blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 09:15:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272929 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Gambling Your Life
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Gambling Your Life  (Read 10630 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 04:36:51 PM »

I can't believe people would take a 5-1 shot on there life for such a "little" amount of money, 6million is little imo for that high a risk of dying, by the time you shared it with family etc you'd do well to have a good standard of living for the rest of your life without needing to work. At first I thought I wouldn't do any but for 50million I'll take the risk on the roulette and if I lost it'd be a pretty com runbad story, for others too tell. I'd be tempted to do the roulette for less but there's no way I'd do X or Y for any amount.

meh, living is overated. I find it hard to believe that some people think their life is actually worth such vast amounts of money. You would have to grind out life say at 40k a year for 50 years to get 2 million or take a 6-1 shot there and then. Yes please! and a 36-1 shot, pfffffffft, free money! Surely we have all done stuff as kids/young adults that has nearly got us dead at no financial gain to ourselves. I jumped out of a second floor window on to a tree, got catapulted through a water gate in a weir, let alone all the 5050 shots i took where the chick could be riddled with aids. Probs other stuff that doesn't spring to mind. Everytime we have a heavy night and drive in the morning etc.

That said i am a massive degen anyways. 36-1 and 6-1 are just far too big and lol at sharing any with my family. They can risk their own lives.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2011, 04:39:30 PM »

I can't believe people would take a 5-1 shot on there life for such a "little" amount of money, 6million is little imo for that high a risk of dying, by the time you shared it with family etc you'd do well to have a good standard of living for the rest of your life without needing to work. At first I thought I wouldn't do any but for 50million I'll take the risk on the roulette and if I lost it'd be a pretty com runbad story, for others too tell. I'd be tempted to do the roulette for less but there's no way I'd do X or Y for any amount.

meh, living is overated. I find it hard to believe that some people think their life is actually worth such vast amounts of money. You would have to grind out life say at 40k a year for 50 years to get 2 million or take a 6-1 shot there and then. Yes please! and a 36-1 shot, pfffffffft, free money! Surely we have all done stuff as kids/young adults that has nearly got us dead at no financial gain to ourselves. I jumped out of a second floor window on to a tree, got catapulted through a water gate in a weir, let alone all the 5050 shots i took where the chick could be riddled with aids. Probs other stuff that doesn't spring to mind. Everytime we have a heavy night and drive in the morning etc.

That said i am a massive degen anyways. 36-1 and 6-1 are just far too big and lol at sharing any with my family. They can risk their own lives.

If someone had a gun to your head and 6 million on the table I don't believe you'd roll, if you did you aren't a gambler, just fukn mental.

I don't value my life anywhere near the figure, I just don't value money very much.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2011, 04:40:34 PM »

If someone had a gun to your head and 6 million on the table I don't believe you'd roll, if you did you aren't a gambler, just fukn mental.

I don't value my life anywhere near the figure, I just don't value money very much.

Monda, i swear down, i would roll twice!

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2011, 04:42:11 PM »

Gotta be a tv show in the making.

Can start off with small budget, get loads of winos in for 10k a man- 37 of them round a roulette wheel. Make it pay-per-view, easily cover the 360k payouts. 37 walk in, 36 walk out
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2011, 04:43:54 PM »

Can start off with small budget, get loads of winos in for 10k a man- 37 of them round a roulette wheel. Make it pay-per-view, easily cover the 360k payouts. 37 walk in, 36 walk out
How many of the David Milligans winos come back next week for another 10 bags and another spin do you reckon?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2011, 04:45:22 PM »

How many of the David Milligans winos come back next week for another 10 bags and another spin do you reckon?

when ur 1-36 to live, u can afford to take a few shots for sure. Parlay the reddies into something worth while- i reckon third of them comeback next week
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2011, 04:46:02 PM »

lololol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »

Your balling out of control Mr Norton if you cant live happily on a bag a day!

Either your all talking BS if it actually came to it, or your just on a different planet, I would snap decline gambling my life at 100,000-1 for £100m.

If the situation arose I couldn't say 100% for ceartain that I'd do it, but for 50million and for the odds of me losing I think I would.

I don't believe anyone with any kind of normal living circumstances would flip a coin.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2011, 04:47:43 PM »

Nearly all of them, they´d just be a fair bit drunker (on classier booze) than they had been the previous week.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 04:48:03 PM »

China FTW.
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2011, 04:48:37 PM »

Sounds just like bumfights.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2011, 04:52:55 PM »

If they made 100 people put their right leg in a guillotine, 1 loses it- 100k to rest, would you do it?

Ur 1.01 to win 100k- same as having 10m bet at 1-100.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »

Your balling out of control Mr Norton if you cant live happily on a bag a day!

Either your all talking BS if it actually came to it, or your just on a different planet, I would snap decline gambling my life at 100,000-1 for £100m.

A bag a day ?

I'd give at least 1/2 to family, that leaves 3million, without inc cars, houses, earlier excessive partying, spending 1k a day I'd be busto in 8 years.

3mil still sees you with a sensible return of around 180k a year though without touching the capital?

To be fair sounds like your a lot more generous than me also, I still had £5,999,500 after I had looked after my friends and familiy.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »

Would obviously feel bad for the guy that lost his leg but otherwise sounds fine to me, I´m in :-).
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »

It's a very different gamble when you know 100% that one of them's going to die.

Much fairer and more fun if they take it in turns to spin the wheel if you ask me.

As for the bet I don't think there's a price for a 36 to 1 shot.

100,000 to 1 I'd do for a few hundred k. Hopkin's insane if he wouldn't do it for £100m. That's just stupid.

Also Monda thinking you couldn't have a good standard of living for £3m is the best joke I've heard in ages.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: