blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 01:25:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272921 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Coming out of the shadows
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Coming out of the shadows  (Read 36284 times)
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2012, 11:46:41 PM »

Well done! See you there
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 21, 2012, 06:50:16 PM »

Grand Prix day 2

DTD very generously rolled the clock back two levels. To 800/1600/200

I call a preflop raise with AQ from a kid that's raised three in a row. He leads the Ace high flop, I raise and commit myself. He shoves, I call, he flips AK over.
Queen on the turn. Unlucky young man. 

Real grind in session 2. Struggled to get anything going and was starting to worry about having to write a post about 12 big blinds. 
At 2000/4000 there was a 12k raise and 80k shove. I call with AK. Opener passes AK (allegedly) and I'm up against 8,8. Flopped the ace and I'm at 120k .

Short lived. 
Opened with 10,10
Call from button and BB
Flop A,9,A
Checked round. 
I fired at brick turn but got raised by button.

Down to 80k, payed two BBs in two hands due to table move, so back in shove mode. Ran AJ into AQ and no miracle this time.

166th for €100 
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 22, 2012, 04:49:02 PM »

was nice to say hello yesterday Adam sorry it was only a quick hello ...i was bubble boy......

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: January 22, 2012, 04:52:56 PM »

Just as well you didn't use this thread title when you had the guitar picture in your avatar.

The older I get, the better I was.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 23, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »

Long challenging week ahead.

I had a pay review that didn't go anywhere near as well as I'd hoped recently so it's a bit tense beyween myself and my directors.
I've had to make it very clear I'm actively seeking work.
That's going to make Tuesday - Thursday stood on a stand at Earls Court at the ICE exibition not a lot of fun.
I did have the option of not going, but if I'm looking for a move, I stand a better chance in my suit in London, than at my desk in Nottingham.

Then Friday and Saturday I've got a second exibition.
The London Affiliates Conference.
That one should be a lot more fun.
Black Tie awards ceremoy Thursday night, followed by two days of signing affiliate deals for a new poker calendar website I'm putting together with a partner.
Should be a roughly £5k freeroll on the Friday night too, so a chance of a bit of cash too.

More details on the project once all the deals are signed and the appropriate permissions are sought frm the Blonde brass Smiley
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2012, 02:52:48 PM »

Just as exhausting and challenging as I thought it would be.
Wasn't too tense on the stand with my bosses and I stayed professional.
Lots of pointless conversations with Italian cafe owners who wanted our games on their PC with no understanding of platforms, or guys with killer game ideas, but no software writing or graphic design skills but a water tight NDA.

This was interspersed with brief chats with pretty girls handing out leaflets or recruiters that might open a few doors for me.
Coincidentally, I did nip onto recruitment company- Hyperion Gaming's stand and was chatting to a guy who turned out to be Simon Trumpers son.
Small world.
He and his colleague confirmed the not insignificant gap between my salary and market value, so as it stands, I need to seriously consider a move.

The only thing holding me back is the London Affiliate Conference on Friday / Saturday.
The fun actually started with a Black Tie awards ceremony at The Brewery on the Thursday night.
All complimentary food and drink, Brazilian dancing girls, Miles Judd, AKA Archie the inventor from Balamorie presenting the awards and more people with more money that don't have "proper jobs" than I've ever seen.

This was followed by two days of very constructive meetings with Online card rooms about their live poker activity and satellites and affiliate deals to go with them.
It might be worth me sticking with my underpaid Project Management job and building up this new venture than taking a new job that will require a lot of focus.
Lots to consider.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2012, 03:13:22 PM »

So, this new website I've mentioned in passing a couple of time is called UKPokerCalendar.com
The focus is on providing a summary of all the main poker festivals and tours in the UK, plus a couple overseas.
The goal is to get online satellite players into some of the best medium to high buy in live events.
Where possible we'll be putting on our own satellites with extremely challenging guarantees, often with added value from the sponsor plus big freerolls with major event seats up for grabs.

The site's not finished yet. We've got to get all the banners and official graphics in place, and I've seen several typos and layout issues that need addressing.

However, I'd really appreciate any Blondes who have time to take a look at the site and give any feedback, either privately via PM, through the site's Contact Us section, or even just on this thread. Seriously, any feedback at all, however much / little detail would be very helpful.

Also, If you would like to sign up for the mailing list, we're planning to launch with a satellite with significant added value to a big UK event in early spring, and that will probably be exclusive to mailing list members.

There are some great long term plans, but getting off to the right start is the focus at the minute.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 03:15:32 PM by AdamM » Logged
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2012, 03:14:42 PM »

oh, and many thanks to Blonde for allowing me to post about a commercial venture here.
Hopefully it's that start of something that will add value to the forum Smiley
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2012, 04:29:02 PM »

Just had a quick look and already shared it on my facebook page for ya.  Seems a handy wee site already, but will have a proper look in the next day or so.  Good luck with it!

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2012, 06:03:14 PM »

thanks
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2012, 06:29:09 PM »

yes good luck with this Adam
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2012, 07:10:08 PM »

I think the site needs loads of work, as its not finished yet its difficult to critique.
Not sure about the colour scheme, needs a header. calendar layout seemed buggy (i am on a mac using safari) so make sure you test on all browsers etc.
As you said, their is still a lot of work to do.

Good luck.

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2012, 07:22:03 PM »

I took my dad for his first Dusk Till Dawn experience Saturday for his 65th birthday.
Only super 50, but that's a big step from his weekly £3 pub game.
Hoped to have more of a story, but he had KK and 10,10 lose in big pots and I had an any two player smash a couple of big hands and we were both out in level 2.
spent longer in the car than at the poker table.

Sad
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2012, 07:33:17 PM »

In terms of ukpokercalendar.com, we're almost finished developing the site.
All the pages are in place, the first couple of months events have been added to the calendar and we're working our way through a few bugs on the site.

What we really need to do now is grow our mailing list.
I'd really appreciate Blondes popping over to the site and signing up for the newsletter.
We expect to send the first one out in a couple of weeks and are negotiating some great freerolls and added value tournaments to get the ball rolling.

As I said before, some feedback, however detailed would be very welcome.
I only had the initial conversation with a poker buddy in late October, and nothing was really done before Christmas other than buying the domain name.
It's been a solid few weeks of late nights and full weekends, but I'm confident it'll be worth the effort.

Please tell your friends too.

Thanks all.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2012, 07:40:27 PM »

I've signed up for the newsletter there now, unfortunately I have just started work so can't have a proper look around the site atm but will do if I get 5 during the night.

Good luck with it all though and hope it works out for you.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: