blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 01:33:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 84358 times)
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: April 30, 2012, 10:59:11 AM »

Hey running kids.

What's a decent time for 10k?

Last week I ran 10k by accident on a treadmill and did it in 52 and a half minutes and was wondering what is par for that.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #376 on: April 30, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »

There isn't really a 'par'.  If you're Gatso, then that's a slow time; but if you're normal then that's a pretty decent time for a non-club runner.

When you say by accident, had you done into the room to buy a sandwich and ended up on the treadmill running 10K by mistake?  That'd make it even more impressive.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #377 on: April 30, 2012, 11:06:09 AM »

I always start by having a run and usually stop when I get a stitch after 25 minutes or so. On Thurday though I got no stitch and had lots of energy and just kept running without really thinking about it.

It was only once the album I was listening to had finished and I looked at the counter and it said I'd done 8.2k I decided to go for the 10k.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 30, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »

assuming no incline on the treadmill that's probably equivalent to just over 53 minutes run outdoors which would probably put you in the top half of a mass participation 10k but pretty near the back of any club run

if you just had it set on one speed then you can assume that you'd go a fair bit faster in a race though as you're not just plodding along at whatever speed you happened to set the belt at

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: April 30, 2012, 11:16:20 AM »

Send your entry into the London Marathon, join the rest of us doing silly running things.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 11:18:39 AM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: April 30, 2012, 12:14:34 PM »

assuming no incline on the treadmill that's probably equivalent to just over 53 minutes run outdoors which would probably put you in the top half of a mass participation 10k but pretty near the back of any club run

if you just had it set on one speed then you can assume that you'd go a fair bit faster in a race though as you're not just plodding along at whatever speed you happened to set the belt at

There was a 1 incline and, yeah, in a race I would have speeded up at the end as I was not tired.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #381 on: April 30, 2012, 12:21:39 PM »

There was a 1 incline and, yeah, in a race I would have speeded up at the end as I was not tired.

Thin.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 30, 2012, 12:43:30 PM »

I went to a few seminars this weekend.

There was one on nutrition which I made a couple of notes on.

The response might be either - already know, don't agree with or didn't know - but thought I might as well put them down here on the off chance they might help, or at least generate discussion about good nutrition.

1. Training.
20g of protein + 1g of carbohydrate per kg of weight straight after training will maximise the benefit from your recovery

2. Carb Loading.
You can build up extra carb stores for 3 days - and keep them for 3 days.
So if you're racing on Saturday then carb load on Mon,Tue, Wed then eat at a 'comfortable' level for Thu Fri so you don't feel uncomfortable when racing.

3. Pre Race.
2g of carb per kg of weight 3 hours before the start.
750ml sports drink (carb+electrolytes e.g. Gatorade) spread out over those 3 hours

4. Race
Assuming you can draw on carbohydrate reserves for the first hour
Just over 1g of carbs per minute (will mean your body will process just under 1gpm) is a rough guideline - and spread out the intake as much as possible over that extra time.
Glucose + Fructose mixtures will mean your body will process more of the carbohydrate than Glucose alone (but adding sucrose doesn't make that much of a difference)

That was almost literally the notes I took so with any luck that makes some sort of sense. There was a lot more he was talking about but I kept on getting ..... distracted..... by Cassie Patten looking surprisingly hot 

Any other ideas about nutrition that can be put in handy bullet point form? (because any more detailed and it gets too boring to remember)
Including any disagreement with these points above?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 30, 2012, 04:00:35 PM »

Sigh. Ballot entry sent. Seriously starting to wonder wtf is wrong with me.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 30, 2012, 04:06:40 PM »

Quick update from me....

Struggling with me knee still.

Newtons bought

Treadmill running = fine but not really on track for the 1/2
Outdoor running = shite as my knee hurts after about 30 mins

13 days till the half marathon. Gonna give it a go but think there is a fair chance my time is going to be terrible.

Then have 5.5 months to sort me knee and get some decent training in.

Sighballs

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: April 30, 2012, 06:16:27 PM »

Newtons help at all, make it worse, neither?

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: April 30, 2012, 06:18:16 PM »

Haha, welcome to the world of being a runner. Entering races you don't want to do and have no logical explanation as to why you sent in your entry form.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 30, 2012, 06:34:28 PM »

Haha, welcome to the world of being a runner. Entering races you don't want to do and have no logical explanation as to why you sent in your entry form.

I just know that if I didn't, next April would roll around and I'd be watching it on the telly really wishing I'd tried to get in.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 30, 2012, 06:38:42 PM »

I went to a few seminars this weekend.

There was one on nutrition which I made a couple of notes on.

The response might be either - already know, don't agree with or didn't know - but thought I might as well put them down here on the off chance they might help, or at least generate discussion about good nutrition.

1. Training.
20g of protein + 1g of carbohydrate per kg of weight straight after training will maximise the benefit from your recovery

2. Carb Loading.
You can build up extra carb stores for 3 days - and keep them for 3 days.
So if you're racing on Saturday then carb load on Mon,Tue, Wed then eat at a 'comfortable' level for Thu Fri so you don't feel uncomfortable when racing.

3. Pre Race.
2g of carb per kg of weight 3 hours before the start.
750ml sports drink (carb+electrolytes e.g. Gatorade) spread out over those 3 hours

4. Race
Assuming you can draw on carbohydrate reserves for the first hour
Just over 1g of carbs per minute (will mean your body will process just under 1gpm) is a rough guideline - and spread out the intake as much as possible over that extra time.
Glucose + Fructose mixtures will mean your body will process more of the carbohydrate than Glucose alone (but adding sucrose doesn't make that much of a difference)

That was almost literally the notes I took so with any luck that makes some sort of sense. There was a lot more he was talking about but I kept on getting ..... distracted..... by Cassie Patten looking surprisingly hot  

Any other ideas about nutrition that can be put in handy bullet point form? (because any more detailed and it gets too boring to remember)
Including any disagreement with these points above?

no idea about 1, I have no concept of what a gram of protein is

the others seem to be pretty much what is accepted but with adjustments for the individual. most people would have carb loading a day later than you have it there so tues, weds, thurs eat normally on friday and race saturday

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 30, 2012, 06:41:39 PM »

so my first marathon has now been confirmed as being long so I'm now officially an ultra-marathoner. everyone seemed to measure mile 7 as being 1.25 miles long but we were waiting for official confirmation which we now have. flooding was so bad at that point that they had to throw in a detour but as it was agreed pre race with the race referee the results will stand as marathon distance

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: