blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:14:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  European Deepstack Championships Package Sold Out
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: European Deepstack Championships Package Sold Out  (Read 3324 times)
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 04:49:21 PM »

No % her but awesome tr gl in the sides.

Other amazing post itt comes from TK I can't be there this weekend, or play it, so I have a nice bit of interest instead now, which suits me fine & is probably more +ev than playing myself.....

Cheesy

Ty ty, think you are too kind though, i said like like 63 times! Agree Tk's post is impressive though, def made me chuckle.

Am going to do a proper write up on everything now i'm back home-but here's some cliffs.

Busted both sides i'm afraid people, 300 i was massssssssive but lost a huge pot with 22 left to the guy who went and won the comp, basically my kk lost to a pair+fd in an interesting pot.

200 wasn't my finest performance of all time and i feel a little guilty over my play in this-might even freeroll the investors percentage in this in another 200 comp sometime-def feel a bit bad about basically losing concentration.

Best leave it at that 4 now as got some sleep, online grind, emails etc to catch up on-boy having no internet in my hotel sucked.

Detailed reports to follow tmrw.

Dom

Ps- Sorry peeps.

Sad

Don't be ridiculous about the freeroll.....I know how you feel as I felt the same after one of the tournes in Vegas when I was garbage, but its going to happen.

Ul and thanks for the updates
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 03:36:56 PM »

Cheers Claypole, still think i shld offer something bk, maybe i'll just let any1 who bought in this buy at face in next thread or something....if there is one-getting sick of live pokers and meh variance.

Anyway i promised a full report, and although the alcohol, selected memory and basically time may have dulled the recollection-here's what i remember from the 3 comps.

£550 Main Event

My starting table was truely wonderful. Bar 1 young live cash game pro, the table was cod infested. The player on my immed right was an absolute beaut, he kept on about potentially meeting 'pros' over the wknd, hoping the likes of boree and banzi might be there. When he limp called oop with 94std in level 1 i knew we could have some fun. I isolated his limps blind for about the first 2/3 levels, only 1 player seemed to pick up on this and play back at me, so of course knowing that he knew i'd 4 bet lighter too, worked a bit, didn't a bit.

There were a couple of old boys that would only ever check call/fold from the blinds paying constant interest payments to my stack as i opened with aplomb from late position. Such a structure was truely mouth watering when compared with the average player who thought floating belonged in the swimming pool and that raising light was something from a weights section in the gym.

So really there should have been no excuse not to abc it v the fish and leave the one decent player alone without getting into anything levelly early on, course i cldnt resist this as fps reared it's ugly head and i must have done half my stack attempting to stack/level/outplay-basically spew off to the shark on the table with all sorts of meh hands.

A player that read his own cards as the only importance- rather than considering my range, doubled me up anyway when i flopped trips from the blind, hoping i'd look tilty from prev spazz offs my oppo didn't disappoint and we entered the world of hindsight poker as the whole table announced my trips were face up and they thought i'd been playing a house. Beautiful world this hindsight game i thought, rather tilting but super smoking indeed.

From now onwards my stack only went north as i played pot after pot with the fish just keeping pots small with position etc etc, finally disregarding the only other threat on the table. Easing my stack up to 100k when the average was like 70k i felt very comfortable with so much play and over 150bbs easily.

Then we got a new addition to our table on my immediate left, an unpredictable known female member on here. I knew we'd clash, i just wldnt be able to help myself. So when she 3b from the small blind i 4bet light and she 5b me with cards i cld only imagine the state of, she def appeared on tilt from a prev table altercation. But hey i covered and i'd trap here, or outplay here, or just get lucky. Stupid really as so many soft spots to exploit, why pick on those who can play and have position?

Eventually a hand transpired when female villain more or less min raised utg and was called in two spots including myself in the bb with 109o. She had about 100bbs and i had 150 or so. The flop came q66 with 2 clubs-i had none and i was done with the hand. Hmmmm, actually i can rep a bit here, so when the fish passed i check raised and she dwell called. The turn brought a brick middling card and i donked 2/3 pot-meaning i cld just about pot bet/get her stack in on most rivers. She tank called and we came along to the river. I didn't feel she had much here, and thought she was going for a policeman line and would pray i'd check most rivers. The river came another brick like a deuce no club and i ov bet the pot allowing the dealer to get the bet wrong-sweet, she actually didn't take too long before calling with Ac10d. The table erupted like they'd never seen a play ilke that before, oh if only i had that deuce.Smiley  Still don't mind my line and would do it again on the right occasion, we can't always have it can we, must balance that super smoky hindsight range.

Anyway i cooled off and nitted up my newly acquired 50bb stack and barely played a hand for an hour or so, obv the lady player and the young kid started playing most hands and dividing the spoils between them and the fish got poorer, altho every now and then some1 wld get a hand and the aforementioned duo would lose a little, if not a lot. I managed to drip down before winning a flip against the young cash game pro, and after getting a bit back also from the female shark our table was broken and i was on about 100bbs again.

The new table actually looked weaker and i coasted along if not really able to exploit all that much due to cards and racks racking. Funny hand occurred when i 3b the button with akstd, i was 4bet by a competent player and a similar stack to mine, i 5bet and we got it in when he 6bet. Everyone on the table looked aghast when we both turned over ak and one player in particular amused me. "It has to be AA and KK right? Wtf are they doing? I'm folding queens there and not even considering ak"-wiiiiiiiiii-nice info. Of course if i'm playing an unknown type with 100bbs i'd most likely play the hand a little differently, although i doubt hugely so on the penultimate level of the night. The aghast player in this hand was so com when he told me he was sponsored and that i'd made a bad play there-cos he's a pro and he knows, i chuckled inside pretty hard.

Unfort last level of the day went a little messy and i'd only go back the next day with 38bbs, but still it was a playable stack and v these players i cldnt really fail surely? Equity spewers, nitrollers, limp callers, positional monkeys of a type that one could only dream of, in such structures really Dom-ABC it some more. I've already mentioned the hand on day 2 when i busted itt, but basically i mistook the chip leader for a lag type that was capable of playing too wide, he wasn't and 30bbs and kq got squashed by a nitrolled ak.

I'll post the 300 and 200 reports tmrw, right now i gotta get counseling over my fancy play syndrome that gets far too out of control, kinda annoying when you feel your edge is so large, small pot it bar with monsters and exploit the weak right?  Simples! Smiley
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2011, 04:24:52 PM »

£300 and £200 Side Events

So post busting the main event early on day 2 I had a large window in the afternoon with nothing to do. I wandered up to broad street and watched an illegal sat feed for the villa newcastle game while paying £4.25 for a pint of peroni in birmingham-fosters ftw.

Went to the bookies only to lose money backing nags that ran worse than i have been recently. Getting chased for money by a drug induced tramp outside as i left was an experience i could have done without, altho i was tempted to ask them for a loan myself.

Still way too early for the 7pm comp i thought i'd try my luck in the cash games. Only lost a nifty but reminded me why i rarely play live cash bar v drunk peeps. Not that i shldnt learn cash more, but i'm def a tournie player in my heart and soul-cheesy ref number 16.

So onto the tournie and enough of dull dom's life of woe. The 300 field was softer than a persil softner could ever imagine. In the first few levels i had to bite my tongue at some of the plays i saw, i just nitted up and waited.

Soon enough i'd ko'd about 3 ppl that had no idea of hand strength nor betting patterns even though on at least one occasion i'm sure the rather attractive waitress leaned over towards the table screaming at my oppo that i had the nuts, but that could have been a mirage or something.

So coasting along with a smooth clock i arrived on a new table which looked a little tougher-if only because i recognised 2 pros. Bar these guys it was a persil softener special  however with limping galore. These sardines wldnt fold to iso's so i waited for some spots. Finally with about 75bbs i isolated 2 limpers with KK in mid pos. The pro in the big blind dwell called-he covered by a little- and both fish peeled.  The flop came down 986 with 2 spades and i had red cowboys.  First limper ojammed the pot for like 20bbs-had a8 lol- and his accomplice folded, i iso jammed and big blind tank called with q9ss. He requested the king of spades and was instantly serviced and with a river brick he was handed 20% of the comp chips in play while i just got my p45. At least he went and won it i guess.

Drowned sorrows in bar afterwards and the hangover on sunday morning wasn't sweet. Still was ready for action at 2pm in the afternoon for the 200 and felt raring to go. But i just could not get started at all. I had one or 2 aggro types on my right and i just cldnt get the right tone set for my game. Was just one of those days but i was still distinctively unhappy with my exit. After a pretty card dead few hours and no great spots i found myself with 12bbs.  When 399 ppl limped into my big blind i decided to jam atc-horrrrrrrrid. With 57 being mass dominated by 77 i felt a little sick as i departed. Concentration and playing +ev ignored for a moment and i felt guilty to investors and mainly ashamed at spewing off.

Anyway i soon headed to the bar getting involved in pizzagate and then hit the town with a cple of legends to reflect over a failed weekend, played pretty great for 90% of the time-just that 10% can be so vital. Hope you've enjoyed the updates, any comments/questions let me know-thoughts always appreciated. Smiley

Laters peeps,

Sorry again for the nil points.

Dom
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2011, 05:58:09 PM »

lol, great TR's Dom!

Next time, eh?, & I'm a long-term investor, so just let me know, & we'll dance again.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2011, 12:44:08 PM »

will u please, get in tocuh in future fishay!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: