blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:09:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  My tennis betting diary
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: My tennis betting diary  (Read 67733 times)
Solaris

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2012, 12:32:38 PM »

I'm well aware this will most likely get absolutely zero interest. But in the spirit of it being a new year and therefore new start, I'd thought I'd give it a go and more importantly give those of you who'd love to see me lose a chance to have a good laugh at my expense.

I'm going to have a bankroll of 150 units. I will be betting 1 unit per match unless stated. I tend to bet the underdogs and will use this thread mainly for that. As a result I expect some fairly big swings as I will (obviously) more often than not be taking the bigger price.

The season has already started and much to my disgust I couldn't get my blackberry to post the thread last night. But as I am not a fan of aftertiming we'll have to ignore my earlier selections...

As the tennis season is 11 months long I decided a diary would be a good idea for me as it would ensure I remain professional and focused throughout and don't resort to giving up at any point etc.

There's three tournaments this week (Brisbane, Chennai and Doha) so plenty of betting opportunities.

Here we go...

Chennai:

Kavcic @ 6/5 v Darcis
Pospisil @ 6/4 to win 2-0 in sets v Beck

Doha:

Youzhny @ 5/6 v Gulbis
Stakhovsky   @ 11/8 v Karlovic
Matthias Bachinger to win 2-0 in sets v Bautista-Agut

Will add more later.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 01:21:54 PM »

Im interested   Smiley as I do follow tennis in a fashion

The only thing I would say with a post like this and a starting points stake of 150 is that its better to vary the staking amount based on how much you fancy the selection & value etc

But hey its your thread   Smiley

Good Luck 
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »

Im interested   Smiley as I do follow tennis in a fashion

The only thing I would say with a post like this and a starting points stake of 150 is that its better to vary the staking amount based on how much you fancy the selection & value etc

But hey its your thread   Smiley

Good Luck  

Most definitely will be doing that, just wanted to make it clear for those who like to follow that my default bet is 1 unit unless stated otherwise.

As for the thread, forgot to put in the odds for Bachinger to win 2-0 in sets (was 11/8).

Chennai:

Kavcic @ 6/5 v Darcis LOST
Pospisil @ 6/4 to win 2-0 in sets v Beck LOST - 1 unit

Doha:

Youzhny @ 5/6 v Gulbis
Stakhovsky   @ 11/8 v Karlovic LOST - 1 unit (7-6 to Ivo in the third set - very frustrating!)
Matthias Bachinger to win 2-0 in sets v Bautista-Agut WON + 1.38 units

Will update my bets in this post.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:27:32 PM by Solaris » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 02:57:57 PM »

Cool

Im with you on a few...Are you using Betfair /oddschecker for your prices ?
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:05:31 PM »

Cool

Im with you on a few...Are you using Betfair /oddschecker for your prices ?

Oddschecker then just deposited a bunch of money on various sites and will take the best price available. My account got banned on betfair so don't particularly fancy paying all that commission again.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2012, 03:13:57 PM »

My account got banned on betfair

was it for botting?  how much was in the account, around £1000 perhaps?
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2012, 03:16:42 PM »

Strange...non helpful post .......
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2012, 03:21:45 PM »

wasn't meant to be helpful - just an obv bad joke

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 03:24:47 PM »

Are you researching the games at all or just backing underdogs when you fancy a bet?  Will  you be following the live games on Eurosport etc when they are on?  Do you intend to trade your way to riches or will it be match bets only?

I quite like tennis and wish I had more time to follow it.

Good luck Smiley

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 03:27:24 PM »

Good Luck 

I'm interested in the thinking behind that statement. I mean, either you think you're backing a winner or you don't.

Fully prepared to have my mind changed BTW...

The older I get, the better I was.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 03:28:15 PM »

Not a bad joke at all, I lolled, & I imagine many others did, too!

I would imagine that Fraser missed all that Betfair palaver with the dodgy Account, he's generally up for a laugh, at least, he is in real life.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 03:31:04 PM »

Not a bad joke at all, I lolled, & I imagine many others did, too!

I would imagine that Fraser missed all that Betfair plaver with the dodgy Account, he's generally up for a laugh, at least, he is in real life.

I am I am...hence my comment ignorant of the facts   Smiley
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »

Good Luck 

I'm interested in the thinking behind that statement. I mean, either you think you're backing a winner or you don't.

To do with value.
If I said I'd pay you 2/1 on rolling an even number on a fair die you might have £1 on it.
If I told you I'd pay you 10/1 for the same thing you might want to bet a bit more as it was such a good opportunity.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 03:31:35 PM »

Good Luck 

It's a matter of degree, Tom, as to how much we fancy our selection may or may not succeed.

If we think it is a good price, & has a squeak, we bet small, if we think it's nailed on, we bet bigger.

A very good friend of mine - yours too, in fact - did the opposite. If he found a very long shot that he fancied, he'd bet bigger - very big, but he just bet small on selections at tighter prices. He went skinto, of course.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Solaris

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 03:34:45 PM »

Are you researching the games at all or just backing underdogs when you fancy a bet?  Will  you be following the live games on Eurosport etc when they are on?  Do you intend to trade your way to riches or will it be match bets only?

I quite like tennis and wish I had more time to follow it.

Good luck Smiley

Definitely do my research. Tennis is second behind football for me, but as a betting option it is a far greater way of making money. I envy those with the time and commitment to making money at football - it's just not for me. Think there are far too many variables in football compared to tennis.

The other thing is that for nigh on 11 months you have betting opportunities almost every single day. How can you not enjoy it?!

I'm in between jobs right now (start my new job on the 18th of Jan) and as a result am not too cash rich so in-play trading is on the back burner for now. I will definitely start in-play trading once I can and will include it in this thread (I'll post the odds and include the match score at the moment I'm doing it).

Still feel I can make a good profit solely from match bets and I'll be sure to separate my match bet P+L and my in-running P+L.

I watch the matches on whichever platforms are available be they Sky/Eurosport or online streams.

doubleup - that made me lol tbf. Doubt I would be had I had any money on the race though!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 05:35:35 PM by Solaris » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: