blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 05:46:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272836 Posts in 66757 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  First post. Right fold? Right place to post??
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: First post. Right fold? Right place to post??  (Read 4710 times)
Abzisaledge

View Profile
« on: December 01, 2011, 04:19:50 AM »

Arrive at live table with £80 in hand. 100nl. Early morning. Straddling and loose calling....

I hold QJ spades. Raise to £4... UTG +2, 4 ish callers.

Flop QQ 7spades. Checked to me... I bet £16 into £21 ish.

1 Caller with around £150 in CO.  Turn 3spades. I bet £21. Player asks how much I'm playing. Pushes me all in I "obviously"(?) call.

He turns over AQ. river blank.

Could I possibly get away? Flush drawing and trips on turn. Not much history on guy at all....

Re thinking hand on the way home I only really seem to be beating QT Q9 Q8 against this type of player but can I seriously contemplate a fold??

It's a funny world we live in.
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 04:38:55 AM »

can I seriously contemplate a fold??

no

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 06:31:22 AM »

can I seriously contemplate a fold??

no
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 09:05:10 AM »

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Keylek

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 11:47:26 AM »

this is obviously a ridiculous post

If you have no spades you cannot contemplate a fold.

Almost troll like, there must be some more interesting hands you can post.
Abzisaledge

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 12:06:41 PM »

Well my first post and im disappointed. Setting a bad example for the forum that fourth response. Just re thinking through my hand and thought I'd join and ask. No need for a response like that.

Any other lines I could take for those who are half decent on here and could give me some useful info about the hand that may improve my game?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 12:11:56 PM »

Well my first post and im disappointed. Setting a bad example for the forum that fourth response. Just re thinking through my hand and thought I'd join and ask. No need for a response like that.

Any other lines I could take for those who are half decent on here and could give me some useful info about the hand that may improve my game?

Your disappointment is understandable, Abz, but don't rush to judgement, most of the posters on PHA are quite helpful. "Keylek" is also a very new Member of blonde, & perhaps has not yet caught the mood & tone of PHA.

I rarely comment on PHA, but your hand was just one of those things, a sort of cooler, & you are obliged to do the lot there. If you don't, you are probably doing something wrong.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 12:39:02 PM »

Its a cold deck buddy, nowt you can do.

Detach yourself from the hand and you'll see it yourself in no time  Smiley

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 12:39:14 PM »

Your disappointment is understandable, Abz, but don't rush to judgement, most of the posters on PHA are quite helpful. "Keylek" is also a very new Member of blonde, & perhaps has not yet caught the mood & tone of PHA.

I rarely comment on PHA, but your hand was just one of those things, a sort of cooler, & you are obliged to do the lot there. If you don't, you are probably doing something wrong.
SIGH. not you on the cooler band wagon too. i remember a day when we could fold these sort of hands face up and the whole card room buzzed about an amazing fold Tikay made tonight. now the majority of the room sniggers behind our backs Smiley

welcome to blonde Abz

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2011, 12:43:19 PM »

SIGH. not you on the cooler band wagon too. i remember a day when we could fold these sort of hands face up and the whole card room buzzed about an amazing fold Tikay made tonight. now the majority of the room sniggers behind our backs Smiley

welcome to blonde Abz

Game's changed though.

Allez!!
Abzisaledge

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2011, 12:55:29 PM »

Appreciate that reply. Thanks. First judgement was bad that's all.

Thanks for the help and welcome guys. Look forward to future discussions. Cheesy

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2011, 01:00:27 PM »

welcome to blonde Abz

Game's changed though.
yes i know...need a tongue in cheek smiley and we can call it ;theherbie;

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2011, 01:04:42 PM »

Appreciate that reply. Thanks. First judgement was bad that's all.

Thanks for the help and welcome guys. Look forward to future discussions. Cheesy

Good man.

Helpful hint; try to post a balance of winning & losing hands, & avoid at all costs, hands that are, or look or sound like, bad-beat stories. You will deffo get it in the neck for those, & to be fair, quite right too.

Enjoy. Once you settle in, if your Threads are "boring" or of no interest, you'll know from the lack of replies. A really good PHA thread ought to run to 4 or 5 pages.

Not sure what level you play at, or degree of experience you have, but we also have a "Learning Centre".

Some of the UK's very best players regularly post on blonde PHA, under a variety of aliases, as does Boldie, & Evil Pie. Once you get them debating on your threads, you've cracked it.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Keylek

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »

I am very sorry to disappoint you, and yes I am a new member so I shouldn't talk like that.

I am sorry for my tone in the post.

But this really shouldn't be a question, you're 80bb deep, you're in a raised pot in a "loose splashy" game and you have trips, third kicker and a flush draw and are getting 3:1 on your money. (infact more, 39 to call ~ 135 in the pot? 3.5:1)

But please keep posting hands its the only way to get better obviously, but there must have been so many more interesting hands from that night than this one that we could discuss??

This sort of question to me is similar to asking whether you should fold KK Blind vs Blind for 100 BB vs a splashy opponent (infact less close). I know it is just a question from you, but honestly did you expect anyone to recommend a fold?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 02:33:47 PM by Keylek » Logged
Abzisaledge

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 02:47:37 PM »

Maybe it was the way I posted it. Maybe I should have asked to discuss rather than asked of I should contemplate the fold. Different ways to play the hand?

I was only there half an hour and hadn't played many hands so there wasn't many other hands an definitely no more interesting than this. Just after thinking against the type of player I'm not beating much. He's hardly calling the flop with nothing less than a Q.

Sorry at my first post failure.

I must improve my posts.
I must improve my posts.
I must improve my posts.

Sorry again.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: