blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:11:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952194 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5910 on: May 29, 2022, 10:16:03 PM »

I'm never going indirect again, with all the aggro and cancellations with short haul flights in the new world.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5911 on: May 29, 2022, 10:52:12 PM »

Don't think the SpaceyFCB spreadsheet has been postedthis year.  No harm done if it has.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1wWa2dt8aJQ-RXaOBXwSrC2-Hv79_CMaPLd1Ey4SdxAM/htmlview

We still need a covid test and proof of vaccination status to get in?  Can imagine my creaky old phone dying in USA immigration queues.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5912 on: May 29, 2022, 11:07:32 PM »

https://poker-schedule.com/

https://www.rainbowspuppiessunshine.com/pokercalc/tournaments.php

There are a couple of good sites to plan your summer.

At the moment we do, but I know there has been heavy pressure the last few weeks to get rid, as they're about the worst of all countries.

I just printed mine out before Xmas, so I had a paper copy if required.

Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #5913 on: May 31, 2022, 01:36:40 PM »

I'm never going indirect again, with all the aggro and cancellations with short haul flights in the new world.

Exactly how I see it.  At 5pm when you are stuck at a gate in Chicago and realise you could already be in Vegas if you'd paid the extra hundo..... shudder.

www.summerinvegas.com

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5914 on: May 31, 2022, 03:08:36 PM »

Exactly how I see it.  At 5pm when you are stuck at a gate in Chicago and realise you could already be in Vegas if you'd paid the extra hundo..... shudder.

www.summerinvegas.com

I did it for my Xmas trip, as it was £500 cheaper to fly back via LA, and the times of flight were better, too.

Lovely until I got a text from Delta as I was checking out of the Wynn to head to the airport saying the Vegas-LA flight was cancelled Cheesy

Clerk at Wynn says 'you need another night?'.

I thought they must have some deal for people with cancelled flights post-covid, and was obviously very happy. Then he told me the hotel was quite full and it would be over $1k!

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5915 on: May 31, 2022, 03:21:55 PM »

www.summerinvegas.com

Anyone know how old you have to be to qualify for 'seniors' events? Assuming it's 50?

Asking for a friend 

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5916 on: May 31, 2022, 03:29:00 PM »

The one I was specifically looking at was BA via Phoenix which is total flight time 13h 12 opposed to the 10h 40 for direct.

1h 2 transfer time seemed potentially a bit tight so what's the risk of missing the connecting flight? I assume they have to sort it if you book both legs as one flight but you could end up hanging around a bit?

This one actually gets you to Vegas more than 4 hours sooner but with the downside of having to drive down to London at about 4am......

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #5917 on: May 31, 2022, 03:49:05 PM »

The one I was specifically looking at was BA via Phoenix which is total flight time 13h 12 opposed to the 10h 40 for direct.

1h 2 transfer time seemed potentially a bit tight so what's the risk of missing the connecting flight? I assume they have to sort it if you book both legs as one flight but you could end up hanging around a bit?

This one actually gets you to Vegas more than 4 hours sooner but with the downside of having to drive down to London at about 4am......

Bear in mind that you clear customs and US border at the point of entry, so you should be concerned about that tight connection - even in Phoenix
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5918 on: May 31, 2022, 05:02:29 PM »

www.summerinvegas.com

Anyone know how old you have to be to qualify for 'seniors' events? Assuming it's 50?

Asking for a friend 

Think all/most are 50.   It usually tells you when you click on it.  I know the Venetian one on the 25th June is 50, researched that one for a friend. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5919 on: May 31, 2022, 08:55:59 PM »

We got here all ok no drama
Apart from me getting a bit canned up on free champagne in the virgin clubhouse
All documents relating to Covid were thoroughly checked at Heathrow and not one fk was given in vegas
Although we were told they are randomly checking odd people - however as we are just regular weird and not at all odd we were ok 😂😂
90-120 mins on the phone yesterday before I spoke to a human and we now fly back on July tenth
That’s the soonest seat availability in economy apparently after July 4 th
All monies declared in vegas no problem no drama 5-10 extra minutes and a thank you from border control
No explanation required very smooth n easy
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5920 on: May 31, 2022, 08:58:00 PM »

Off to register at ballys and play the 2 pm deep stack
But Kev maths has tweeted the 2 pm deepstack starts tomorrow ho hum I’ll play it when I bust the $2500 then
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5921 on: June 01, 2022, 10:19:32 AM »

Off to register at ballys and play the 2 pm deep stack
But Kev maths has tweeted the 2 pm deepstack starts tomorrow ho hum I’ll play it when I bust the $2500 then

gl gl. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5922 on: June 01, 2022, 10:22:32 AM »

An Upper Reward seat came on this morning going out on the 24th June.  Can confirm it is 58k points + £330 to update from economy delight.  Smiley  Get to try out the clubhouse at Heathrow for the first time.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5923 on: June 01, 2022, 11:08:38 AM »

An Upper Reward seat came on this morning going out on the 24th June.  Can confirm it is 58k points + £330 to update from economy delight.  Smiley  Get to try out the clubhouse at Heathrow for the first time.

Doobs, Esq.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #5924 on: June 01, 2022, 11:15:33 AM »

Good stuff Doobs. Don't forget the security fast track as well, for me that's an even better benefit than the clubhouse.

How did you find out about the ticket? I'm on seatspy but for some reason the alerts aren't working for me at the moment.

Pages: 1 ... 391 392 393 394 [395] 396 397 398 399 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: