blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:14:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Defining the terms of a bet
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Defining the terms of a bet  (Read 25628 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2011, 10:53:23 PM »

Can't remember the exact conversation but my understanding at the time was that it was unique entries

yeh, agreed keefus. you'd better not enter!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2011, 12:11:02 AM »

No matter if it's unique entries or re entries I still dont like your side of the bet.
Seems to me that most of the people who will play this are betting against Rob so may spite not play to win their bet without risking the buy in.
Would fully expect Rob to run 10 seats gtd satellites for the 6 nights before the comp tho Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Mondeoman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2011, 12:12:34 AM »

going to enter then unregister with 1 minute to go - muhahahaha
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2011, 09:50:19 AM »

No matter if it's unique entries or re entries I still dont like your side of the bet.
Seems to me that most of the people who will play this are betting against Rob so may spite not play to win their bet without risking the buy in.
Would fully expect Rob to run 10 seats gtd satellites for the 6 nights before the comp tho Wink

Live heads up tournaments are not particularly popular in the UK - hence why you never see them run really. Getting 64 runners for a 1k tournament in this format will be very difficult as it will usually have to be around a major tournament festival and even then people will most likely leave after they bust the main rather than stay for a heads up tournament.

I'm fully aware that Rob is a hard man to beat in a bet and will run several satellites - i just cant see this tournament being attractive to many people. Few fish will buy in because they'll be treading into shark infested waters.

@GreekStein on twitter.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2011, 10:02:30 AM »

Live heads up tournaments are not particularly popular in the UK - hence why you never see them run really. Getting 64 runners for a 1k tournament in this format will be very difficult as it will usually have to be around a major tournament festival and even then people will most likely leave after they bust the main rather than stay for a heads up tournament.

I'm fully aware that Rob is a hard man to beat in a bet and will run several satellites - i just cant see this tournament being attractive to many people. Few fish will buy in because they'll be treading into shark infested waters.

Actually like Greekys side in general, but would never want to bet against DTD and if I were actually betting against Rob, I would keep the wager low so he didn't give a shit (so under £100,000).

Last year the World Heads Up Championship, which used to be a very prestigious event, got 28 runners, the year before it got 49. The GUKPT heads up events got 16 and 8 respectively. These were all piggy backing on a bigger festival and a similar buy-in.

If Rob was incredibly passionate about making it happen, it will, but if this is just DTD trying something new and testing the waters, I like Amatay's butlers side.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »

how on earth can reentry work in a hu? I've been thinking about this for a while and my brain hurts

e.g.64 people enter so play the last 64. 32 get through to last 32, 32 go out. only one of the 32 that's knocked out reenters, he has no-one to play so presumably gets a bye.

there's now 33 people left so we're effectively back at the same round we started at and 2 people have to play another game to get through to the last 32 that they'd already qualified for

or maybe 3 reenter, 2 now play each other, one gets a bye and we're left with 34 runners so 4 people now have to play off to get 2 places in the last 32 that they'd already qualified for. it's just crazy

and how do we know what round is being played on 1a if there's 2 day ones?

just can't see how it can work, you need to close entry at the start time and do the draw, reentries are ridic

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
LFmagic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 03:11:26 AM »

We booked a bet for a 64 runner £1k buyin HU tournament to be held at dtd by the end of 2011, which Rob thought he could fill with the contacts from his phone address book iirc. HU tourneys don't have re-entry or whatnot, and the whole idea was that he'd have 64 players down all of which would attend the event on a set day. Hopefully he'll honour it/gamblers code etc. Time is ticking =)

LF

lfmagic.blogspot.co.uk
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 03:40:10 AM »

I'll lay Robs side at 3-1 if you wanna bet Jason - bearing in mind the bet expires on december 31st

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »

We booked a bet for a 64 runner £1k buyin HU tournament to be held at dtd by the end of 2011, which Rob thought he could fill with the contacts from his phone address book iirc. HU tourneys don't have re-entry or whatnot, and the whole idea was that he'd have 64 players down all of which would attend the event on a set day. Hopefully he'll honour it/gamblers code etc. Time is ticking =)

LF

How much did you book tho? It is important...
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2011, 12:20:39 PM »

LF

How much did you book tho? It is important...

IIrc Luke had 2k and Dan had 1k, when Rob was writing it in his phone he said 'I'll put you two down for 3k'. I don't know why he grouped Dan and Luke as though they were a couple lol - maybe because he doesn't know Luke as well as he knows Dan so it was a diplomatic/polite way of ensuring that Dan was responsible for Luke's 2k of action.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »

TBH, I like your side even with re-entries, bearing in mind it's November tomorrow.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2011, 02:18:06 PM »

TBH, I like your side even with re-entries, bearing in mind it's November tomorrow.

Dont' like their chances of getting paiiiiid though

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2011, 05:35:16 PM »

Dont' like their chances of getting paiiiiid though
wash your mouth out with soap young man. owner still has the right to refuse entry Wink..... i always thought dan and luke were the best of mates despite luke being a cod head. pretty sure its not happening but will mention it next weekend to give rob a fighting chance

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2011, 05:38:30 PM »

rob emailed me today to say bet is off and that he'd explain when he sees me

:S

@GreekStein on twitter.

celtic