blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:06:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  6 max 100nl - AQo 3 bet pot, dont want to click the fold button.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6 max 100nl - AQo 3 bet pot, dont want to click the fold button.  (Read 2197 times)
shipitonetime

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »

Seat 1: PimpYourCar ( $488.45 USD )
Seat 2: jp0319 ( $101.15 USD )
Seat 3: MrWh1te001 ( $154.65 USD )
Seat 4: kingh0lli ( $110.35 USD )
Seat 5: Baiz3rOne ( $102.00 USD )
Seat 6: HERO ( $190.20 USD )
HERO posts small blind [$0.50 USD].
PimpYourCar posts big blind [$1.00 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to HERO [  ]
jp0319 folds
MrWh1te001 raises [$3.00 USD]
kingh0lli calls [$3.00 USD]
Baiz3rOne folds
HERO raises [$12.00 USD]
PimpYourCar folds
MrWh1te001 folds
kingh0lli calls [$9.50 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
HERO bets [$13.50 USD]
kingh0lli raises [$32.00 USD]
HERO Huh??

Villain stats are 24/21/10.5. Fto3b- 54 over 1.1k hands. 

My thoughts were given how aggro pf villain is, he would surely 3b original raiser with his value range, or 4 bet me pf. So given this action i really dont think villain reps much on this flop and really dont want to click the fold button. So do i peel or jam?

shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »

What are your thoughts on this kinda spot in general? Alright i guess fold is an option too.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 04:09:38 PM »

Villain's stats are those of a pretty good reg. In this spot in general after cold-calling and then calling again preflop people's ranges are very pocket pair heavy. As such, the flop is a clear fold imo, and I am more likely than most to spazz here. Preflop I don't mind the 3bet to 5bet, might make it a touch bigger like $14-15, and bet-fold flop is fine imo, if a little exploitable. Don't think people at .50/1 are gonne be exploiting it tho, at least not on purpose.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 04:14:02 PM by skolsuper » Logged
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 12:17:44 PM »

Villain's stats are those of a pretty good reg. In this spot in general after cold-calling and then calling again preflop people's ranges are very pocket pair heavy. As such, the flop is a clear fold imo, and I am more likely than most to spazz here. Preflop I don't mind the 3bet to 5bet, might make it a touch bigger like $14-15, and bet-fold flop is fine imo, if a little exploitable. Don't think people at .50/1 are gonne be exploiting it tho, at least not on purpose.

Think spazzing here is fine tbh. Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 01:07:48 PM »

very +1.

Decent regulars will show up with legitimate hands here a lot of the time because anyone with a brain knows there value range is obviously thin and thus making a spot people will cling on/hero in more regularly - calling absolutely not an option as the later streets are almost completely unplayable you're open to all kinds of mistakes, you basically have 6 outs to a bluff catcher OOP and that's not a cool spot to be in.

Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 05:49:12 PM »

Not a good spot to depolarize your 3b range. Are you 3b folding vs the initial opener? I prefer to flat here in general because it's good for my range (which is going to be very pp heavy hence why it's good to have these nutted high card combos in there) I don't want to 3b fold such a good hand and I want to play single raised pots vs dominated Ax/Qx. That said, you can make an argument for 3betting I just didn't see one so I thought I'd point out that this isn't a good a default play.

Bet fold flop now. I'd generally give a reg credit for having value hands in their range when our range is so strong/nutted. I mean, I don't really care if they bluff like QJs here because it's a terrible bluff, vs me anyway (as a function of having a polarized 3b range).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2011, 05:51:01 PM by Patonius2000 » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »

I mean, I don't really care if they bluff like QJs here because it's a terrible bluff, vs me anyway (as a function of having a polarized 3b range being a massive station).

Tongue

Pugwashed

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »

He can have flush draws and random bluffs. His value range is super narrow and we have a blocker to AA and he probably doesn't flat these pre very often. I probably don't fold here. Do you think he's loose enough to be flatting 55/44 pre?
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2011, 10:55:15 PM »

I don't think i would ever fold the flop. If he does have a mid-pair, calling will slow him down with such small stack to pot ratio's and nearly every turn cards hurts him. Likewise if he has a FD your ahead, should a Diamond land on the turn you will still have outs to improve and theres a reasonable chance he bluffs pure airballs like 78s no diamonds.

@whollyflush on twitter
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2011, 02:13:21 PM »

I don't think i would ever fold the flop. If he does have a mid-pair, calling will slow him down with such small stack to pot ratio's and nearly every turn cards hurts him. Likewise if he has a FD your ahead, should a Diamond land on the turn you will still have outs to improve and theres a reasonable chance he bluffs pure airballs like 78s no diamonds.

If you think he's airballing the flop enough to continue with the hand and not following through ott/riv then shouldn't you just ship it to stop him realising 20%? If you flat are you calling allin on diamond turns?
piestack

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2011, 05:57:39 PM »

not worth shoving as he is never folding any pp which as stated is clearly most of his range. don't know why you don't want to fold.
shipitonetime

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2011, 10:56:44 AM »

Some interesting comments here, thanks a lot guys! I guess the reason I didn't like folding was that I just found it hard to give villain credit for the top of his range here. Reading some of ur comments have highlighted why he might do so, I just thought it was unlikely given his high 3b % / 4b%. My experience of 100nl is that regs dont take this line v often with a huge hand.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2011, 05:01:57 AM »

I think villain has a hand like TT-AA here a lot, played it funky, but I wish to wager I am correct. Flatting here is definately suicidal, its just one of those annoying folds you have to make, esp playing vs a 'bad' reg (kingh0lli). Credit here that he knows you know he is repping basically nothing, so it's an interesting line to take, if he perceives you as a player who will know this, it seems kinda bad, because he just has to have a value hand here (also noting you have the  ), he has a big pp a large %.
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2011, 11:35:45 AM »

In 2007 this would have been a slam-dunk shove
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2011, 12:02:41 PM »

In 2007 this would have been a slam-dunk shove

those were the days eh old boy thumbs up

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: