blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:37:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  ***OFFICIAL*** Raman's E/W Printing Money Thread
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***OFFICIAL*** Raman's E/W Printing Money Thread  (Read 34214 times)
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 06:37:22 PM »

I´m surprised by Tikay´s posts. Would you advise against listening to advice on sports betting as well? Specific posters on the RWC and NFL threads for example are absolutely miles in front. A good current example is the lads getting the First touchdown scorer value every single week, it´s outstanding tipping. Surely it´s no different to any other walk of life, working harder and applying more intelligence than your competitors will yield results.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 07:21:53 PM »

I´m surprised by Tikay´s posts. Would you advise against listening to advice on sports betting as well? Specific posters on the RWC and NFL threads for example are absolutely miles in front. A good current example is the lads getting the First touchdown scorer value every single week, it´s outstanding tipping. Surely it´s no different to any other walk of life, working harder and applying more intelligence than your competitors will yield results.

No, not at all. (sports betting etc). But listening to random (& invariably, losing) punters giving horse tips - " a mate told me this one is off today" is the short cut to Carey Street.

I agree as to the work ethic, though that's very different to lazy listening.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »

Winning bets =/= great value though. Of course they could be making tons of good bets over in the NFL thread (I don't know tbh, I haven't properly looked at them and tried pricing them) but for the majority of posters I imagine, their 'tips' are going to be -EV (keep in mind here also the relatively small sample size of FTS considering the average odds involved). Tips are, in general, bad (again, not to say that they *can't* be good) because those who are good at pricing stuff up in general don't post it - why would you give away an edge? It's akin to teaching the fish.
stribling

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 07:42:06 PM »

Where have all these horsey threads come from...... I miss the days of Keith or Brent popping up twice a month and giving big boy tips!

You have to Risk it for the biscuit!!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 07:52:21 PM »

Winning bets =/= great value though. Of course they could be making tons of good bets over in the NFL thread (I don't know tbh, I haven't properly looked at them and tried pricing them) but for the majority of posters I imagine, their 'tips' are going to be -EV (keep in mind here also the relatively small sample size of FTS considering the average odds involved). Tips are, in general, bad (again, not to say that they *can't* be good) because those who are good at pricing stuff up in general don't post it - why would you give away an edge? It's akin to teaching the fish.

Why can't I explain myself that well?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 08:44:11 PM »

I think the majority of people here have progressed a long way from the days when punting was thought to be about picking winners, there are several very shrewd identifiers of value who regularly post on the forum.

On the NFL FTD they are identifying value each and every week by reacting faster and more intelligently to team news than the bookies are. I am talking specifically in this instance about the Leeds lads, they are shrewd guys with a very good handle on what the right price should be.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 08:46:00 PM »

On the NFL FTD they are identifying value each and every week by reacting faster and more intelligently to team news than the bookies are. I am talking specifically in this instance about the Leeds lads, they are shrewd guys with a very good handle on what the right price should be.

+1

adnmdv

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 08:52:43 PM »

I think the majority of people here have progressed a long way from the days when punting was thought to be about picking winners, there are several very shrewd identifiers of value who regularly post on the forum.

Fair enough, as I said it's certainly not impossible that certain posters are shrewd. Also, it does seem from reading Blonde that the betting forum is skewed to 'shrewd' rather than 'mug' (less posting 'I'm on this 20-team acca' anyway!)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 08:53:38 PM »

Printer ink will be dry before this thread makes money.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 08:57:32 PM »

lol nice post, when I was talking about shrewd guys from Leeds I wasn´t thinking of Girgy.

Apologies to Raman for the thread derail. Very best of luck with this I´ve enjoyed your contribution to the forum so far and very much hope this goes well..
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 09:02:29 PM »

i lol'd girdy

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Raman

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 09:12:28 PM »

More chance this thread will make money than you losing your virginity. 

Its not been the best start, but I am confident things will be back on track soon. Its not like we're doing chunks in. 
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 09:27:42 PM »

This always happens dont worry the trolls soon get bored. Let him do his thing Smiley

Try telling my Dad and me who scooped a nice win at weekend thanks to 4 high price places :O
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 09:29:12 PM »

More chance this thread will make money than you losing your virginity. 

Its not been the best start, but I am confident things will be back on track soon. Its not like we're doing chunks in. 

no need to get personal Raman was just a joke son.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2011, 09:53:59 PM »

This thread is getting epic!!!!

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: