blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:17:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 959618 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4005 on: September 06, 2016, 04:48:24 PM »

Virgin air mile reward seat sale now on.  Ends 22nd Sept.

Includes Premium too.  Spelling it out, assuming you have zero miles:

Econ = £650 incl tax
Prem = £1150-£1200 incl tax

If you spend more than that on a cash fare, you are probably doing it wrong.

Simon,

Not exactly Vegas, but a question if you don't mind.

What would I expect to pay, & by what means (miles/cash/miles or cash) for a return flight to New York in PE? I currently have 63,000 miles.

Generally, when I try to use miles, or miles + cash, there are vey few available flights. Cash only, there are plenty, of course.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4006 on: September 06, 2016, 05:39:34 PM »

Premium to JFK would be 38.5k miles +~£450 airport tax.  That's going to be your nut way of paying, book by 22nd Sept, but the earlier the better as others will surely look to do the same. A brief phone call to Virgin similar to last time (assuming this is a trip with the better half) is the way to go.  They can check if they have 2x P.E's available.  If so, you have a shortfall of ~14k miles to buy, but using the buy miles 30% offer at the moment, that would still be very good value.

2x P.E seats = 77k miles
2x airport tax ~ £900
Buy 11k miles +3.3k bonus = £180

So your miles + ~£550pp for round trip in Premium, seems hard to beat imo.

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #4007 on: September 06, 2016, 05:59:23 PM »

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/virgin-atlantic-airways-flying-club/1737941-stuart_f-s-guide-upgrading-vs-flights-using-flying-club-points.html

Has a handy tip on how to find dates where reward seats are available.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4008 on: September 06, 2016, 06:09:33 PM »

Nice to see that I'm not the only saddo Smiley

A couple of points though... when you search for reward seats and it shows you red silver and purple available (i.e. all cabins) often when you click on that and go to next step, you will find that actually, some of those cabins aren't available after all.  And in some cases where there is only 1 seat (common in Upper) if you muff up your own booking, come out and back in, you'll find the seat has "gone" as it has been held for 10-15 minutes, but should be available again if you leave it 15mins+ and try again (or don't muff it in the first place.)

For most, if you want to fly premium, the best option,, in terms of getting messed around, let down at the airport, etc etc is to simply book a reward seat in premium.  Job done.

If you have the time and inclination, you can toy with buying a econ cash fare+use miles to upgrade, miles+cash fare for premium, and you might get better. Of all the times I have tinkered with it, the best deal has been to just use miles to book in the cabin you want to fly.  I still look though... worth 2 mins to save £100+

The biggest misuse is people paying £1200+ to walk on to economy.  even for those with no miles in their account, I have shown ^^^ how you can still do it for <£650 by using reward seat sales and buy miles sales.

Machka

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4009 on: September 06, 2016, 11:29:39 PM »

....TR....

Where did you have dinner?

Tell me more about flowrider, not seen or tried it (altho not sure I want to now...)

I'm not fussy about eating so one evening we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings and the next night at Denny's as my son wanted to go to all the places he'd heard of but never visited.  Both were good enough for me but my opinion on food doesn't really count.

The flowrider is one of the surfing simulators you seem to see on cruise liners these days, it's on the 6th floor by the pools and cost $50 for 30 minutes.  30 minutes is plenty of time and you can expect to get battered when you fall.

How it looks when a pro does it.

How it looks when I do it.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4010 on: September 08, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »

Inside Sheldon Adelson’s plan to build an NFL stadium in Las Vegas for the Raiders

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-inside-sheldon-adelsons-plan-to-build-an-nfl-stadium-in-las-vegas-151026939.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4011 on: September 08, 2016, 06:51:36 PM »

I still don't have a team to support.... this might seal it

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #4012 on: September 09, 2016, 01:19:15 PM »

$1.9 billion

wow

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4013 on: September 09, 2016, 02:24:51 PM »

I still don't have a team to support.... this might seal it

Just need to get the NFL to put a few games on in June Grin

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4014 on: September 10, 2016, 11:27:20 AM »

Mention was made a while back that Norwegian Air were starting flights from Gatters to Las Vegas to utilise their nice new Dreamliner 787's. 

Gill was - as always - perusing travel deals yesterday, & spotted this one - Norwegian prices to Las Vegas starting from £239.

No such thing as a free dinner of course, & I expect there is a downside, maybe 2 passengers per seat or whatever, but it seems well cheap to me.

http://www.norwegian.com/uk/destinations/las-vegas/

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4015 on: September 10, 2016, 11:30:05 AM »

Mention was made a while back that Norwegian Air were starting flights from Gatters to Las Vegas to utilise their nice new Dreamliner 787's. 

Gill was - as always - perusing travel deals yesterday, & spotted this one - Norwegian prices to Las Vegas starting from £239.

No such thing as a free dinner of course, & I expect there is a downside, maybe 2 passengers per seat or whatever, but it seems well cheap to me.

There is a downside.

That's the one way price Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4016 on: September 10, 2016, 11:31:56 AM »

There is a downside.

That's the one way price Smiley

I had worked that out, yes......

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #4017 on: September 10, 2016, 11:32:53 AM »

By the time you pay for a bag, and food, and a seat reservation, it works out at about £600 return. Nice, but not as nice as it looks.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4018 on: September 10, 2016, 11:44:40 AM »

Went on norweigian to norway last year.  Was a nice plane and you got free wifi.  Long long way from ryanair as budget airlines go.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4019 on: September 10, 2016, 11:54:29 AM »

Went on norweigian to norway last year.  Was a nice plane and you got free wifi.  Long long way from ryanair as budget airlines go.

I remember those photos you posted from Norway.

Probably better to respond on my Diary rather than sidetrack this valuable thread, but be interested in feedback generally as it looks like we are going to Bergen soon on a sort of planes/trains & boats thing. Quite excited.

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 266 267 [268] 269 270 271 272 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: