and some of the Scotland players saying they thought they played well v Georgia. They actually seem pleased with that scoreline/performance.  Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: