blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:15:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952108 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: February 03, 2013, 12:55:37 PM »

Imo the BA Heath flight is better than Virgin Gatwick for the following reasons...

Heathrow easier to get to for most
Later leaving time means no early-morning start
Later arrival time means just sort room out and crash
Better entertainment system
Better food
Virgin from Gatwick is ok though eh? Apparently my plane will have an upstairs!

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #721 on: February 03, 2013, 12:59:38 PM »

Imo the BA Heath flight is better than Virgin Gatwick for the following reasons...

Heathrow easier to get to for most
Later leaving time means no early-morning start
Later arrival time means just sort room out and crash
Better entertainment system
Better food
Virgin from Gatwick is ok though eh? Apparently my plane will have an upstairs!

same for me! first time on a double decker!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: February 03, 2013, 02:16:01 PM »

Are you in the upstairs though?

Upstairs on the Virgin flight is pretty sweet - you're barely aware there is a rest of the plane and can treat it as flying to the US on a 40 seat plane instead of 400.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: February 03, 2013, 02:19:14 PM »

Upstairs on the Virgin flight is pretty sweet - you're barely aware there is a rest of the plane and can treat it as flying to the US on a 40 seat plane instead of 400.

Upstairs on the BA Heathrow flight can be treated as flying to the US on a 20 seat plane.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: February 03, 2013, 02:50:15 PM »

lol at all the pro BA posts, used to go on BA loads but Virgin Atlantic are fine used them since 2007 and no regrets, last trip 'plane had been refurbed and "entertainment" was fine, food was above average and got extra leg room seats without having to pay supplement (helps if you talk nicely to staff at airport I find).

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: February 03, 2013, 03:11:35 PM »

Going to try and book in upstairs, chap on the phone recommended going on at the minute I can book in (90 days before) and getting upstairs.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 03, 2013, 04:13:11 PM »

Flew BA in 2011, Heathrow much better to get to for me down in deepest Dorset and the flight time was much more appealing, but the return flight time being 9pm was annoying.

I much prefer to checkout of the hotel and head to the airport on the last day, you can hardly go on the lash when you have to be at the airport at 6/7pm...

BA's Prem Ec wasn't as good as Virgin's either imo and that's even before the refurbs which Virgin are probably near completing and not considering that Virgin >> BA for me.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 03, 2013, 08:00:38 PM »

Choosing hotels is harder than I had first thought!  Despite only staying for one night, then another two (maybe three) at the end of my stay, it's mind boggling the amount of options.  I'm guessing that it doesn't really matter where I'm staying as it's for such a short period, but I don't want to drop any howlers.  

Ideally I want to be central strip so we can look about easy enough, I'd like a card room within easy access in case I can get a game in, and I'd like it to be clean and family friendly so was thinking of

1st night - Flamingo, cheap, only staying one night, can get a FAB DELUXE DOUBLE QUEEN for $80.    Nice and central, don't want to spend too much on a single night stop over hotel as we'll hardly be there.
Last couple of nights - was looking at Ballys, can get a North Tower Deluxe 2 Queens for $160 for the two nights,  cheap again but also central. I don't mind paying a bit more but thought this was a good offer?  It's also opposite where we see our CdS show, handy

Actually, I could just stay at Ballys twice, at least I'll know the layout. 

Looks ok doesn't it? Don't want to make a really bad mistake!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:03:30 PM by Silo Graham » Logged

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 03, 2013, 08:06:03 PM »

Step away from the computer!!

Fab for $80 is a howler.

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 03, 2013, 08:07:05 PM »

That's horrible. When are you going?
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 03, 2013, 08:13:35 PM »

lol ok Cheesy  Is it that bad?

Single night 21st July, then back again for 2 nights on 31st July and 1st Aug, we fly out 2nd Aug.  I'll have another look later
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:16:41 PM by Silo Graham » Logged

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 03, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »

I'd probably just book Ballys twice, you're only a short walk from Bellagio/Caesars and Aria

Use code IBFFP which is the 2nd link on this page http://www.smartervegas.com/hotels/ballys/promotionalcodes.aspx and you get all 3 nights @ $69 a night for the North Tower Deluxe with 2 Queens.

Only a little cheaper than straight through the website, but should pay for some coffees in the morning from the cart on the way out Smiley

Comes out $94 on IBFNF and $99 on IBRT3

« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 08:29:46 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 03, 2013, 08:41:56 PM »

As I understand it...

1) you are with kid(s)
2) you have booked premium economy (as you are looking to get upstairs on the flight)

Flamingo or Ballys just doesn't make any sense.  I mean if you want to stay there because they are $50 a night, ok.  But for $80 a night, you could definitely stay in better.  And for a little bit more, considerably better.  You are going on a Sunday night in July, and then a Weds/Thurs in July/Aug.  Absolutely prime offer territory imo.

A batch of decent offer codes recently expired, so I'd expect more to hit soon.  The ones that are there, some are offering $75 food discount etc.  As the next wave of offers comes out, I imagine there will be some very nice 5* stuff in range. 

So rather than Ballys for $160, I'd be looking to get Aria or something for $235 and $75 food discount.  Ignoring RF, it would be the same $$.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 03, 2013, 08:51:10 PM »

Yes to the kids but no to the PE, there's 4 rows of normal economy up there, the chap recommended getting online and booking them the minute they open the flight up for booking in.  I don't want to be cheap especially, just didn't seem much point in spending lots for the single night when we'll dump our bags, go look round, probably crash early and take off the next morning.    $235 for the Aria would be great, whilst I don't want to spend a fortune, I don't mind $250-$300 for the last couple of nights.   

Will wait a while and see when the next codes come though thanks, that's a good idea.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 03, 2013, 09:00:57 PM »

Yes to the kids but no to the PE, there's 4 rows of normal economy up there, the chap recommended getting online and booking them the minute they open the flight up for booking in.  I don't want to be cheap especially, just didn't seem much point in spending lots for the single night when we'll dump our bags, go look round, probably crash early and take off the next morning.    $235 for the Aria would be great, whilst I don't want to spend a fortune, I don't mind $250-$300 for the last couple of nights.   

Will wait a while and see when the next codes come though thanks, that's a good idea.

Learnt something new today . Just reserved seats on flight back "upstairs" just for the novelty factor Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: