blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:30:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476205 times)
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 30, 2012, 11:43:59 PM »

haven't had the comments from pat about the hands yet... looking forward to them - bare in mind these are only hands i lost, haven't shown him anything i won.

Grinded 10nl today and had a much more 'normal' session.. might have made a few mistakes in the pots i lost, not sure tbh.  It's hard to tell if its a mistake when there's a villain note/ issue there (i.e. weaker player so i can vbet more)

Feeling good about playing, and don't care what level tbh... just want more time at the pc in order to get my grind on. 

#lovethegame

Just want some positive reinforcement that the changes I've made are correct and that I'm on the 'way'...

Played a DTD500 feeder tonight
- ran into REDDOG doing some strange stuff....
- won a big pot vs RD with A2 vs KQ aipf
- lost two consecutive all ins with KQ vs JJ... couldn't hit for a seat!

played fine and will be getting on them the rest of the week.

Made up some chicken, spinach and baked beans which was pretty tasty and prepped some chicken for the rest of the week.

Pretty tired and going to bed soon... also C asked me to take off a day to do 'something' as a present, I'm not sure what it is but I have a guess, so managed to get Wednesday off with some toil from my flights to and from Islamabad. Cheesy

peace

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 01, 2012, 12:56:17 AM »

C is far more important than the pokers mate. More importantly you must make her believe she is the most important thing. Keep the balance Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 01, 2012, 09:14:55 AM »

C is far more important than the pokers mate. More importantly you must make her believe she is the most important thing. Keep the balance Smiley

Waw, million do this.

Learn to treat shit tests for what they are.

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 01, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »

Waw, million do this.

Learn to treat shit tests for what they are.

wtf are you on about nathan??

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2012, 01:32:37 AM »

Been pretty sick today, took the day off as I woke up feeling terrible with a horribly tumultuous tummy.

Few hours kip and some food later and I was feeling much more settled.
So went online and put in some hands, didn't go amazingly but i think i let myself get distracted a bit. I played a bunch of the new dtd500 mini feeders and feeders and found that they're generating more seats than they used to, which is working out really well for me.

Got two seats into tonight's mega sat which is obv good... Then sweated a guy playing his first shot at 50nl zoo.. Which was fun and addictive.  Then we swapped over and I proceeded to win @ 25nl poker!!!!!

Top that off with another dtd500 seat... Tytyty...

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »

thazar is a boss.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: May 02, 2012, 06:24:27 PM »

Yeah I picked up a few things from him.. I also suggested a couple of different lines in some spots..

Had some Nandos, n managed to just have chicken and peas. Cheesy

Want to go see Avengers soon!

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 02, 2012, 09:54:13 PM »

Most ridiculous day....

The suprised turned out to be the Warner Bro's studios that were the home of Harry Potter and I'm a big fan (was 12 when the book came out and still love it today!).

So I raced along in my mum's lil diabled wagon thing (easier to get into/ out of for her) and ragged it down to Harrow at 830am getting to C's at 0953 after being told strictly I must be there for 0940.... woops.

We then race to the studios with me still none-the-wiser and get there with minutes to spare as we turn up to massive WB signs with giant HP logo's and posters and merchandise for a very slick american style studio tour - awesome! 

I'm a big movie fan but a bit of a child (understatement) and as such I let myself get drawn into such things and so forget the scale models, costumes, sets, and sheer work behind the scenes.  So to be here, on set, looking and walking through the 'world' was amazing.  We were in there from 1030 till 1430 and I have loads of photos I'll put a few up later....

In the meantime, the rest of my afternoon has been spent in Nando's Watford having some yummy chicken nom nom nommmm and then C's living room chilling and trying a few dtd feeder satellites.  I know its a little anti-social but with only 3 a month and such a good record in them its a waste of a highly profitable situation to not play.  So i fired up the laptop and began the grind.  I had E110 in there from yesterdays double bink on the feeders and decided to throw it at the wall.  I played a bunch of mini's and feeders getting royally screwed by a certain couple of optimistic recreational players.  Cheesy (nice huh)

I ended up trying to push the timelines to really get one in the 6oclock so that we could drive back up to MK and play the main at home in my birthday suit!

Managed to get ul in the 5 o'clock and then in the 6 ran
into  bvb with only a few bb's
vs  of a recreational player who had just been busted the hand before... sigh.. who then tried a rubdown after winning... stay classy San-Diego!
-    vs  of same player who min/ called 14bb's like a genius.  We flop a K, he turns a 4... but rivers an A for fun #thatshowtheprosdoit
- something else standard.

We get to the 7 o'clock and have £12 or something silly left, and as its not enough to put one last attempt at the 7pm I reload for £10.  In the process of doing so I accidentally reg for the 7pm CL satellite as well as the 500 feeder and while im discussing how to de-register (no button - ty dtd) the sat comes up and I find AQo.  After the girls tell me there's nothing they can do now its started I ship 100bb's aipf over a couple of limps.  Obv a  hero decides to show me whose town this is and call me on my ridiculous bluff.

He proceeds to make 5 parsley and I'm told that is a winning hand.

So we carry on with our one shot at the 500 feeder and play like a genius as usual in these things (entails find big premium hands and use a shovel on our chips).  And as usual we watch people limp/ call, raise/ call and cold call all of their wagering discs before the community cards have arrived with a less than top 10 hand often enough that we get a seat into tonights 8pm monster. - Bink.

Then we start the satellite and two minutes later C is talking to her mum who is not only shocked im in her house but isn't coming home until I'm not there... WTF!

So now we're frantically looking for pubs or cafes that might be open till 2330-ish tonight in order to find a replacement wifi spot as im already in the tournament and non pokering people obv don't understand why you can't just 'stop playing'.... #mustbeaddicted

Phone one place, they have internet but not today.... - useful sir, tyvm.

Second place which is a delicious curry house in Harrow says 'yes, but we're only open until 2230... "that'll do for now i guess."

Get here and get sorted, got wifi connection.... but have to register with 'the cloud' network - WTF.... ffs we're blinding down and probably allowing the recreational players keep their betting discs longer than is fair to the rest of the human race.  So we register and BOOOOM we're up and running but we've lost 1k ish @ 50/100... but whatev's... if it keeps C happy its plenty worth it!

Then we have a hand vs a dtd name I don't know but if its the blonde member of the same name its a very popular blonde, who's a nice guy and has been around poker for a very long time afaik.  He raises EP and I flat, folds around.  Flop is AJJ and he checks, I check back. Brick turn and he leads for 3/5pot, I call.  River is a brick and he leads small again... at this point I now think he has an A or a medium strength SDV hand... I don't expect a J here very often if ever.... and the only monsters are AJ/ AA which are hard to make.  I decide to turn my hand into a bluff as I credibly rep lots here imo (defo wouldnt bet Jx-J10 otf - he needs to catchup obv) and so I raise his 600 > 1200 bet to 4.2k.. Its a fairly decent chunk of my stack but I expect folds here of 90%+ and he should only be shipping those two monsters.  He takes 2 seconds and ships...... SIGGGGGGHHHHHH! down to 3.6k and feeling ridiculous.

Then just as we're ordering our food at the curry place I get  utd @100/200 and it goes in.  I get ISO'd by  (optimistic mate!) and we're off to the races.
I tell C to hold on the food order as im obviously not going to win a race when i need to.

Flop
  three diamonds.....

well definitely hold that food order... we're going.

Turn

"well we've got outs but im not expecting much..." 
She's looking at the % in the box on dtd and chewing on her fingernails.......

River

"errr...... bink, guess you can order that food!"
C - "phew, I don't think I could handle you in the car being stroppy after all that! - we could have gone home for lots of sex though... shame..."

So now we're properly back in with over 30bb's and happy days!

Food comes and we find 10's again, flat a UTG+2 open (dont like reraising with 30bb's here) and two others come along...  The flop is 7 high rainbow and i shove over his smallish cbet into us figuring his smaller cbet was actually weakness, this might be a mistake here because we're 4 way but I don't like calling or folding here.. and we can't win when we fold!

We shove and he calls quickly with  and we need another miracle.

[ ] miracle came and we won
[X] busy munching on tasty chicken curry and lamb kebab with daal bhaji's! boom!

Super tasty and now ive blogged this I'm going to finish munching then take C home and paint the wall with her! gl girl.

Laters all and gl everyone.. I'll see all Day1A-ers at dtd this weekend for my run @ the big one!  (a decent result would be sooo sweet timing wise!)

peace

jb

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: May 03, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »

stay classy San-Diego

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 03, 2012, 11:21:07 AM »

You use the expression 'recreational players ' as if
A) it's a derogatory one
&
B) it doesn't include you

Maybe we have a different definition in mind?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 03, 2012, 04:44:24 PM »

Yer pinchop, I liked it too.... Smiley

Dave - firstly congratulations on your result at the weekend, I was funking for the win for you! Shame about the final hand, I'd like to talk to you about it next time I see you.

And secondly I'd consider myself a semi-pro these days and I'd call regular winning/ good players like yourself 'regs' so i use the 'recreational player' label for people who enjoy the game without trying to improve or appreciate the variance involved +/or tilt super easily...... These players often are ignorant to the theory, mathematics or analytical nature of the game and as such regularly make inefficient decisions which wcan be profited from if exploited.

Other than that, have a session with pat booked for 7pm so looking forward to that!

Feeling horribly deli-belly today and have spent much of the day on the toilet.... Either going to work or the hospital tomorrow!

jb

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 03, 2012, 04:47:31 PM »

why do you consider yourself a semi pro? not saying you aren't, just intrigued..

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 03, 2012, 04:49:33 PM »

Harry Potter is shit.

Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 03, 2012, 05:56:03 PM »

Yer pinchop, I liked it too.... Smiley

Yeah I was thinking more of the irony.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: May 03, 2012, 05:59:26 PM »

Then we have a hand vs a dtd name I don't know but if its the blonde member of the same name its a very popular blonde, who's a nice guy and has been around poker for a very long time afaik.  He raises EP and I flat, folds around.  Flop is AJJ and he checks, I check back. Brick turn and he leads for 3/5pot, I call.  River is a brick and he leads small again... at this point I now think he has an A or a medium strength SDV hand... I don't expect a J here very often if ever.... and the only monsters are AJ/ AA which are hard to make.  I decide to turn my hand into a bluff as I credibly rep lots here imo (defo wouldnt bet Jx-J10 otf - he needs to catchup obv) and so I raise his 600 > 1200 bet to 4.2k.. Its a fairly decent chunk of my stack but I expect folds here of 90%+ and he should only be shipping those two monsters.  He takes 2 seconds and ships...... SIGGGGGGHHHHHH! down to 3.6k and feeling ridiculous.

Not popular
Nice, sometimes
Poker, I guess it might be 9 years now with no signs of improvement

Didn't know that was you but you now have an award as the only poker player I made feel ridic :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: