blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:13:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272604 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Late Night Poker final tonight, Ch 4 12.55am
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Late Night Poker final tonight, Ch 4 12.55am  (Read 9928 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2011, 03:28:02 PM »

The Grand Final of Coral Late Night Poker starts on Channel 4 tonight at 12.55am.

(Concludes next Monday)

The line up is :-

Ram Vaswani
Roberto Romanello
James Dempsey
Luke Schwartz
Andrew Feldman
Sam Holden
Simon Trumper
Rob Okell

Commentary from Vicky Coren and James Akenhead.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hombre32

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 03:54:48 PM »

What has happened to Jessee May?

I have been watching the series but have found the Aikenhead/Coren commentary very wooden and dull to listen to. Prefer Channing in the commentary box with JM every day of the week.

The UKIP commentary's with Liv Boree and Nick whilst not on JM's level are at least fun and their is a chemistry between them
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 04:22:14 PM »

I have been watching the series but have found the Aikenhead/Coren commentary very wooden and dull to listen to. Prefer Channing in the commentary box with JM every day of the week.

The UKIP commentary's with Liv Boree and Nick whilst not on JM's level are at least fun and their is a chemistry between them

Jesse is contracted to Matchroom, who dont do this one or the UKIPTs.

Shame as he is the greatest
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 07:24:15 PM »

Vicky is OK, but I'm sick of Aikenhead's constantly telling us how wrong everybody is playing every hand.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 08:03:28 PM »

Thanks for the heads up - I would have missed this otherwise.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 10:04:51 PM »

Gabe and AJ - 10/10
Nick and Liv - 9/10

Vicky and James 1/10

Will still watch it to see how some of my close personal friends get on.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 02:56:47 PM »

Gabe and AJ - 10/10
Nick and Liv - 9/10

Vicky and James 1/10

Nick and Liv - 9/10 ? How? He is one of, if not the, most annoying people on TV, and she's desperately dull (pretty yes, but dull)

Vicky and James 1/10? That must be a big negative score for James, Vicky Coren is the bees knees. She may not do great poker analysis, but she is at least interesting and funny.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »

im glad akenhead tells it how he sees it. Imo he's been correct on his analysis close to 100% of the time, vicky is just clueless altogether. Gimme Akenhead and james mitchell anyday of the week
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »

(Reply to "hombre32" also).

By sheer chance, Jesse rung me this morning on a business matter, during which he accepted my invite to appear on Ch 865, Sky Poker, shortly.

Things have changed dramatically @ Matchroom, & he is no longer exclusively contracted to them, rather, he works for them now on an "as & when" Freelance basis. The demise of TV Poker, & FTP, has affected Matchroom considerably in the poker area, though not in other, non-poker  ways.

So, my read is that we will see a lot more of Jesse in the future, but in non-Matchroom stuff.

He's fine & dandy, too, having just celebrated Thanksgiving "in some style", I gather.

The guy is an absolute one-off, & he thinks on a different plane to most. His twitter handle is "@ScurrilousMay", & he is well worth following, he comes out with some amazing stuff, all of it wholly original.

He still does a regular Blog for PokerFarm, too.

He'll not go hungry, or skinto.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 04:56:28 PM »

akenhead is really good, coren is an abs jok, shes stupidly terrible and her ept commentary is even worse. gtfo the mic mate.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »

akenhead is really good, coren is an abs jok, shes stupidly terrible and her ept commentary is even worse. gtfo the mic mate.

think she's good for fish, obv not excellent for pha for real players.

good mix imo
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:31 PM »

Gabe and AJ - 10/10
Nick and Liv - 9/10

Vicky and James 1/10

Nick and Liv - 9/10 ? How? He is one of, if not the, most annoying people on TV, and she's desperately dull (pretty yes, but dull)

Vicky and James 1/10? That must be a big negative score for James, Vicky Coren is the bees knees. She may not do great poker analysis, but she is at least interesting and funny.

Nick is an absolute hero, you're the first person i've met to say otherwise. Liv is alright.

Vicky is the bees knees [ ], interesting [ ], funny [ ].

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 05:37:42 PM »

By sheer chance, Jesse rung me this morning on a business matter, during which he accepted my invite to appear on Ch 865, Sky Poker, shortly.

Things have changed dramatically @ Matchroom, & he is no longer exclusively contracted to them, rather, he works for them now on an "as & when" Freelance basis. The demise of TV Poker, & FTP, has affected Matchroom considerably in the poker area, though not in other, non-poker  ways.

So, my read is that we will see a lot more of Jesse in the future, but in non-Matchroom stuff.

He's fine & dandy, too, having just celebrated Thanksgiving "in some style", I gather.

The guy is an absolute one-off, & he thinks on a different plane to most. His twitter handle is "@ScurrilousMay", & he is well worth following, he comes out with some amazing stuff, all of it wholly original.

That will be one for the sky plus for sure, Jesse is one of my genuine heroes

Actually he would be pretty awesome as a host on 865, surely there must be some third wheels hanging around well past their sell-by date?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »

That will be one for the sky plus for sure, Jesse is one of my genuine heroes

Actually he would be pretty awesome as a host on 865, surely there must be some third wheels hanging around well past their sell-by date?

I'm looking over my shoulder as we speak, insecurities fully engaged. Fortunately, or otherwise, I would assume he has bigger fish to fry.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 06:23:04 PM »

think she's good for fish, obv not excellent for pha for real players.

good mix imo

As you say, "good mix".

There is, I suspect, a lack of understanding here as to whom these Shows are directed towards - & it's NOT the 1% or so of the regular viewing public who might be interested in PHA & the like. Yes, for the PHA types, maybe James Akenhead is right on the money, (& I'm sure he is) but there's little commercial angle in preaching to the mature & captive market - they already have Accounts with all the Corals & all the major rooms!

Miss Coren could not be better at what she does - talking in lay language to lay - that is to say non-converted - viewers. She also works the Shows hard on S-M, and has a following which is probably 100 times that of James, or any other available commentator or colour commentator. Her profile in poker may be lower, (though she is not without success, by any means) but to the target audience - the Great British viewing public, it's not even close.

Poker players live in a very insular little world. The Shows are aimed primarily at a much bigger world.

I'm not having a pop here, but it's rather a shame to see Miss Coren's work so badly misunderstood, albeit by such a small % of the target audience.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 06:26:06 PM by tikay » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: