blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 10:57:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272976 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 120 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Luton 2012 thread, powered by the same old 3-4 posters  (Read 219376 times)
Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: March 02, 2012, 12:36:35 PM »

Why doesn't jonny plump come to the g anymore?

See previous few pages.....

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 02, 2012, 12:51:55 PM »

so drainy ..whats the verdict on the new structures?

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 02, 2012, 01:07:39 PM »

by looking on here it does seem all up in the air down there at the moment (did that make sense?) and febs schedule is still on the website, and if im going to drive 50mins to an hour to get there, i want to think that all the correct tourney info is readily available to everyone so there is going to be a decent prizepool and turnout.

i might pop down next week to say hello, when is the best night now?

Tuesday. I'm not there.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 02, 2012, 01:13:47 PM »

TBH... i don't see the need for such drastic changes..thought we were pretty much there..from various reports from the ground last night was a sham....

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 02, 2012, 01:26:50 PM »

TBH... i don't see the need for such drastic changes..thought we were pretty much there..from various reports from the ground last night was a sham....

How about you go and find out for yourself, then make a comment?

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 02, 2012, 01:53:14 PM »

How about you go and find out for yourself, then make a comment?

cba.. giving 30 and 40k starting stacks just makes a mockery of poker in general....

Drain Alien
*** Drainy ***

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: March 02, 2012, 02:29:49 PM »

so drainy ..whats the verdict on the new structures?

Put simply.......Totally and utterly shit.

As it turned out there was plenty of play on the FT, but u gotta play bingo to get there!

I think George is playing a very dangerous game by introducing such widespread changes - and if last night was anything to go by then the cardroom will be empty before long.

Tighty - 8th September 2015 - Oh FFS Drainy is back !!!!!!
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 02, 2012, 02:34:45 PM »

May give it one go next wednesday but the whole idea of it has put me off tbh

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 02, 2012, 02:44:06 PM »

A bit like someone's already alluded to; the issue isn't change per se, it's that there is no continuity for a decent period of time to see what works and what doesn't.

Ephemeral gurantees, changing lots of comps at the same time, messing with stacks and structures, re-entry dynamic, all within about 2 months.

It's such a scatter gun approach and seemingly change for changes sake, it's easier for people to hang back and see how things settle down.

It will be very easy to go from the chalenge of say 6-8 months ago - ie how to return Fridays/Sundays to events with a decent level of participation to how to put right every comp of the week.

These latest changes, to me, are ridic, but I hope they give them a decent run to establish if they work before trying something else.

I'd love to know what the pressures are behind the scenes to generate this pretty manic, non stop change mentality.

I think DTD are in danger of trying too many different tweaks too quickly as well.  However, since most of the changes seem to benefit customers as well as attempt to improve the business they are always gonna benefit from such goodwill that people will indulge a high level of change. The corporatist G doesn't have the same goodwill and people vote with their feet much more readily

sola virtus nobilitat
relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 02, 2012, 03:39:15 PM »

I do not want to lose any customers, but ultimately, it would be inconceivable that I could implement something that appealed to everyone.

First and foremost, we decided that we were not going to have a competition that was priced at more than £50. I believe it presents a reasonable value to those that can comfortably afford that level of buy-in while it is not so steep as to price out the very social poker player who would have been alarmed at the prospect of a buy-in range from £80-£110.

While I appreciate that a number of you share a similar viewpoint, it is without question a vocal minority that desire deep-stack competitions in the week. To that end, we shortened the clocks. That being said, the structure never really made the game unreasonable at any stage - the only negative impact on the tournament is that you're no longer able to sit behind your chips and simply wait it out until the final. It does force you to participate at some point or another.

What we've done in March is really not something as overly drastic as is being made out. A number of individuals expressed concerns that they felt it was too fast a structure and as a compromise we've upped the starting stacks. I would love for you to come and speak to me about your feelings in person and I will listen. You know that I am more than reasonable. But at least play the tournaments and give it a chance before you decide it's incredulous and non playable.

The very same arguments were used last month when we shortened the clock and I do not feel the negativity was justified. It is my belief we're experiencing much of the same unnecessary turbulence again.

What we're doing is drastic. We're not oblivious to this fact or that it has unsettled some of you. That being the case, we would like you to buy in to our goal of trying to do something a little different and unique to swell our player base again. The unfortunate thing about Luton is that because of the proximity to London and the wealth of experience in terms of those of you that play there, people will 'step up' and move to bigger things that we're not in a position to offer. At such times, when the player base is very much a core of the same people, we are going to have to do something drastic to try and change the landscape.

I need you to believe that what we're doing is for the benefit of us all. We're not making these changes because we are trying to purposefully antagonize our player base, but because we recognise that what we've been doing up until now is not working and so a drastic change in pace was called for. If you support us over the next couple of months and continue to feed us the constructive criticism we need and appreciate, I am confident that we will enter the second part of 2012 with a much larger pool of players and a good deal more flexibility.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2012, 03:42:56 PM by relaedgc » Logged

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 02, 2012, 03:43:03 PM »

i love you george, that's all that matters xx

relaedgc

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 02, 2012, 03:45:30 PM »

As an addendum, we still have the Sunday deep-stack and the monthly £100 deep stack.

"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
Friedrich Nietzsche
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #492 on: March 02, 2012, 03:45:34 PM »

Good post George, i hope the moaners read this and give the comps a chance.

In George we trust.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:52 PM »

I love George more than Vinni does.

Hang in there George, & don't make the mistake of trying to please everyone. Cant be done.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 02, 2012, 03:48:43 PM »

i love you george, that's all that matters xx

+1

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 120 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: