blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 02:34:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272937 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Defining the terms of a bet
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Defining the terms of a bet  (Read 26012 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2011, 03:56:53 PM »

After repeatedly asking Rob for confirmation for the PDF he told me he hadn't had replies from all concerned so i pulled the event from the schedule.

If I was asked about the bet I would have never claimed it wasn't on. It is not my fault that I wasn't contacted by Rob/anyone at DTD. I'm not hard to contact, pretty sure the DTD emails I get send and fb messages about cash games at the club are sent to some of my details. Even if they somehow went missing within DTD's data, half the regs at DTD could have provided my details.

That night was in June or July...there have been many months we could have been contacted in.

As Woodsey pointed out this is an easy bet for Rob to win, we get 300 players for the Monte Carlo of which i satellite approx 150, i would expect at least 20 direct buy ins and i would do 24 x 1 seat guaranteed satellites online and 2 x 10 seats guaranteed in the club, this is what i had in the PDF, there was never any doubt in my mind that Rob would win the bet but i can understand why he would want the cash up front.

With all due respect Simon, I still like my side of the bet. Money means nothing to me, whether I have lots or little (and I've had both a few times!) so if Rob wanted to cut off his nose to spite his face by doing 15k in added sat money to win a 5k bet, that's absolutely fine with me.

You or anyone else thinking he's a favourite or a lock to win, is not a justifiable reason for cancelling the bet.

A couple more points, saying he would ban everyone was obviously tongue in cheek

I was not aware of that email between Rob and Dan, but it does not look tongue in cheek to me.

i assume Cos has Rob's permission to reproduce private emails on this thread as personally if he hasn't i think he his bang out of order and that is something i would ban him for but i'll see what Rob wants to do.

I don't have that permission - it was an oversight on my part to have asked for it - my apologies for that. I've always been very respectful with Rob and despite thinking it was 'bang out of order' as you put it that the bet has been cancelled I personally have agreed to let it go. People were asking as to why and I felt that email explained Rob's side succinctly.

I don't intend for a massive flame war to Rob or DTD. If I'm 100% honest I had thought that there was a chance the thread would be followed by Rob and he might realise he was in the wrong over this.

I've been a staunch supporter of DTD in the past but if you guys choose to ban me, so be it. I won't kick up a fuss.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »

This all seems a bit strange.

What's the point of this post?

Do you have something useful to say?

@GreekStein on twitter.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2011, 04:01:36 PM »

Why does the money have to be put on deposit at the club? Is this normal practice when a bet is made?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 10, 2011, 04:09:27 PM »

Why does the money have to be put on deposit at the club? Is this normal practice when a bet is made?

No mention of posting any money was made at the time of the bet.

Edit: Would have arranged for it to be posted had it of been.

@GreekStein on twitter.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2011, 04:12:31 PM »

Cause they are degens, or in your case, the kebab shops of north london mighta taken you for everything by then

sola virtus nobilitat
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2011, 04:14:45 PM »

Cause they are degens, or in your case, the kebab shops of north london mighta taken you for everything by then

I'm a degen, but wouldn't ever welch on a bet though I'd be happy to post money if that was a requisite of the bet.

Glenn do you know Luke, Keith and Dan?

@GreekStein on twitter.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 10, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »

Sorry cos, no intent to offend. Failed humour attempt.

I don't know them except Keith & Dan across tables at times. Seemed like nice quiet chaps and excellent players - thats my sum knowledge before outing them as degens

sola virtus nobilitat
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2011, 04:26:21 PM »

Sorry cos, no intent to offend. Failed humour attempt.

I don't know them except Keith & Dan across tables at times. Seemed like nice quiet chaps and excellent players - thats my sum knowledge before outing them as degens

haha k mate - took it as a dig, which I didn't mind as I am a deeeegen but if it wasnt a joke I thought it may be unfair on some of the others (but not all Tongue).

@GreekStein on twitter.

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2011, 04:30:22 PM »

If bets are made and escrows need to be arranged then it should really be specified in the original agreement- i got grimmed on here for not escrowing with that Trade-King bloke. Seems no logical reason to use the 3rd party to convey this message?

As for cancelling bets- u cant cancel a bet unless both sides agree, if this means Rob has to throw a 64 runner comp and guarantee it at 64k meaning the others lose, then so be it- unless they agree to the cancellation then the bet surely stands

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2011, 04:38:21 PM »

If bets are made and escrows need to be arranged then it should really be specified in the original agreement- i got grimmed on here for not escrowing with that Trade-King bloke. Seems no logical reason to use the 3rd party to convey this message?

As for cancelling bets- u cant cancel a bet unless both sides agree, if this means Rob has to throw a 64 runner comp and guarantee it at 64k meaning the others lose, then so be it- unless they agree to the cancellation then the bet surely stands

QFT!

Glad someone is getting to the real crux of the issue rather than points like 'you're drawing dead anyway' which really aren't relevant.

@GreekStein on twitter.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 10, 2011, 04:59:48 PM »

Of course it still stands but the event isn't running so it should either be paid now or paid when the bet officially expires on Jan 1st but since Rob has called the bet off from his side he obviously doesn't intend to pay.

Hopefully Rob lets us know through one channel or another that that the bet will be honoured and we can delete this thread and its over. I'd even be happy to offer the same action for another attempt in February if Rob is determined that he can pull it off.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 10, 2011, 05:05:50 PM »

I agree completely with this.

Although lots of bets should be excrowed such as escrow bets, I think the state the English poker scene is in atm (very good) there is no need for some of the bigges online and forum regs to need to escrow. This was a problem at first as Rob didn't trust Luke (as he didnt know him fair enough) so iirc Dan vouched for him right?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 10, 2011, 05:10:28 PM »

I agree completely with this.

Although lots of bets should be excrowed such as escrow bets, I think the state the English poker scene is in atm (very good) there is no need for some of the bigges online and forum regs to need to escrow. This was a problem at first as Rob didn't trust Luke (as he didnt know him fair enough) so iirc Dan vouched for him right?

Agree, now don't you owe me for a prop?

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 10, 2011, 05:31:48 PM »

si senor.

still think frankie will be back by saturday. if he isn't will pa.

#believe
#dontletthemwin
#bringfrankieback

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 10, 2011, 06:17:12 PM »

it's none of my business really but, imo....

if there is a £1,000 HU tourney during monte carlo and there are 64 players, then Rob wins this bet and £5,000.

If there ISNT, then he loses and pays the money?

Regardless of what it's gtd at or plays or where people are, surely its this simple?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: