blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:13:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476203 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 12, 2012, 04:49:48 AM »

Just made some notes so that I can do a report and my mind hasn't turned into mush by lunch.

Still really happy with the way I played, think tbh I should look to get backed for live stuff.  Might need some more work first, not sure.  

Either way, a couple of people from my tables came up to me after the AQ hand, said UL and they thought I crushed the game super hard today (with them in it) and that was nice.  Marc Goodwin seems great, added on FB.

Busted the biggest comp I've ever played after running great and playing awesome and somehow I don't have any chips or a seat into day2.... ? errrr what now?

Meh... I'm not even caring, just want to get back to grinding 25NL and get winning there.... then look to satellite into the next 'decent' live tournament.  

#seriouslylovingthegame!

Pictures attached for genuine degeneracy.... This is Adam Reynolds, Gary Banks, and Kourosh Radfar.... who decided to divert after we stopped at the service station at 2am.... Thanks lads... appreciate it with my 9am wakeup.
(I just don't understand slotties, they all did their bollux and loved it...?)

Then Adam's satnav didn't work and he's just come to my house and literally taken mine, saying he'll buy me a new one... sending me money online instead of driving it back. Lolz....
#ballinsoharditsridic
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 04:01:05 AM by jgcblack » Logged

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 12, 2012, 04:53:34 AM »

[ ] they noticed me taking the photos....

rbc_mike

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 12, 2012, 10:27:45 AM »

long time stalker of this diary, just thought I'd let you know that it's a great read, keep the in-depth trip reports coming and go and crush some more 25NL Smiley

Dying's for fools.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 12, 2012, 12:28:11 PM »

finally met you yesterday, was cool - you look exactly as much of a spewbox as I thought you would lol

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 12, 2012, 05:11:18 PM »

long time stalker of this diary, just thought I'd let you know that it's a great read, keep the in-depth trip reports coming and go and crush some more 25NL Smiley
Thanks.... In all seriousness, can each stalker please just post 1 comment... IT makes a MASSIVE difference to me when writing it to know people actually read it.

I am doing this for myself, so i have my own in depth thought processes when i look back, but it is a massive ++++ to me to know people read it. (not super confident in the ol' writing skills)

finally met you yesterday, was cool - you look exactly as much of a spewbox as I thought you would lol

Yes mate and you look exactly how i thought you would.... a super genius who's dressed by his mom and probably has a 3fig IQ with a 2 at the start, but I question you're ability to make beans on toast! pics or it didn't happen!
(would love to pic your brains sometime about basic beginnings in the O-game as i'd like to enter at the lowest stakes... but obv need to learn to play Holdem properly first.)

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: April 12, 2012, 06:22:49 PM »

Interesting diary John.   Shame our 1st table broke early yesterday  Wink
Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #291 on: April 12, 2012, 09:59:06 PM »

Great read so far, absolutely love it!!

Hopefully won't be too long now before I'm up in the big leagues with you.

[ ] had time to crush the 4NL tables this week...

Keep up the diary, I'll be tuning in for updates!!

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 13, 2012, 08:12:22 AM »

Currently in a service station after playing the best day of tournament poker in my life.  I made a mistake getting in AQ vs K10 aipf.. When the tilting dude limp jams 2x avg stack.

Obv I crush his range, but I dont need to risk my stack in this spot in future.. Obv deserved the win but when has that ever mattered. I literally crushed all my tables today and feel super good about my game going forward.. Few is tweaks here and there and I think I'll be crushing properly.... Tune of 5figs+

JB

Good to say hi on Wednesday John. Will do my best to avoid you at the tables and to say hi and chat away from them in future.

The AQ hand, a mistake?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 13, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »

Helllo - really enjoy reading this diary so keep it up!
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 13, 2012, 02:58:33 PM »

Currently in a service station after playing the best day of tournament poker in my life.  I made a mistake getting in AQ vs K10 aipf.. When the tilting dude limp jams 2x avg stack.

Obv I crush his range, but I dont need to risk my stack in this spot in future.. Obv deserved the win but when has that ever mattered. I literally crushed all my tables today and feel super good about my game going forward.. Few is tweaks here and there and I think I'll be crushing properly.... Tune of 5figs+ please.....

Trip report tomorrow obv.

Currently waiting for kosh, Gary and Reynolds to finish doing their bollux on the fruities...
[ ] I understand fruit machine gaming....

Fmfl.

JB
Play the one that some guy stuck £4 grand in tonight. Wtf is wrong with some peeps.
Err take that back about bandit players. Turns out it was most likely Paul Newey who has apperently has bought into the £million buy in game.  Lol hold my plums hit my nudge button

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2012, 01:56:24 AM »

UKIPT Trip Report

This is a strange one, this will be a report of the best played day of tournament poker in my life so far.  We ran good having lots of premiums - AAx 3, KKx 2, QQx 2, JJx 2, a bunch of AK/ AQ and AJ hands.... and we had two really good tables.  We did have good players on our tables, Kevin Iacofano being the best.  But we managed to crush him in most pots and generally took over to crush both tables.

However, I have 0 chips going into day 2.

So, how did this all happen, how did we get up to double average in level 4/5? how did we have 62% of the Day 1A chip lead? how did we bust........

(im going to try and condense this as much as possible, but you know that probably still means a 1000word report)

Day 1A - Wednesday 11 April 2012
We start on table 48, seat 3, arriving 30minutes late with fellow degenerates Kourosh Radfar, Adam Reynolds and Gary Banks.  We were late because apparently Adam can't follow a satnav and get to Kosh's house in MK in time.

Thanks to both Alex and Nicola from DTD for sorting out my entry, I used some online DTD seats and grouped them together along with cash to buy in.  Sounds like a sweet idea and I'll be doing that for the bigger comps if i can't satellite directly.

We get to the table and quickly find our table draw on blonde, then hendon mob the few we think might need it from first impressions.  Turns out we're correct and we have Kevin Iacofano two to our left, with Alan McBride on our direct left.  This is pretty sigh since Kevin looks like a solid winning MTT player, both live and online.. which could spell trouble for us down the line.  I know Alan reads this but I will be honest and say that I'm not that fussed with him having position on me as I know he won't mess with me enough to make it a problem.  He knows I can turn up with a hand, sometimes.. but he just won't abuse me enough imho.  Other than this we have two players to our right I'm not really sure about, one seems weak-passive-bad and the other tight-aggressive but weak postflop (I don't think he knows when to stop betting).

We're pretty happy with this and the rest of the table and start off the day thinking I will be playing premium hands only while paying a LOT of attention to the players themselves.  After watching a lot of WSOP ME 2011 I noticed how much attention Ben Lamb payed to his opponents and how he stared them down to see the tiny things they do.  I decide I will try this to spot everything I can, really taking my time when I need to - I know some people laugh it off "are you trying to read me superstar?" but they're still not comfortable with it.

We get off and find a few chips have changed hands already but not much. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1st hand
- we call the open from the guy on our right.. Alan comes along too and we 3 see

Flop
two hearts

The OR now checks and I don't hate this board, Alan will never have my pair beat on its own here.. (i.e. JJ+) but obviously it is a scary board.
I bet and Alan 2.5x's me... this I don't like at all as I put his range on sets/  type hands or made flushes (but think he would flat those when OR checks - he should).

I take a little while and decide to call the flop bet but give up if Alan starts piling money in.

Turn

I check and Alan quickly checks behind... (hmmm...  perhaps? I'm not sure if he raises the flop tho... hmmmm...)

River
(or similar)

I check knowing that if I bet here I only get him to fold his flopped sets... and that's a small range, so we'll just give up here.. Alan checks back and shows me  for the old set-a-rooo...... (what a suprise)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2nd hand
By this time I've played a few small pots and lost all 4, this was actually starting to get on my nerves... (its like 1 hour John, grow the F**k up!) and I decided the next good spot vs the guys on my right who seemed to be opening their buttons a lot, I would 3bt a 'suitable hand'.

We find  and the CO opens when its our SB, we 3bt, Alan folds and the OR calls.

Flop
   two spades  (or similar)

We cbet and he 'annoyedly' folds... (just had the best hand - people don't fold enough to 3bts pre its ridiculous).

3rd hand
This is an interesting one... we notice that the guy two to our right, who has finalled or won something of note, can't remember what.  But he's terrible.. and he's to our right... so we're going to get something going with him and give him a pounding! (he's the guy in hand2)

He's lost a bunch more pots than me and only has like 7-9k and opens, we 3bt and everyone folds.. he sigh folds.

NEXT HAND
He opens UTG again to 400 and we 3bt again to 1100..  ... To me, this looks sickly strong and the rest of the table agree, it snap folds round to the SB who was an empty seat until recently and this dude now decides to make it 2500, the UTG angry folds and I take some time.... A LOT of time...  I give him the 'ben lamb stare' for a good 3-4minutes while I work out stack sizes on flop, turn, river and how the hand might play out a few times.. in my head.  I want to call as its close to min and we have position and close to 4-2-1 SPR on flop...

After the four minutes of watching and staring him down, he doesn't like it but he's relaxed and doing the kinds of chip tricks he couldn't be doing if at all uneasy about this situation... I take the low variance route and fold, but make a note to be wary of him and pay more attention to him when he's in pots in future.  We'll call him aggro-fish from now on as he comes up later.

4th Hand
We open  in CO and Alan flats behind, Kevin comes along and the blinds fold.  This is a strange one, but knowing what Alan is like I actually favour my position and plan to check call about 99% of flops vs Kev but re-evaluate vs Alan as I'll have Kev's info by then.

Flop

I check, Alan checks and Kev decides to bet 1/2pot ish...  I'm obviously not folding and raising is terrible, inflating this pot oop vs a competent villain who WILL value-cut three streets with worse now we've checked.  Alan folds.

Turn

I check again and Kev bets slightly larger this time, imho there is very little he can value bet three streets with here that he would flat pre.  So I'm now calling down on any river except a Q automatically, but probably still calling on a Q.

River

This is a beautiful card imo as I feel he will now continue with 100% of his turn bluffs and there are so few J's he would bet the flop with... I'm thinking KJ and QJ exactly.

I check, he bets and I snap.  He tentatively turns over the  and we have extracted a nice 6k from the best player at the table, started to establish a 'dont mess with me kid' air between us and this really gets me going...

From this point on I play my A game for the rest of the day.

5th Hand
We don't play much for an orbit or two and then the Aggro-fish from earlier in seat 7 opens in early position.. I find and flat, it folds round and we're HU with position.

Flop

Well that's a pretty good flop, lets hope he has a pair!
He cbet's 400 into 2000 and this weirds me out a little bit... Why is he betting so small? What does he want me to do? How can I get stacks in by the river?

I figure I will find out on the turn whether or not he's going to bet one or three times, so I flat... I can always dictate pot size on the turn.

Turn

Is there a better card in the deck, seriously?  What a beautiful brick, and he now bets 1000 into 2.8k... so he is going to bet the river...... guess I need another brick please dealer man.

River
 two spades

O M G... that is puuuurrrrrfect.

He bets 2k from his 9k and I take some time.... then set him in...  He snaps and proudly shows the K10o.....
WP sir, please leave your chips and don't let the ego hit you on the way out.  Thanks for the donation and the table CL, JOHN BLACK IS HERE TO STAY!

We get moved tables and have about 30K and we're now in position on Kev I, have Marc Goodwin 3 to our left, opposite.

The table looks pretty soft on first approach and I quickly see how soft.  The guy on our left is a punk kid who has to have satellited and clearly has no idea what game we're playing, the guy on his left is playing super super small ball and not in a good way.  We have some weeded, superhigh spazztard on our right, then Kev and a China-fish next to him with super nits inbetween him and Goodwin.

Happy f*kin days then...

A few hands in and this table is very different.. they are limping all over the shop, mostly calling when raised and I will not be able to isolate fish as easily... have to use my chips to be patient then.

6th Hand
We find and the China-fish has limped UTG (so far its always been Ax suited or AJ/A10), we decide to make him pay and makeit 5x or something silly, folds to him and he flicks it in.

Flop

He checks and we check back...

Turn

He checks again and we decide that we can get value from a lot of hands, if he raises we may call a small one to flush/ straight him.. but we make it super small - we bet like 1100 into 4500 and he calls.

River
 Two Diamonds   (or some similar brick)

He donks 1500 into the now 6700 pot and we flick in the call for exact information.. knowing it won't disclose our hand if we're correct.  He tables the and we fold gracefully.  However, I did say something to him as he took ages to turn his hand over... I think i said something like "can you turn your hand over quicker in future please?".  He laughs it off and we carry on.

7th Hand
Vs the same China-fish an orbit or so later we find those magical  and he's limped...

We make it 5x again and the super small baller to our left who has donked most of his stack off calls for 1/3 of his stack, back to the CF and this time he raises!
YES!.. I am pretty sure he's not doing this as a complete bluff... and I'm trying to work out the best way to get the moneys in..  The guy inbetween with a tiny stack makes life hard, I know he's not folding but if i flat and he shoves its not enough for me to re-raise...........

I know he won't think I have AA's if I 4bt, he's going to think I just think he's FOS and want it HU vs the shortie....

So I 4bt to 7200 and the shorie flicks his stack in.... then CF a little dumbstruck doesn't want to fold and decides to flick in the 7.2k out of his 27k stack.... (vwp sir...)  I'm hoping for a 10xx or Axx flop, because I think he will often have broadways in his range.. maybe even the final A... but if its 9 high he's definitely going broke with 10's+ vs me... that is a certainty!

Flop
  three clubs two spades

Its obviously a good flop for my hand, but bad for stacking him... he takes a long time then checks.  I cbet 7500 and it looks like he puked in his own mouth as he has to fold.

The shortie turns over his hand and he has something ridiculous.. something that needs runner runner like 78o or something... wp sir.

Turn and River irrelevant and we scoop a nice pot to start getting over 30k, average is about 18k or something...

8th Hand
Another orbit or so and its the last hand before the break.. we've raise and taken a pot or two, and the CF limps again...

We find 99 and 5x again.. everyone folds and its HU again with position.  <3 Live poker!

Flop

He donks for 1/2 pot bet.. we call.

Turn

He checks and we bet big, something like 3/4 pot.... he takes some time and calls.

River

He donks for 1/2pot and I sigh a little... I know I can never get stacks in here now...  It's not that I can't raise for value.. its that he will never call me with the hands that I beat... I'm sure he folds everything except straights.

I flat and he shows me the  for a superbly played hand... wp sir. Thanks for the 10k donation.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2012, 01:56:46 AM »

(had to copy n paste because this was too long for the message box - over 20000 characters apparently)

9th Hand
We have calmed down after the break and since we now have 40K and a big lead on everyone at the table, only one of the fish next to CF has around 35K but hasn't shifted any in the whole time I've been at the table, so he can keep his chips warm until the blinds get big and I take them that way.

Kevin Iacofano clearly notices I have taken my foot off the pedal and starts opening 2-3times/ orbit for a while...

Eventually I find a hand I want to play vs him and 3bt the btn... I know he won't want to peel here very often.  I've had the better of him so far in our duel (I've had the better starting hands tbh) and as my first 3bt I don't think he will assume I'm messing around here ever...
I have the mighty   of course.....

And then the punk to our left cold calls from the small blind - WTF?!  Excuse me.... sir - are you freaking crazy?  Well Kev clearly freaks out a little and folds.

This is all taken away and the worries about AA or KK etc are quickly put away with the following flop.

Flop
three clubs three diamonds

Well I guess that's a good flop...  I think he has a big pair... and I errr.... I have.... errr............ quads?Huh??  That's pretty high up on the hand ranking chart that I remember.

The punk donks into us for 3k into 5.5k ish... I don't see much point raising here, he could spazz shove but I'm not sure...

Turn

He donks into us again... for 6k (from 22k) now I know he's a punk-spazz but he 'could' have a K.... I freaking hope so...  I make it 14K and he snap folds   face up, huffing and puffing.... WP sir... you are a poker genius.

10th Hand
This hand is set-up by some of the previous hands with CF and there's a new guy to our left after the AA's hand.  He looks comfortable at the table, had about 35K in chips when he came, has lost a few though.

Anyways, he's seen me ISO the CF a LOT and decides to do something about it.

CF limps UTG and I open to 5x, then the Scottish 'wannabe' to our left now 3bts pretty standard size wise.  CF folds and I take some time, work out that I think he will 5bt shove some % and we're snapping that.. so we decide to 4bt (he didn't see our previous one being AA's).

He takes a little time and calls oop... again vwp sir.

Flop

He checks and I decide to let one roll off here, figuring he'll own himself with any Kx on the turn and may bluff/ bet any pair...

Turn

He now comes out betting 10k from his 27K and I have a little think... I want to make this look as bluffy as possible, but effectively want to get the money in now so that his random spades don't get a free river to shove into me.  I shove and he snap folds... fuming and SUPER TILTED he runs away from the table.

It was so funny watching this guy after this hand... I have been in these shoes before, and he clearly is fuming he's given away like 2/5 of his stack with no showdown and I'm now getting up and up to 50K and beyond....

The table are clearly frustrated that noone is getting the better of me, I've folded oop when I've been 3bt as they're not doing it enough to make it a problem.. I'm still opening at least 2 hands/ orbit and just breeding chips in front of them.

11th Hand
Kev opens the gun and we find   , we flat and the punk behind decides to squeeze to 3.2K... he's still tilting from previous hands with me, but I'm loving this raise.  It's going to get everyone else to fold everything except QQ+ and Kev will have to be honest in front of me.. Kev folds and we are HU.
Basically I get the pot HU vs the punk with a good hand... yes please!

Flop

I check, he bets like 6K or something and we decide to call...

Turn

Pretty great card imo, obviously it makes it hard for him to have top pair.. but if somehow he has QQ+ with a heart, we're going to get it all! and if he's thinking I have AQ/ AK then he will keep firing as well.

I check, he bets 12K (from 29Kish) and I call..

River

I figure he's going to bet all his value hands, as imo he either has air... a T or an overpair... he should be betting all of this and he has a perfect 1/2pot shove for like 16K i think.

I check... and he sigh checks back with    .... F*ck... If i shove the turn he would have called the rest for sure...
(think this was a small mistake.. maybe my only value one all day)

Turns out this hand makes the pokerstars blog and apparently I scoop the pot looking so uninterested and nonchalant that they give me an 'award'. Cheesy #chillingwhenwinning

#crushingthenoobsattheeasygame!

12th + 13th Hands - the two most important hands I've ever played so far.
These are the biggies... these are the CL Day1A hands...

So, we're in SB and its folded to the button, he's the weeded up, ravemusicblaring, possibly drugged up, spazztard who did come to the table with a lot of chips but hasn't played much since.

The BB 'punk' isn't there and the btn min opens... the few times he has opened he has made it 3-4x and I'm 100% sure he's on the steal. I figure that I can play   profitably vs him here as I plan to Craise a lot of flops and turns... and take this away from him 80%+ of the time.

FLOP

I check, he bets pretty small (imo still indicative of a bluff) and I decide to call... allowing him to barrel once more, I'm going to Craise most turns..

Turn

He could hit this, but more importantly I think this is the PERFECT card for him to now try turn and river barrels and we're going to cc, cc.  This not only stops us losing a lot the few times he does have an A but more importantly its just going to get so much more value.
Obviously we have flush draw now and that will allow us to call much easier on 1/4 of rivers.

We check, he now bets a little bigger... almost 1/2pot... we 'sigh' call..... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

River

This is a pretty sweet river, we are only beat by two cards and if he has those, nice runout... I think he's going to bluff this river 100% and decide to cc.
I check and he bets almost full pot, for 15K.... I SNAP call and he tentatively shows the   .... I show my and he literally EXPLODES.
His face instantly drips.. he's buzzing in his seat, i can hear his pulse from seat 1 (he's in 9) and I can see his brain melting out of his ears onto his chips.

I FEEL AMAZING! This is what I've learned, this is how it feels.... This is me, John Black, the poker player......
I know this seems ridiculous to read, I know this makes me sound like a tool... but this advert is literally 'it' for this moment in my poker life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVq-DkftWBc
(sorry mods if this is against the rules.. but its needed).

And now the hand... the one that is tearing my poker friends into two groups as to whether I'm a genius or an idiot.

Why I was almost the CL Day 1A of UKIPT Nottingham 2012.... almost.

The very next hand the CF limps and then the spazztard now limps again... We find and ISO again to 4x and it folds around... the CF folds (finally learn his lesson?) and the spazztard now shoves.... for 60K or something.

Its 300/600, there's 1200 in limps and I make is 2800, now this guy wants to ship in his remaining 55K - I think it was 52.5K to call (stuck in my mind for some reason).

(OMG - I just had a blue screen of death and my computer shut down.... I literally sat here quietly... trying to work out how to react.)  I thought I'd lost everything above..........

So this is what goes through my head:-
- I know I'm ahead... 100% certain.
- he opens all his pairs and big A's for a raise
- so this dude literally has Ax, Kx, or Qx, all the time... and maybe occasionally a random 45ss....
- vs that range we have to call... we crush his Ax and Qx range...
- we're a 62/38 vs the rest.. and he never has pairs!
- IF we lose, we have 40K (avg is 37K)
- however the chips go to our direct right... so we can get them back
- we're on a table that won't get broken for the rest of the day
- we're crushing the table and no one will even try to bluff us after this
- Do we need to take the risk? do we need to get into this monstrously high variance spot?

- Do we want to win the UKIPT Nottingham, or just mincash?

Win = take the edges + rungood...

but if we win... we're on like 160/170K or something ridiculous..

We will be Day1A CL and have a super soft table to finish the day on, probably finishing the day with 200K+..... We will be Day1A CL in the biggest competition the UK has ever held.

Took me 30 seconds to slide the call in.... the entire table 'breath in' and he fuming slaps his   on the table.

Its 62/38... 62% of the time we're CL in UKIPT Notts, now I'm a much cooler cucumber at the table these days, the 11th hand above shows this, but I had to stand up to watch this one...

This was the biggest pot in 'potential value' that I've ever been involved in.. and I'm ahead... and I need to hold.

in the window......

And we do not improve.

I take it really well, morale is high and I'm bouncing off the ceiling.... I go and find Adam Reynolds who is on the cash tables apparently being a fish and giving Mitch some moneyz for fun.

Back to it then... back to the 'grind'.

I took it super well, no tilt at all and I get straight back on the horse.. raising and taking the next hand....

Final few, I promise.

- I get back up to 60K pretty quickly, working hard and making a few small plays and some thin-ish value bets.

- We find   again on the btn and Kev Iacofano opens in middle position.. he hasn't been opening that much of late and this will be the nth time we've 3bt him from the button.. so we're expecting some action.  But he snap folds.

- We then tighten up a little, trying to grind our way through to Day2.

- After a few orbits we open 44 UTG and get shoved on by an older guy who has just been moved to our table, its 12K to call and i opened for 2200 or something.. there's like 6K dead money so I call... (a mistake i know, the only one all day I think) and we're up against 99.  We lose and we're down to 50K ish... (50K avg now)

- We then open 66 UTG and fold to the 15K shove this time.... but he had 44's.... FFS!

- Kev Iacofano opens the button and we find   two hearts in the BB, we take a lot of time (as we have with real hands) and 3bt pretty big.  I know he's not going to assume its a bluff, ever... he's going to rationale that I don't want to play the pot oop vs him.. and that this is the first time I've gotten cheeky all day oop.  He folds and I declare "its good for the game boys..." and show.

- Few more hands and we're chipping back up to 55-60K

- Then we get KK in the SB and the punk kid 3bt our open... we shove and he snaps saying "I hope you've got that 72o again..."
and shows us his A7o.  He flops an A and we're on life support of about 28K.

- Our next open gets 3bt by him again and we fold KQo.

- Eventually we find A7o on the button and its folded to us... we shove and the punk finds AQo in the SB....
Is this even normal???
We do not find a 7... and we are out.

I feel like I played the best poker I ever have, I definitely ran good in some sweet spots... might have missed 16K of value in the JJ hand.. but apart from that, I made the biggest call... in the biggest spot - and couldn't hold.

Get me into more please! I don't have the roll to play them myself now, so I'm going to be rebuilding and trying to satellite in.

If anyone wants to be on a list of people to get information if i sell pieces then please pm me.

This has been 3-4hours of my life.  I hope you enjoyed it.

peace.

jb

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 14, 2012, 08:27:39 AM »

I love these reports buddy but obv gotta be at Dtd for 12 so will read at leisure.

Hand one is pretty std how us old uns play that. I am interested to know if Alan would fold a set there or not if you have a stab at it. A very similar hand came up late on my table. The board read 4 to the flush on clubs  and a laggy young guy who had got to 100k without showing down many hands led out 30k which was half the pot. Game over I thought but his opponent snapped him off having flopped bottom set no club. I nodded in appreciation thinking the player had picked up something but he smiled at me and said " sometimes you gotta hero call these young uns and had decided to call all the way down no matter how the board ran out". Obv the lad was disappointed at the call but he had failed to realise that with his previous play he had turned a  tight passive player into a calling station. ( the lad then flopped top set and managed to get a full double up 3 hands later betting all 3 seats ) Smiley

2nd hand about an hour in you pick up that the guy had been opening his buttons a lot??? Would this have been both his buttons in that hour Smiley

Love this diary and if Belton stops posting about his life then yours goes straight into the top 3 must reads. Gl

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 14, 2012, 08:35:56 AM »

The diaries an interesting read ,however the name calling seems very immature and annoying ,same as with sean s diary
WPIL

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 14, 2012, 10:21:11 AM »

Do you make notes on your phone or something or do you have some sort of super memory - love these trip reports btw!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: