blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 ... 407 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas Trip Information for anyone looking to go this year.  (Read 952437 times)
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5985 on: June 29, 2022, 10:52:11 AM »

wp Doobs!

The main thing I hate about BB ante is that when stacks are getting a little shorter and tables are breaking it becomes a lottery whether you end up paying two BBS when you move, or you could get lucky and get basically a free orbit. If you have a stack of let's say 10bb then that becomes a massive sweat. That is why I prefer button ante, but I think button ante isn't a thing anymore and for some reason bb ante won. I think of button ante as betamax and BB ante is VHS. Button ante is better but it didn't catch on.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5986 on: June 29, 2022, 02:47:58 PM »

43rd(?) for 6177.   With a tip took 6050.   Got quarted twice just before lunch by two players when best hand.  Had about 325k

Then fella 1 above pots from a 400k short stack 85k.  Fella 2 calls from about the same stack.  I have AK?4, suited ace with 230k already in, so shove and get 2 reluctant callers.   Think I am about 50% to triple up vs A234 and A235.  Can't beat a paired 3 on the flop despite a bunch of high cards and no low. 

Was really enjoyable with a good bunch of players all day.  need sleep

Pads is FT of the tag team.

Tremendous stuff David. What a brutal game it is when they both pair the 3 & no low comes. Everything about that sucks.

WP though, terrific news.

I wrote it down wrong.  It was A234 and A256.  Pokernews reported the cards correctly, though may have the suits wrong.  A234 guy hit a 3 and a flush draw on the flop, and don't think the other had a flush draw.  I might be wrong on that though, was more bothered about hitting my cards at the time.  I didn't mention previously but A234 guy had previously potted and called for all his chips with AJ75, I already had 50k in the pot, so I think it played itself.  Average was about 800k, which was where I was before getting quarted twice. 

Thanks for all the good wishes.  I am pretty sure I am going to play the super turbo knockout freezeout.  Sure it is a disgrace for a bracelet, but only have 2 days left, so it fits well.  It is a freezeout too, which is a plus.  I was thinking this through and I probably have a significantly higher amount of experience than most in that format.  Thanks Sky.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5987 on: June 29, 2022, 03:05:05 PM »

wp Doobs!

The main thing I hate about BB ante is that when stacks are getting a little shorter and tables are breaking it becomes a lottery whether you end up paying two BBS when you move, or you could get lucky and get basically a free orbit. If you have a stack of let's say 10bb then that becomes a massive sweat. That is why I prefer button ante, but I think button ante isn't a thing anymore and for some reason bb ante won. I think of button ante as betamax and BB ante is VHS. Button ante is better but it didn't catch on.

Thanks

I have never played button ante, but it feels like it would be beter. 

BB ante was v annoying on the bubble though.  I had 165k, played just 2 hands and paid the blinds on table 1.  Then moved down 2 tables and had paid them again before the bubble broke.  So I went from an average stack to a 80% average stack.  By contrast the fella on my right at the new table paid nothing until it broke.  I think there was only 6 to go when we returned, so where the shorties were sat on the table decided which shorties cashed.  I don't think button ante solves this though, as you are going to pay the same if you go BB, SB, button to start your day?

I do think it would have been better to announce we were breaking the bubble the night before, then shorties can see the BB is coming and would need to act accordingly and it isn't just randomness with button placement that decides which of the shorties cashed on day 2.  It would have been only another 10 minutes or so, so it wasn't like anybody would be massively inconvenienced.

I preferred having an ante vs not having one though.  It would have been way too painful if it was old school ante with all the old duffers who play plo8.  It rewarded aggression which is always going to suit me. 

FWIW It was the biggest plo8 field in my memory with around 1,200.  I don't think we broke 1,000 before when I have been there. So think that is going to be good for its chances of survival. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5988 on: June 29, 2022, 07:52:41 PM »

Button ante was ruled out quite simply because in poker you can have a dead button but never have a dead big blind.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5989 on: June 30, 2022, 02:12:55 AM »

Can't stress enough how much better it is to reg the day before.  Today the Bravo app broke, so the queue was 2.5 hours for a super turbo bounty.  Really should have walked away, but joined and got 3 bounties.

In other news I think Pads is heads up for a bracelet.   He is stood watching still so guessing so.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5990 on: June 30, 2022, 03:38:51 AM »

I broke even in the super turbo bounty hunter, victim of an ambitious call in a huge pot.

Just walked up and saw the end of Pads' heads up.  Was a flip, nonidea on stack sizes.  Won't spoil it as on poker go.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5991 on: June 30, 2022, 04:26:03 AM »

Spoiler

Given Jamie Kerstetter has announced.  Blonde's own $10 STT player is now the owner of a bracelet.  77 vs KJ all in pre.  Flop was A88 for more outs, but they bricked.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5992 on: June 30, 2022, 06:20:15 AM »

Great work, and unlucky for more, Doobs!

Congrats to BITB, too!

Was working or I'd have tried schlepping down on the scooter.

Hopefully get finished up early enough tonight and can go rail the 50k tomorrow to see Benny pick up his 5th Smiley

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #5993 on: June 30, 2022, 01:47:46 PM »

Button ante was ruled out quite simply because in poker you can have a dead button but never have a dead big blind.

people have said this to me, but you can have a hand with no small blind and nobody bats an eyelid. So why can't you just have no ante on the hands where the sb bust in the hand directly before.?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #5994 on: June 30, 2022, 04:55:37 PM »

people have said this to me, but you can have a hand with no small blind and nobody bats an eyelid. So why can't you just have no ante on the hands where the sb bust in the hand directly before.?

One person anteing was brought in I believe to speed the game up without reducing the pot sizes in tournaments, its a direct replacement for everybody anteing and dealers having to collect chips from every table.

I imagine this argument basically boils down to "its weird that only some hands have an ante and every hand should have an ante, just like every hand has to have a big blind" so therefore they went with big blind ante in order to stop your exact scenario happening.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5995 on: June 30, 2022, 08:11:06 PM »

Ah ffs.   Had picked up a tiny cough, maybe every hour or so for the last couple of days.  Was thinking it was just the aircon as wasn't really feeling unwell at all, other than general fatigue from long days and 4 hour sleeps.  Just felt a bit warmer/more clammy than normal this morning, so got an old covid test out.  And bang it is positive.   No other symptoms really, had my best sleep of the trip last night.

No surprise really, had those two people coughing away either side of me with some frequency the other day and feels kind of inevitable with everybody stuck together in 2 hour queues.  Going to have to let work know, switch flights and extend stay.   

Wish I hadn't tested now, but feels the responsibile thing to do. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5996 on: June 30, 2022, 11:10:25 PM »

Has anybody changed flights with Virgin due to Covid?  It seems impossible outside 8am to 8pm uk time. 

Have gone round their chatbots for half an hour.  Could try again tomorrow morning (UK) but leaving it late and don't want to be up all night.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #5997 on: July 01, 2022, 02:10:35 AM »

When you phone up use the upper option
They answer in 2 mins

We arrived 29 th may two weeks of negative testing then a negative at boots all went outta the window after visiting Paris ballroom for the opening ceremony
We both tested positive within ten days and felt like poo
Thankfully over it now
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5998 on: July 01, 2022, 02:54:12 AM »

When you phone up use the upper option
They answer in 2 mins

We arrived 29 th may two weeks of negative testing then a negative at boots all went outta the window after visiting Paris ballroom for the opening ceremony
We both tested positive within ten days and felt like poo
Thankfully over it now

Cheers Tony, did you have an issue with staying at the hotel? 

Got through to virgin Atlantic on twitter DM, but they ask me a question every so often and it has been a 3 hour conversation already!

It is a bit weird.  When my wife and daughter got it in January they were properly sick for 4/5 days before testing positive.  I felt fairly rotten then, but never tested positive despite a handful of tests. 

I have pretty much been fine, no sore throat, no loss of taste, just the odd cough every hour or so.  No coughing fits or anything like that.  It wasn't just a faint line either, it was a proper dark one.  Am guessing must have had it for a few days and just didn't realise.  Kind of glad I didn't arrange anything with Marky, or spend any time with Pads.  Was going to message Marky, which prompted me to test first. 

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #5999 on: July 01, 2022, 03:02:54 PM »

Hotel were fine with extending.  Someone is ringing me later to go through protocols, but know I will be getting contactless deliveries to the room.  No idea if the flight change is going through, nothing in my inbox this morning.  Mad that the Player's Championship has only just finished. 

Pages: 1 ... 396 397 398 399 [400] 401 402 403 404 ... 407 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: