blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:27:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 957250 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 03, 2013, 09:31:33 PM »

hmmm
If I go to Vegas Nov, think i'll be going on BA service from gatwick, fk having to spend 2 extra hours on a plane.
Was wondering why BA and Virgin were scheduled to arrive at the same time in Vegas from Gatwick, this little divert will avoid that

Go BA from Heathrow.

Better facilities and it's a 747 rather than a 777.

I live on the south coast, bout 45 mins from Gatwick, never using Heathrow.
If virgin keep that divert to Manchester though I will use BA from Gatwick.

Silo, defo check as soon as the seats open, either get the new economy seats upstairs or the first few rows downstairs of economy. Getting off the plane quick is essential. Immigration is very slow in the states, and the new terminal 3 seems slower than terminal 2 was. With the new BA flight arriving at the same time, you could literally save hours being near the front of the immigration queue.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 04, 2013, 10:29:57 AM »

No one books north tower at ballys! Book south tower and 20 dollar trick at check in, the min upgrade you will get is north tower and for 1/2 nights chances are you do a lot better.
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 04, 2013, 10:49:41 AM »

Good site for checking seat layouts.

http://www.seatguru.com/

I like to get off the aircraft as quick as possible,as said before,US immigration lines can be brutal.It wasn't so bad at the old terminal but if your at the back of economy it could take over 90mins to get through.I'am flying today arriving at terminal 3 for the first time so I will see what it's like.I think my record from exiting the plane to having the hotel key in my hand is 40mins.

Airline wise I'am biased as I work for BA but agree the late flight back to LHR is annoying if you cannot get a late checkout,three of us going today so we've kept one of the rooms on an extra night to get cleaned up just before departure.I love flying on the 747 and I'am lucky enough to get upgraded to business most times as I've done 25 years,but if your going from LGW the BA 777 fleet have a new type of economy seat which is a massive upgrade from the old ones,I think 95% of the fleet has been done.
   Hotels-I have got 5 nights in Paris for £238 and will be shooting for an upgrade,I just like to be center strip when playing poker to keep my options open.I have stopped in most of the mid tier hotels on the strip PH,Mirage,Caesars,Harrahs,Flamingo and MGM and got upgraded in most just by asking nicely then leaving a tip,PH  was a real score as I got a big suite but in reality I barely spend any time in the room so it's not a big deal.If you've got anyone on your trip who works in the travel industry or is a copper/armed services there are discounts galore just ring the hotel and enquire.For instance a flight to the grand canyon was only $38 or a nice percentage of car hire which is dirt cheap anyway.

shy bairns get nowt
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 04, 2013, 11:52:53 AM »

Taxi-ing into terminal 3 takes forever. Keep an eye on the taxi driver. Seemed to be a long route out of the airport when I used terminal 3. wasn't sure if the driver being creative or if terminal 3 just in a crappy position.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 04, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »

No one books north tower at ballys! Book south tower and ask nicely at check in, the min upgrade you will get is north tower and for 1/2 nights chances are you do a lot better.

fyp

I noticed how keen Bally's were to upgrade people, so I tried the $20 trick without the $20, worked perfectly.

To be honest I think Ballys is a great budget hotel to stay at because as far as I can tell you'll either get the newer tower with the better rooms or the older tower with the brilliant views - it seems like it's hard to lose.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 04, 2013, 01:15:54 PM »

No one books north tower at ballys! Book south tower and ask nicely at check in, the min upgrade you will get is north tower and for 1/2 nights chances are you do a lot better.

fyp

I noticed how keen Bally's were to upgrade people, so I tried the $20 trick without the $20, worked perfectly.

To be honest I think Ballys is a great budget hotel to stay at because as far as I can tell you'll either get the newer tower with the better rooms or the older tower with the brilliant views - it seems like it's hard to lose.

Good hotel for location and soft cash play, but never stayed in such a smelly place. 2 days was enough
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #741 on: February 04, 2013, 01:17:36 PM »

This $20 trick...if you're going for 2 weeks, should you double it up?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
cdw1111
sandancer

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 04, 2013, 01:23:42 PM »

As Vegas fills up dramatically on weekends getting upgrades at hotels become harder,two weeks I think you would struggle but I've never tried as I normally just go for 5-6 days at a time.

shy bairns get nowt
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 04, 2013, 01:38:06 PM »

Won't stop me from asking, of course Wink

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 05, 2013, 09:25:45 AM »

Graham,

Some offers starting to trickle in...

21st July Paris = $57+tax (no RF)

Not saying thats the best offer or thats where you shoudl stay, just for perspective on what sort of value $80 for Ballys is like.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 05, 2013, 09:39:47 AM »

Paris looks nice, thanks for that.  I'll give it a couple more weeks or so and see what comes in in the mean time.    Will post before booking though!

Thanks for all the other tips too, certainly helpful to know.  Hopefully I won't be queuing to get in the country for hours.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 05, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »

fyp

Good hotel for location and soft cash play, but never stayed in such a smelly place. 2 days was enough

The only place that smell bothered me was the stale cigarette smell in the IP.

Having said that I have an absolutely terrible sense of smell, which in this case might be quite a handy disability to be able to appreciate the budget places a bit more Cheesy

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 05, 2013, 03:05:40 PM »

Just got back from a long weekend in Vegas  got offered a lift to airport at cab rates by a guy in a Cadillac eldorado = a big 4x4 vehicle ,next time u want a lift from airport or anywhere here's his number

Mike 702-666-3892 It's a mobile so I don't know what code u put in it was a2011 model black and immaculate and he was a nice guy so look after him pic on my face book page
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: February 05, 2013, 08:19:30 PM »

A weekend in Vegas warts n all is here

http://www.krackedkings.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=76761
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 05, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »

I got Thursday to Monday flying with virgin staying at nugget ( my choice ) all others are available from e bookers . Com booked it last Tuesday 750£ 675£ if 2 people went well worth a look if you fancy a quick zoom out n play a few Venetian deepstacks
Virgin website wanted 990£ for flight alone !
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: