blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 08:02:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 958589 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4080 on: November 12, 2016, 05:56:59 PM »

Travelling 4th to 11th September 2017 with the mrs looking for any must do/see things.

We are staying at Encore any good?

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: November 12, 2016, 06:24:52 PM »

Travelling 4th to 11th September 2017 with the mrs looking for any must do/see things.

standard stuff like a cirque du soleil show, grand canyon tour is a must! we saw elton john and loved it, theres so much to do

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: November 12, 2016, 06:41:32 PM »

Encore is great, and one of vloggers I watch says that the poker room is his joint favourite, with Aria.

Le Reve @ Wynn is superb, and plenty of good restaurants in both properly.

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: November 15, 2016, 02:09:04 PM »

Cheers guys - I really want to see Penn and Teller I guess they should be running at that time of year?

Also any other magic/illusion shows worth taking in?

I think I want to plan a decent trip with 2 or 3 things in each day for 4 of the days and then just let the other parts fall into place for something spontaneous. 

Are any of the gun places worth going to?  quite fancy blasting off some rounds as well and the Mrs has said she is interested in that. 
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: November 15, 2016, 02:14:29 PM »

Cheers guys - I really want to see Penn and Teller I guess they should be running at that time of year?

Also any other magic/illusion shows worth taking in?

I think I want to plan a decent trip with 2 or 3 things in each day for 4 of the days and then just let the other parts fall into place for something spontaneous. 

Are any of the gun places worth going to?  quite fancy blasting off some rounds as well and the Mrs has said she is interested in that. 

Mac King at Harrah's for an afternoon show I hear is very good. TripAdvisor very complimentary.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: November 15, 2016, 09:27:19 PM »

I've not seen any magic shows personally but I can make thousands of dollars disappear in just a few days.

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: November 15, 2016, 09:56:55 PM »

Love Wynn/Encore.

Get a high floor, the night club noise is pretty bad at weekends (can be 4 days?) low down.

The Wynn buffet is v good.  Midweek breakfast is my favourite

I am crap at sleeping over there, so get up early and go for a swim.  Nothing better than getting the whole Encore pool to youself at 8am.  Feel like one of those bourgeois millionaire bastards for the morning.  Drinks service is going to be pretty good if you are the only one there for your coffee/oj.  Terrance point cafe is pretty good straight after your swim.  Get a table outside before it is too hot.  I am a night person normally, but love mornings in vegas.

Food at red8 is very good if you like chinese.  Duck the overpriced rice and have noodles/soup/dimsum.

Abc stores in Fashion show mall is ok if you want to avoid overpaying for water/coke etc.  Few places to eat there too.

Playing poker at the encore is pretty good.  Play 1/3 and the standard isn't great and you get free proper drinks (and not just cheap stuff).  Am assuming it is like the old wynn poker room here. 

Don't know much about the clubs, but if you go, you need $$$$$$s. 

People rave about SW steakhouse, but somehow managed to avoid it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: November 16, 2016, 12:12:39 AM »

Andrew Neeme, who is a Vegas pro that does vlogs says that the new poker room is his joint favourite in Vegas, along with  Aria.

They're really good actually, and he seems like a very nice guy.

Jake Cody has just jumped into this as well, and did his 'pilot' a couple days ago.

They seem to be catching on, and a few people are starting to do them.

Ransom

View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: November 21, 2016, 05:33:03 AM »

Andrew Neeme, who is a Vegas pro that does vlogs says that the new poker room is his joint favourite in Vegas, along with  Aria.

They're really good actually, and he seems like a very nice guy.

Jake Cody has just jumped into this as well, and did his 'pilot' a couple days ago.

When I'm gearing up for Las Vegas/WSOP, I always watch TheTrooper on Youtube.

Gets me right in the mood every time.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: November 21, 2016, 06:42:58 AM »

Came across Andrew Neeme's by chance, and have discovered the others through that.

Trooper is a funny guy, but could probably do with spending a few days with Andrew to chill him out Grin

Definitely helping me pass the weeks, that's for sure.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: November 21, 2016, 08:36:08 AM »

I really enjoyed that, & I like Jake a lot.

But.........that frigging music made me want to kill myself.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: November 21, 2016, 02:17:08 PM »

He has a few of them up now, and has just returned to London in the last one.

I don't mind the music, but can see why some wouldn't like it.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: November 21, 2016, 04:59:57 PM »

Trooper's is an elongated car crash in progress.  I stopped watching it a long time ago ~ typical old-style player stuck in a time warp, complains there isn't enough time in a day... gets up at 1pm, stumbles out the door at 7pm... gets in a game at 11pm, plays for 2 hours, with 1hr 45 mins of coffee breaks and somehow jerks off 3 buyins.  Rinse and repeat until you get bored of the same news.

Andrew Neeme's seems pretty good, I wouldn't mind flopping like he does from time to time..... good blog though and seems to live a well balanced life.

Jake Cody's seems good so far.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: November 21, 2016, 05:18:53 PM »

Yeah, I've only been watching a few weeks, but that's a goot summary Cheesy

Drinks more coffee than me, and takes long breaks regularly once finally making it there.

He's done alright this week, but never going to hit his 100hrs in 2 weeks target for the promo.

mumblesrock

View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: November 24, 2016, 12:54:38 AM »

Some advice please, just bagged a direct flight from Gatwick with Virgin for a very reasonable £393 departing 31st may for 2 weeks.

As I am a Vegas virgin, I am not sure if a hotel on the strip verse downtown verses a villa rental is best??  Its a minefield out there so any advice is welcome.   
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 271 272 [273] 274 275 276 277 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: