blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:30:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Best of blonde
| | | |-+  blonde Poker 2011 Advent Calendar
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blonde Poker 2011 Advent Calendar  (Read 143750 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 09:05:20 AM »

The birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour could only be truly marked by Kinboshi.

Or your good self.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 10:14:15 AM »

and behind door number 2....

(warning, be careful when googling "Christmas number 2" on google images.....)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 10:26:36 AM »

is Glenn "nirvana" Henderson

Earlier this year nirvana spent seven weeks in hospital. He explained why in a post in April

Quote from: nirvana on April 12, 2011, 02:07:22 PM
Thanks everyone, I wanted to say the good wishes are very much appreciated without just trying to extend the diary de-rail but since its Claire's - meh , whatever :-)

Hopefully in a couple of weeks I will have been fitted successfully with a LVAD device which is pretty much the only short term treatment option I have. Should allow a decent quality of life.

Was first diagnosed with heart failure (dilated cardiomyopathy in 2003) but it had never restricted me from playing cricket, golf etc - not a smoking or liefstyle induced condition and bizarrely (given diet and smoking) I had completely clear arteries, low colesterol, good results when lungs tested etc.

One poss is hereditary as my Dad had the same form of heart failure and ultimately he had a transplant back in 1991

Got a few bouts of breathlessness in December and then went rapidly downhill from there, lparticularly from around mid-feb onwards. Ended up being off work for the first time in my life (at home for about 4 weeks feeling shizzle), couldnt really walk more than 50 yrds without needing a break, and played my last game of poker arpund 7 weeks ago at the Circus in Luton, oh yeah, bag for 3rd innit. Would like to play again and hope that will be one of the things I can still easily do in the future - got to spread the money round the poker community :-)

Anyway, from a slightly selfish point of view I thought if I write this down once I won't have to do it in dribs and drabs over time to people - right time for Countdown - love daytime telly now !

See you all at the poker sometime soon I hope and thanks again

As a noted bon viveur, here is a rare picture of Glenn pre-op without a glass of Merlot

Glenn has returned to the tables since, at Luton and elsewhere, though has yet to reach the heady heights of his revolutionary deal with peter Wigglesworth at the DTD Deepstack last year.

Look around the forum though, search the last posts of nirvana and there you will find a stream of bon mots, diadems of corruscating brilliance, usually aimed in the deserving direction of The sicilian, Chompy, pizzled and celtic which very much confirm that the man is back on form as noted company both on the table and on the forum.

Long may it continue, and best wishes for continued health recovery in 2012 

My eyes are open wide
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 10:27:58 AM »

Nice one Glenn.  Surprised he hasn't offered to chop the remaining 23 days with everyone else on blonde yet.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »

Long may it continue, and best wishes for continued health recovery in 2012

Good health, wealth and happiness Glenn, for 2012 and onward.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 10:33:08 AM »

I'm sure Glenn wll be suitably embarrassed, but here's to his continued recovery, & good health. Where would we be without his biting social comment?

And without Glenn, we would not have been treated to this incredible piece of writing by Tighty......

search the last posts of nirvana and there you will find a stream of bon mots, diadems of corruscating brilliance

Excellent!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 10:35:59 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 10:35:00 AM »

If ever anyone deserved to be a number 2, then its you glennda. What an ok bloke you are.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 11:45:21 AM »

I'm sure Glenn wll be suitably embarrassed

Embarrassed? He probably nominated himself Wink

And +1 to what vinnydonk said

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »

meh, won't be buying my advent calendar from the pound shop next year. could've had 2 choccies if I'd bought one from tesco, instead I've got george and glenn

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 02:44:03 PM »

The way I see it I'm 24th rather than 2nd, furry muff and still ahead of George2Sheep, about right really :-)

Thanks Richard and others, I feel genuinely quite touched by this bit of attention.

I set my focus on becoming a troll some months back and whilst it's enjoyable, at some level, I hope people would always recognise that I really, really, really like this forum.

Collectively it's like the imaginary friend I never had. Such intelligence, wit & humour frequently here.

Another great thing about this community is that whichever 25 fun picks Richard makes, it will be august company - just the way the place is.

Thanks again for making an old man happy (Caroline?)

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »

What a great Post. And that's why Tighty stuck you in it, I guess. At the 2nd nut low spot.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 06:34:45 PM »

One of the things I like about Glen is, he knows how to argue like a gentleman.

He makes his point without deliberately causing or taking offence. He's changed my point of view on several occasions.

Damn him.

The older I get, the better I was.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 09:29:03 PM »

Top bloke, always a pleasure to share a table with - continued good health in 2012 Glen
amcgrath1uk

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

2 top quality blokes to start off with Smiley Keep it going!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2011, 10:52:13 AM »

Behind door number 3.....

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »