blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272646 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Dale Farm evictions
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dale Farm evictions  (Read 5294 times)
doogan

View Profile
« on: September 19, 2011, 12:10:21 PM »

It's taking up a huge portion of the news today, what's anyone's thoughts on this. 

Regardless of peoples thoughts on Travellers /Gypsy's some of  these people have broken the laws and that needs to be rectified I believe but it should never of been allowed to carry on for 10 years.

http://news.sky.com/home/article/16072489

<--------------- prick
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 12:30:50 PM »

I preferred it back before they changed the name, when it was Emmerdale Farm.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 12:53:09 PM »

are they doing this so they can get rid of loads of the characters and bring new ones in like when they had that plane crash?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 01:06:25 PM »

Dunno why they didnt just apply for planning permission properly and accept the result if they were knocked back.  Buying  land that has planning permission in the first place was probably the best idea. I'm not for allowing anyone to try and buy land on the cheap and then start putting buildings on it illegally, that's one hell of a slippery slope.

Sad for them, but they still gotta obey the law like the rest of us.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:11:51 PM by Woodsey » Logged
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 01:40:49 PM »

I guess it has to happen but I'd rather it did so without the Daily Mail half of the country watching on and masturbating over their television sets.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »

Dunno why they didnt just apply for planning permission properly and accept the result if they were knocked back.  Buying  land that has planning permission in the first place was probably the best idea. I'm not for allowing anyone to try and buy land on the cheap and then start putting buildings on it illegally, that's one hell of a slippery slope.

half of them have got planning permission - it doesn't exactly look overcrowded and the site was already a concrete yard so I think the question is why weren't the rest granted it?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 03:41:25 PM »

half of them have got planning permission - it doesn't exactly look overcrowded and the site was already a concrete yard so I think the question is why weren't the rest granted it?

Dunno. Guess it got to the point where they were taking the piss, but I'm sure someone will have a better answer for you.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »

because its green field

developers would have  a field day with expensive planning advisors if they gave permission to this

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »

People who live on parts of the site that are authorised by the council have to pay coucil tax/rental fees, those who have been living on the land without permission have clearly not been paying and should rightly be evicted.

Liked John Baron's quote:

John Baron, MP for Basildon and Billericay, said he fully supported the council's decision to go ahead with evictions today.

"I believe we have the moral high ground; everybody has to obey the rules," he said. "People talk about human rights for minorities, but what we shouldn't forget is that the majority have human rights too and we are putting that into practice."

it's obv not nice to be booted out, but having the cheek to call it their homes, their land and saying they are losing out the money they have put into it, is a joke.

I think the country should be more worried about the 36,300 home reposessions that occurred in 2010. Many of which had paid years of mortgages, council tax etc, etc and then get shafted due to the shit state of our country's economy.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2011, 04:27:06 PM »

I think the country should be more worried about the 36,300 home reposessions that occurred in 2010. Many of which had paid years of mortgages, council tax etc, etc and then get shafted due to the shit state of our country's economy.

Struggling with this, any general examples?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2011, 04:28:29 PM »

because its green field

developers would have  a field day with expensive planning advisors if they gave permission to this

The half with planning permission is also green belt; if none of them had planning permission it wouldn't seem so odd
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 08:09:40 PM by Jon MW » Logged

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »

A good example is the last government over spending on the Military budget with redic campaigns all over the gaff, then this term cutting 12,000 personnel or whatever the exact figure is. These people have worked, paying council tax, rent or mortgages then depending on when they signed on the dotted line dictating which redundancy package they get. Some of this is enough to support a family for a few months, but many of these are struggling to gain further employment. Apparently the number of ex military in prison has sharply increased as well, numerous factories which have supported generations of families in the Midlands have been shut down as it is more economically viable to outsource from abroard.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:05 PM »

because its green field

developers would have  a field day with expensive planning advisors if they gave permission to this

The half with planning permission is also green field; if none of them had planning permission it wouldn't seem so odd

i dont know enough of the facts to the case to give a full opinion - but im with the council if its green belt and they have developed with permission

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »

A good example is the last government over spending on the Military budget with redic campaigns all over the gaff, then this term cutting 12,000 personnel or whatever the exact figure is. These people have worked, paying council tax, rent or mortgages then depending on when they signed on the dotted line dictating which redundancy package they get. Some of this is enough to support a family for a few months, but many of these are struggling to gain further employment. Apparently the number of ex military in prison has sharply increased as well, numerous factories which have supported generations of families in the Midlands have been shut down as it is more economically viable to outsource from abroard.

Would the struggle to gain further employment be partly due to them believing certain jobs are beneath them?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2011, 12:40:23 PM »

Would the struggle to gain further employment be partly due to them believing certain jobs are beneath them?

Highly doubt that, it will be down to the lack of jobs available... lack of funding for further training etc. in this day and age people are happy/willing to do anything to get them and their families by imo. Its not just forces but many NHS staff and civil servants have undergone cuts. Good majority of the public sector. Why so cynical? You think the economy is in a great state and the future is rosie? or because you are doing well then there is no reason everyone else shouldn't be? Don't get your line here

Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: