blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952235 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 02:31:08 AM »

Great info guys cheers for posting.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 02:14:06 PM »

Good point about worth mentioning the room/tower type too.

"I stayed in Caesars Palace and the room was great"

Quite possibly the case if you stayed in Octavius or Augustus Tower, but very unlikely if you stayed in one of the original Towers.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 02:25:46 PM »

Quite possibly the case if you stayed in Octavius or Augustus Tower, but very unlikely if you stayed in one of the original Towers.

I had a mini-suite/premium room (they're called different things in different places) in the Palace Tower and that was great.

I would be less confident about the standard rooms in the older towers, but it's not like they just let them rot away - they do occasionally refurbish the older parts of the property.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 02:41:23 PM »

If you are a fan of ta tas there is a New strippers which opened last year called Larry flynt's Hustlers. One of the best i have ever been to and i have been to a lot!!! Only problem is it says closes at 9am and i think we got kicked out at about 6ish which was a bit tilting, but they chuck you in a courtesy limo which is alright. When you have a slash the girls in the bathroom wash your hands for you, which is a nice touch.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 02:57:33 PM by milligan84 » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »

Yeah my bad, I was in the Augustus and will amend Cheesy

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2012, 11:16:17 AM »

keep it coming guys, I'm researching for a potential Vegas/San Fran trip next year.

I need all the info I can get my hands on please.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 12:00:05 PM »

Over the years I have migrated more off strip and taking a room/suite with a kitchenette (enough to make smoothies, fridge full of cold drinks, toast, juice etc)

As always, it will depend on who is trying to sell the best room at the best price (and to some extent, how my year goes)

The suites that are on the shortlist include the 1bdr at Westgate Towers and wraparound suite at Cosmo, decent offers on both available.

Click to see full-size image.

That said, I never say never, and if a ridiculous bargain comes up (say TI for <$50 av or Trump for $80 av) (which have been done in the past) then that would also be very possible.  Trump in particular is a fantastic room, massive bathroom, decent area, fridge/coffee/blender/toaster etc.  The only downside is the short walk offstrip. (Oh, and ofc it has Trump's name on it..)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 12:01:37 PM by Simon Galloway » Logged

Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2012, 01:12:30 PM »

Quick question... Hopefully someone knows. Does the Luxor have Wi-Fi in their rooms? My Mum and Dad are going tomorrow and wondered whether they should take the iPad.

Google/Trip Advisor seems to suggest no, though wondered if anyone has stayed there recently?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:17:10 PM by Gamblor21 » Logged

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2012, 01:14:23 PM »

I don't know about the Luxor, but there is a lot of public wifi on the strip so it wouldn't necessarily matter either way

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2012, 01:15:53 PM »

Quick question... Hopefully someone knows. Does the Luxor have Wi-Fi in there rooms? My Mum and Dad are going tomorrow and wondered whether they should take the iPad.

Google/Trip Advisor seems to suggest no, though wondered if anyone has stayed there recently?

Pretty much all the hotels, I would be highly surprised if they don't but you will probably have to pay for it. You sometimes randomly find free wifi's around town you can log on to.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 01:19:40 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Gamblor21

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2012, 01:38:57 PM »

I don't know about the Luxor, but there is a lot of public wifi on the strip so it wouldn't necessarily matter either way

That is what I've said to them. I've had Wi-Fi in most rooms in Vegas, though they all still have the ethernet cable in the rooms. You have to pay the resort fee, that includes the internet so if it is there they'll get it. It's the first time they've been, not gamblers but will go to shows meals etc and look at the sites. Fingers crossed they like it, my Sister and I have been telling them to go.

Hear me knocking... Let me in then!
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2012, 09:01:04 PM »

I've been to Vegas 7 times and stayed at a variety of places (some of which have now been demolished)

Last year I paid less than £500 for my wife and I to stay in the Venetian for 7 nights and it was awesome.

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »

Maybe this should be in a separate thread, but does anybody have any thoughts about getting a US Sim card? I spent a fortune calling back to the wife last time I was out there - the in room wifi was too poor to Skype, and it would have been a pain having to be there to do it anyway. I've seen various websites selling them, but wondering if anyone had any experience - recommend one where you may be calling UK from US, and be reasonable for incoming calls the other way.

If you can get one with a reasonable data rate while in US, that would be a bonus too. I'm back in the US for 2 weeks in October, with family, so something I can top up for the second trip would be cool.

Vegas with 3 mates end of March - 4 nights at Mirage.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2012, 11:30:46 PM »

Reading this makes me want to go even more

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2012, 11:35:56 PM »

For the APAT in Vegas last year there was some discussion about sim cards - this link was mentioned but I can't tel you any more.

http://www.simcardguru.co.uk/product/sim-cards-for-the-united-states/t-mobile-usa-pay-as-you-go-mobile-phone-sim-card
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: