blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:18:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272607 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  JJ facing 3bet pre
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: JJ facing 3bet pre  (Read 2017 times)
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« on: December 13, 2011, 12:14:19 PM »

Villain seems to be an aggressive winning player - up 21.46 bb/100 over 3.4k hands. Stats of 20/18/8.7/45%, 3bet from SB only 8% though. Cbet 74% with a fold to raise of 88% from 16 hands.

BetFred No-Limit Hold'em, $0.20 BB (6 handed)

BB ($19.82)
UTG ($21.27)
Hero (MP) ($19.68 )
CO ($25.34)
Button ($14.01)
Villain (SB) ($47.14)

Preflop: Hero is MP with  ,
1 fold, Hero bets $0.60, 2 folds, Villain raises $2.40, 1 fold, Hero ?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2011, 06:27:57 PM »

Betfred, hmmm could easily be a bot, any stats on villain? I think at worst your up against AK, cant see anyone 4x an open with worse than JJ pair wise, all read and stats dependent mind.

If he's an 18/16 then your probably crushed
If he's a tard playing 35/20 then his range can be alot wider.

Without these stats I probs peel in position.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2011, 09:48:23 PM »

call

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2011, 09:50:08 PM »

I like a peel here because it keeps your range relatively wide i think.
Delboy

If you never let me go, I will never let you down.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »

call, set-mine, hit, & get it in.

'Still we sing with our heroes thirty three rounds a minute'
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 09:59:05 PM »

Bully, Villain was 20/18, plus his 3bet from SB is only 8%. This leads me to worry I am already crushed.

If we call, what's our plan on various flops, assuming a J doesn't come?

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Delboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 10:02:25 PM »

Bully, Villain was 20/18, plus his 3bet from SB is only 8%. This leads me to worry I am already crushed.

If we call, what's our plan on various flops, assuming a J doesn't come?

Fold reallly any flop without a Jack, he probably does have a better pair than you PF, but a Jack comes and you have a great chance of getting all his money

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »

wtf he has 8% 3bet its not like he has qq + here,

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2011, 10:13:51 PM »

Cawl and play position.
Delboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 10:26:31 PM »

live (with adjusted blinds), I would call a low flop and re-asses on the turn based on opponents actions. Online, I just think there are better spots to come and am quite happy to wait.

Rod

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 11:43:33 PM »

I understand this, but what should we then do post flop, we have position and if the flop comes three under cards I assume we call? Where do we go from there. I lose lot's of money in these types of situation (and many others).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »

Got to be a 4bet- so few good flops and pretty much ahead of his hand range now. I dont see folding being an option altho his 3b vs mp open is probably lower. D

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2011, 04:28:59 AM »

I understand this, but what should we then do post flop, we have position and if the flop comes three under cards I assume we call? Where do we go from there. I lose lot's of money in these types of situation (and many others).

this is one of the more favourable outcomes of the hand. if the flop comes low low low then my default line readless would be to just call call call. can't really go wrong there.

if it comes Q/K/A high, i'm always calling at least the first barrel. Re-evaluating on the turn if he fires again, depending on the card, our reads. He's 3betting 8%, that's very wide from the sb. He'll barrel most flops, but most ppl shutdown if called on the flop. I.e. he 3bets the K9suited it comes ace high, he thinks that's a good card to barrel, you call, he thinks, oh shit you've got an ace, better give up.

some ppl will be harder to play postflop, and vs these, especially with the 8% 3b stat, I'd be 4b/getting it in vs them as its more profitable than playing the streets if you're not confident post / think he's gonna own you.

so vs an unknown, its close between 4b/calling and peeling IP, never folding obv, and if i decide to peel, not folding to a cbet on most boards, except AKx KQx AQx AKQ.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2011, 10:10:35 AM »

this is one of the more favourable outcomes of the hand. if the flop comes low low low then my default line readless would be to just call call call. can't really go wrong there.

if it comes Q/K/A high, i'm always calling at least the first barrel. Re-evaluating on the turn if he fires again, depending on the card, our reads. He's 3betting 8%, that's very wide from the sb. He'll barrel most flops, but most ppl shutdown if called on the flop. I.e. he 3bets the K9suited it comes ace high, he thinks that's a good card to barrel, you call, he thinks, oh shit you've got an ace, better give up.

some ppl will be harder to play postflop, and vs these, especially with the 8% 3b stat, I'd be 4b/getting it in vs them as its more profitable than playing the streets if you're not confident post / think he's gonna own you.

so vs an unknown, its close between 4b/calling and peeling IP, never folding obv, and if i decide to peel, not folding to a cbet on most boards, except AKx KQx AQx AKQ.

Sigh - sometime I think I understand this game a little bit then I read an answer like that and realize I am still a noob. I did not think this could ever be a 4-bet (if I was playing the hand it would not enter my head) but yeah, I guess it is.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »

fwiw if board comes low low i woudlnt call it off al the time, there's just so many variables, but if flop is 1094 turn 3 and he barrels both i'd find a fold

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: