blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:47:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476264 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #360 on: April 18, 2012, 07:00:55 PM »

i said korea because im not allowed to say
I don't get the not saying business cos the last time he gave us enough information to work it out anyway so it's hardly very secretive.

anyway if you want some proper strat, stop trying to get better at poker and just get there when you play.
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: April 19, 2012, 02:06:58 AM »

In regards to live staking thread - I can't post in it, but obviously it doesn't make much sense.

To begin with, you didn't put up any results or any significant volume - have you beat SSMTTs online before other than having evidence of 10 or so live MTTs why would people put up hundreds/thousands to back you in the first place.

Secondly ...

Crushing super 50s and 100fo with small fields with "only 1.5k" up top - why be staked for those? Petrol costs food and drink to play makes 0 sense to give any action away when you could more or less play them with £2k and any money you siphon from work.

ROIs in those tournaments aren't going to give you a desirable hourly anyway (50% in a 40 runner £100fo = £55 profit over 5 hours? £11per hour) Cost of petrol and food and drink there lowers that.
ROI in a super 50 will be higher than 50% if you crush them insanely - so say 100% = £50 now they're 43+7 or w/e. That's £50 over 7 hours = £7.20. - The time it takes to drive there and back at undesirable hours and the petrol cost simply isn't worth traveling to play.

To take any % of profit away from those is more or less insanity unless you were unable to get backing for the Genting 400s DTD 500s and the other 500/700s that run about the country, without them.

Your time would be better off putting hands in online - spent studying nash charts and the like at home and actually improving rather than playing 200 live hands a night against people who can't tie their shoe laces for a £8 hourly less expenses.

Live small stakes MTT simply aren't worth playing to "make money" unless you live on the doorstep and they run promotions alongside - treat them as a break from online/fun not as a way to make money, if you bink, great add it to the roll.

A lot of ramble to basically say, don't over complicate everything and try to be a hero/overrate your ability and use excuses for extravagant play (read:spew - everyone is on level 1) reasons for busting tournaments, at every opportunity. Anybody who knows anything or are worth listening to about poker have seen and done it all 100x before.

To simplify the live staking - if you choose to be backed for low stakes - keep it to one person, no need to make 5 transactions for every min cash of a weekly tournament.

Ideally play low stakes on your own obv -EV to give away action if you can afford to play them.

Sell % for >300 live events (with mark up if you want, people wayyyyyy oversell themselves and are snapped up here all the time), more than enough people will buy and you won't be disheartened by getting into probable 5/10k make up if you play a lot.

I promise amongst that ramble there is some legit points aimed to help out lol.

P.S - folded any QQ JJ TT AQs pre this week? Or one pair hands in 200 bb pots Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 02:20:26 AM by LonOhRay » Logged
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: April 20, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »

LonOhRay, cracking post, thanks... I will get it at some point but nackered atm and practically falling asleep, despite it only being like 10pm or something.

Think I'll be looking to grind up a roll using super50's n just play live cash when i get something going.... feel my game will be so much stronger live than it ever has been and i look forward to playing my best vs live fish and counting the monies when my hands hold up.

Night all..

jb

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 20, 2012, 06:01:15 PM »

If only it were as simple as just 'having hands hold up'

You playing the GP John?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2012, 12:58:47 AM »

i said korea because im not allowed to say
I don't get the not saying business cos the last time he gave us enough information to work it out anyway so it's hardly very secretive.

anyway if you want some proper strat, stop trying to get better at poker and just get there when you play.

Its all to do with 'potential' security related issues, esp on a public thread where you can make up details to get access.

I didn't try to give too many details last time, just some taster stuff as it seems strange to not be able to say.. Confidentiality is the natureof the game im afraid.
(all im trying to do is hide my horrible attempt at playing the 'world tour of poker'.... e.g. the afghanistan 6max, the australian deepstack, and the DPRC hu games - brutal! - lolz)

missing pokers already and its only been a few days...

#lovethegame

NEWS NEWS NEWS
I have gotten hold of a book called '4 hour body' by a certain timothy ferriss, and am so impressed with it in the first few chapters that I will be adjusting my food intake when back in the UK in order to use his 'dieting methods' to lose the fat i have and go from an estimated 22/25% body fat down to 10-15%... and also tweak my gym routine to make it the most effective, so that I can achieve the body, heart and mind combo I want in order to be healthier in life and better at the pokers!

I will be posting pictures of my meals on a regular basis, but there are websites where you can track every single meal.. and I will at some point post some 'before' pics of myself... which could be scary granted, but next to the 'after' pics in a few months should be awesome.

I am aware a LOT of people in this forum have/ are/ will try to lose weight in all sorts of ways for all sorts of reason and all I can say from so far in the book 15% way through.... is that if you've ever really wanted to do anything to your body (decrease fat, lose weight, increase muscle) then you HAVE to read it.

Its the body book equivalent to JT's "Mental game of Poker"...........

I will also be looking at getting one of those workout 'resistance bands' for travelling so if any of you can help/ suggest that kinda thing then that would be great.

merci beaucoup...

jb

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 21, 2012, 06:03:02 PM »

Just a quick one... as im nackered again after a long day in X...  Even went to the gym after work and killed myself a little in there...

Did some punch bag work, some freeweights and some boogying down.  I had the 'gym chunes' CD up far too loud, luckily .

Managed to get to the club, get a steak and veg dinner and loved every singele bite!
Cheesy

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 22, 2012, 07:13:37 AM »

Enjoy X

Make sure you check the exchange rate before you play any poker/pool/darts etc

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: April 22, 2012, 07:05:44 PM »

Enjoy X

Make sure you check the exchange rate before you play any poker/pool/darts etc

lolz @ accidental degeneracy...

finished work late tonight, then ran to the 'club bar' to nail myself a monster steak and as many vegetables as are used to feed a small village!  Feeling good and not missing the carbohydrates at the moment.

Full diet plan to follow...

super nackered again so early, not sure what's bringing this on, but its making it hard to give C the time she needs.  Must work harder on that, she's worth it and deserves it.

Back home in a few days, looking forward to it - get me to 'the beast' asap!!!!  Get me to WPT Poker ASAP!!!

gl to all the blondes in marbella, and to anyone else playing dtd events or anywhere  else, bring home a W please!

jb

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: April 25, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »

Back, from Islamabad, Pakistan..... bit boring but the work was hard/ good/ long.... and got back today.  Already on dtd getting a seat into tonight's DTD500 sat.  Would be lovely to get one of those first night back.

The photos below:
1 welcome to pakistan - this is what I first saw on my arrival in the airport when I was waiting for my bag to arrive.
2 breakfast - this was my breakfast for much of the trip... 3 eggs and 2 bits of bacon with chilli, only eating one of egg yolks.
3 lunch - sometimes a chicken salad, sometimes the cafeteria food.. this was so delicious I had two bowls of it.
4 dinner - steak and veg, had this loads! so tasty!
5 Huh? - i wonder what you all think to seeing this along the road everywhere I went.... (apparently not a good 'batch'/ breed)

WPT Marbs
Well done to all the hero's who managed to get over to the WPT, apparently the blondes won everything! wp lads. wish I could be there next time.

Back to the grind!

jb

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: April 25, 2012, 09:12:03 PM »

lol. First pic so reminds me of the funniest thing I have ever read EVER!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/4344890/Virgin-the-worlds-best-passenger-complaint-letter.html 

Good to see you back safe mate, gl with the grind!

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: April 25, 2012, 11:08:26 PM »

Just made money in DTD500 sat from a feeder entry.

510 Euro locked up... 2 seats with 3 left.

cmon!

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: April 25, 2012, 11:32:21 PM »

Binked the seat...

Nice return, so thats E660 locked up.  Should play it but we'll see.  Might cash it in and use 1/3 for the DTD spinup! Cheesy

Played really solid, pretty snug really and got a lot of people to raise/ call bad hands vs us a lot.

vs 
vs 
vs     (particularly nice.....)

We did however lose a couple of big key ones to set us up.. but managed to get fortunate in the right spots after those and get back into it!

Then played super solid FT, don't think I made a single mistake.... made some nice moves tho.

Off to bed now, gg all.

jb

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2012, 11:45:18 PM »

Can u cash in seats anymore?
I heard ppl say u can't only transfer

Just me
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: April 26, 2012, 06:43:16 AM »

Can u cash in seats anymore?
I heard ppl say u can't only transfer

Afaik you have to play the first one, you can switch dates. 'spare' seats can be cashed. At least that was the rule in February. Think you can also transfer spares to other players too.

The seats from FT Challenge and Cash Game Rewards had to be played.

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: April 26, 2012, 08:25:51 AM »

You cant 'cash' it in directly, but you can sell/ transfer it. So I might just sell it at 99.5%.. GTO FTW.

really not sure whether to play the grand prix or not.. Its obv a super value tourny with a monster ROI prize pool... But it'll costme close to £50 in expenses..

Hmmmm.....

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: