blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:05:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  MMA Thread/Betting
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA Thread/Betting  (Read 210747 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 16, 2013, 02:16:13 PM »

Any picks for Saturday's card?

Chael to beat Shogun convincingly
Travis Brown to beat Overeem
Faber to beat Alcantara
Pyle to beat Brown
Hall to beat Howard
Lauzon to beat Johnson
Macdonald to beat Pickett
McGregor to beat Holloway
Brown to beat Siler
Brandao to beat Pineda
Miller to beat Gamburyan
St Preux to beat Donovan
Nijem to beat Vick

Made all those predictions before checking odds.
All are with the favourites except Miller, Pyle and Travis Browne.
accumulator time I reckon.

found £18 I didn't know in my Skybet account.
£3.70 on a 13 fold, paying £1215.46
£0.05 across 286 10 folds paying up to £1307.95

was tempted to swich from Mike Pyle to Mike Brown, but stuck with my first thought.

Doing my article research at the moment and it mostly consists of trying to find the best way to be with Lauzon.

Mike Pyle is the best of the underdogs and I think Siler is backable too.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 16, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

Hi mate,

I just bumped into this thread and whilst have enjoyed some MMA late at night at the end of a grind I have never followed it.  I assumed that this was like "MMA 26  the worlds end", or some such WWF  type title and that there would be some link to who's playing Smiley  times, form and off course details on railing Smiley  I Did a little search but couldn't find an obvious event going on this Saturday I assumed that there was an on going series of matches  or something ?.

Cheers

Steve
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 16, 2013, 03:05:59 PM »

So basically, MMA is the sport with the UFC being the pinnacle, the one MMA organisation everyone wants to fight in. They have numbered events like you mentioned, and it is UFC Fight Night 26 tomorrow evening, should be awesome.

I use sherdog.com for all the "form" etc that you are after. Here's a link to the fight card and from there you can click on each fight to see their records etc: http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-Fight-Night-26-Shogun-vs-Sonnen-29795

And here is their preview article: http://www.sherdog.com/news/articles/1/UFC-Fight-Night-26-Preview-54933

Should be kicking off at 3am Sat night/Sun morning.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 16, 2013, 03:12:53 PM »

That's  exactly what I wanted  TY, I sussed out that you guys were referring to "UFC Fight Night 26".

Cheers

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 16, 2013, 08:21:16 PM »

Got a new guy to rail now too!

Danaaaaa... 60Gs BABYYYY! Cheesy

scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 16, 2013, 09:08:29 PM »

haha, love McGregor
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 17, 2013, 03:48:43 PM »

Like I mentioned a few posts ago, wanted to get with Lauzon in the best way possible and I think the 10/11 to win by sub is the best bet. Also like 10/3 SotN given it would be for the record and it's his hometown etc.

Any other bets?

http://www.betpal.com/ufc-fight-night-26-betting-tips
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 17, 2013, 10:51:56 PM »

Like I mentioned a few posts ago, wanted to get with Lauzon in the best way possible and I think the 10/11 to win by sub is the best bet. Also like 10/3 SotN given it would be for the record and it's his hometown etc.

Any other bets?

Just got around to reading your article now, (very good read), obv going for the most degen bets and can't find 'Hall KO of the night' anywhere?

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 18, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »

Think Overeem smashes Brown
wp me, dunno wtf is wrong with Overeem.  Looked like he gassed stupidly fast and then just drops his hands and gets clipped

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 18, 2013, 10:36:20 AM »

Think Overeem smashes Brown
wp me, dunno wtf is wrong with Overeem.  Looked like he gassed stupidly fast and then just drops his hands and gets clipped

Pretty simple mate, didn't you see his last fight? No juice in him and less confidence. He's too muscled up to have great cardio without taking shit he shouldnt be taking.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 18, 2013, 10:50:33 AM »

Can we watch this any where?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 18, 2013, 02:59:13 PM »

Can we watch this any where?

Should be all up on here mate http://www.mma-core.com/

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 18, 2013, 03:12:34 PM »

Should thank Adam too for winning me a couple quid 

I couldn't find any of Scotty's bets last night for some reason, so just punted Adam's 4 on the main card as an acca

Chael to beat Shogun
Travis Brown to beat Overeem
Faber to beat Alcantara
Pyle to beat Brown

Obv that didn't work out with Pyle getting ironed out in 30 seconds, so I just went in again on the last 3

I saw the Faber fight (thought he was in trouble too for a second), fell asleep before the Overeem/Browne fight, and woke up just as Sonnen was doing the ringwalk.

I didn't see all of the fights, but from what I did see -

McDonald is mustard, and Pickett is going to have a massive headache!

McGregor is going to be around for a long time as was very impressive. He basically completely shut down a guy who previously had extremely high striking output figures.

Thought Michael Johnson looked a much improved fighter and a clear UD was on the money.

Uriah Hall was rather underwhelming again, his groundwork looked good, but would be nice to see him trying to spark people out again!

Brown just smashed Pyle up, so can't really say much about that Cheesy

Faber is just a boss, Alcantara must have thought he was in great shape, and then ends up getting smashed about for most of the fight!

Overeem can maybe feel a little aggrieved there, I have seen fights stopped quicker than that one last night. That said, he got what he deserved after floating around the ring like a doorman for the 2nd half of the round, and Browne rode the storm out well (thankfully)

Sonnen is just Sonnen <3
Didn't look up the result, went to bed and then downloaded the card this morning. Suffice to say I was thinking the bookies had made a mistake after a minute Cheesy

s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 18, 2013, 11:01:29 PM »

Im still confused at the Manny/Miller elbow incident....watched it back a few times and they look clean enough.

Manny then seems to milk it inbetween rounds and gets longer to recover, and then goes on to win a decision(must say i thought Cole won the fight)

Very odd.

Great card for bets as had Sonnen, Faber, Browne and Brown all to win. Smiley

Rumour is that Hall is getting the chop, which is mad to think after all the hype he had on TUF, seems that the spinning kick KO he dished out has stayed with him and he hasnt seemed the same fighter since....and to think people were tipping him to storm the division and take a title!

Gutted for Pickett, think he will become a gatekeeper for the Division and always be around the top 5/10 but never breakthrough (same as Bisping tbh)

Some interesting Match Ups to make off the back of this card.

Sonnen/Belfort (rumour has it)
Faber/MacDonald)
Brown vs a top 10 WW (Condit/Kampmann loser would be sick! Although i woulda loved Daley to come back and get Brown)

Co-Presenter of "In The Muck Poker" Podcast
Pointless Champion - Blonde 2013

Blogging at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.180
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2013, 01:35:22 PM »

Any other bets?

Just got around to reading your article now, (very good read), obv going for the most degen bets and can't find 'Hall KO of the night' anywhere?

Sorry mate, only just seen this. Binked the Pickett/McDonald FotN at 13/2 too. Had Siler too so article bets went well despite my big Lauzon punt going pear shaped.

Only on my phone, will give my event thoughts when on laptop.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 01:37:41 PM by scotty2hatty » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: