blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:24:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476209 times)
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: May 03, 2012, 06:15:59 PM »

why do you consider yourself a semi pro? not saying you aren't, just intrigued..

Me too
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 04, 2012, 12:39:25 AM »

Ok,.i see the distinction you're making, I think of myself as a recreational/hobbyist but, yeah, whatever. I'm flattered to be seen as a 'reg'

My next weekend pilgrimage seems likely to be for the WSOP weekend by whixh time my aging memory may have lost the thread of last weekend which is a long way of saying send me a message about your thoughts if you would please

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 04, 2012, 12:58:17 PM »

Shockingly dodgy stomach again... not pleasant.. even feeling weak and even more in need of carbohydrated stodge! Tomorrow is cheat day though so looking forward to Nando's and chips and garlic bread and so on! Cheesy

Managed to sleep on the couch inbetween the grossness while C watches HPdvd's! <3 HP!  Went to the doctors surgery and they couldn't give me an appointment but said to take this 'certificate' with me and give that to work to legitmise my 'week off'.  Sigh.... @ looking like a waster.

Session last night with Pat, Fitzy, and Grant the scottish investment banking dude.. it was sweet.  We discussed some problems/ trouble spots we each find ourselves in with Pat either clearing up our thoughts or suggesting a solution/ line or way to avoid getting in that situation. e.g. one of my 'trouble spots' has been to have a hand like JJ/ QQ oop to a 3bt pre and then flat (to include his bluffs) but then feel uncomfortable calling down on any runout.  So we discussed a way to make this particular spot easier and what we could do vs certain villains and why.

Other than that we did a mini-sweat session on each of myself, Grant and Fitzy.. and went over hands as they came up..  Nothing major or any big issues.. only one 'misplayed' hand where I lead turn and river in a single raised pot where I was out of position and the pre flop raiser checked the K7x Monotone diamond board.  The turn lead was apparently not horrible but better to lead turn and cc river as he should be calling turn with all his big diamonds and he will bluff some % of the time on the river.  But when we bet we take bluff's out of his range unless he raises them....Huh?

Going to try and get a few hands in today if I'm up to it.

Other than that have DTD500 tomorrow and despite feeling horrendous I'm well up for some solid serious tournament action, knowing that I'm more than capable of playing my way through to day2 with a decent stack.... just need my overpair to hold this time. Smiley

gl me,

Also,
why do you consider yourself a semi pro? not saying you aren't, just intrigued..

Me too

What did you think to my comment yesterday Tony/ Pleno?

Yer pinchop, I liked it too.... Smiley

Yeah I was thinking more of the irony.

We all had to come through the darkness before it was dawn time sir... I do my best these days to say very very little unless i have a super sociable table or full of hero's... now i've 'grown' into saying little and noting 'their' strategy ideas/ concepts.

Harry Potter is shit.

To be honest mate... gtfo hater (Tongue).  HP is literally the nuts.  A lot of fun, a little sauceyness, very british and when you 'look down' on it as kids and wands you fail to let yourself get into the world of 'what if' or immerse in the sheer awesomeness of what they've created over the years.  The books are more complicated, compelling and detailed the further into the series you get and as someone who was literally the same age as 'Harry' as they came out I felt like I was growing up with him.  Couple that with a nerdy/ geeky love for fantasy stuff anyways and boom, you got yourself a winnar!

And finally...
Then we have a hand vs a dtd name I don't know but if its the blonde member of the same name its a very popular blonde, who's a nice guy and has been around poker for a very long time afaik.  He raises EP and I flat, folds around.  Flop is AJJ and he checks, I check back. Brick turn and he leads for 3/5pot, I call.  River is a brick and he leads small again... at this point I now think he has an A or a medium strength SDV hand... I don't expect a J here very often if ever.... and the only monsters are AJ/ AA which are hard to make.  I decide to turn my hand into a bluff as I credibly rep lots here imo (defo wouldnt bet Jx-J10 otf - he needs to catchup obv) and so I raise his 600 > 1200 bet to 4.2k.. Its a fairly decent chunk of my stack but I expect folds here of 90%+ and he should only be shipping those two monsters.  He takes 2 seconds and ships...... SIGGGGGGHHHHHH! down to 3.6k and feeling ridiculous.

Not popular
Nice, sometimes
Poker, I guess it might be 9 years now with no signs of improvement

Didn't know that was you but you now have an award as the only poker player I made feel ridic :-)

We have ourselves a culprit.... I would be very interested if you tell me you had anything other than AA or AJ.... as tbh I think anything else in that spot is virtually suicide....Huh?

I have made my note on you in game and will adjust accordingly! Cheesy Funny part is if you bet the flop you stack all my Jx.. but by checking I 100% fold the river with <KJ.  Might be something to consider sometimes.....

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2012, 01:05:06 PM »

HP is the fkn nuts, gtfo haters.

Athough disagree it's "very british" lol

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 04, 2012, 01:14:45 PM »

tbf there is one good thing about HP, later ones especially:

Click to see full-size image.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 04, 2012, 02:24:47 PM »

What on earth is a semi-pro?  Surely poker is either your full time income or it isn't.  If you have a job and play 5 nights a week then you are still an amateur with a compulsive attitude to your hobbies.  Not saying this applies either way to this diary which I enjoy but the term "semi -pro" baffles me in regard to poker.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 04, 2012, 02:30:08 PM »

I have made my note on you in game and will adjust accordingly! Cheesy Funny part is if you bet the flop you stack all my Jx.. but by checking I 100% fold the river with <KJ.  Might be something to consider sometimes.....

Gosh, how many Jx's did you have in this hand

sola virtus nobilitat
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 04, 2012, 02:37:26 PM »

What on earth is a semi-pro?  Surely poker is either your full time income or it isn't.  If you have a job and play 5 nights a week then you are still an amateur with a compulsive attitude to your hobbies.  Not saying this applies either way to this diary which I enjoy but the term "semi -pro" baffles me in regard to poker.

I feel calling myself and people like me a complete amateur is a misuse of the word... I'm playing a £500 entry tournament tomorrow, I spent x hours/ week playing and researching/ learning or being coached..   To me this shows more than just an interest in my hobby.  It's more like preparing for either being able to become a pro, or making the choice to become a pro.

Poker is not my full term income.  If in your minds then I'm an amateur, so be it.  In mine, I make more effort than most if not all at my level and have managed to enter and will continue to do so larger and larger tournaments - and when better rolled for it bigger and bigger cash games.

My diary, my terminology. Cheesy

Just had a session of 6 tabling 10nl as I'm playing a tighter style and despite being 2.5bi's up for 3/4 of the session I lost 3bi's in the last quarter, one was understandable (55 vs AA on A52ss) and the other two were a combination of one spewy preflop hand and another good triple barrel spot on 10109 as pfr in 3bp - sigh.

Much more positive over the rest of the session, couldn't get any action on my AA or most of my AK's pre.. nvm, next session soon....

Also Milligan, you may be correct that Emma Watson is clearly a greater positive later on in the season but for me watching the films with C its funny because I think she is like that with her properly enunciated words and correct gramma! Cheesy

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 04, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »

Gosh, how many Jx's did you have in this hand

.... any hand forthcoming?

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 04, 2012, 02:45:19 PM »

one spewy preflop hand and another good triple barrel spot on 10109 as pfr in 3bp - sigh.

HHs or GTFO

#fortheJBfans

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 04, 2012, 02:47:11 PM »

***** Hand History for Game 11714351434 *****
$10 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Friday, May 04, 14:14:18 BST 2012
Table Table  201369 (No DP) (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 6/6
Seat 6: Ameglor ( $10.15 USD )
Seat 1: FRUSTU ( $21.93 USD )
Seat 4: UnluckyKid ( $10 USD )
Seat 3: alex240973 ( $0 USD )
Seat 2: binkmepls ( $10 USD )
Seat 5: dzeumchiya ( $10 USD )
binkmepls posts small blind [$0.05 USD].
UnluckyKid posts big blind [$0.10 USD].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to binkmepls [  ]
Ameglor folds
FRUSTU raises [$0.30 USD]
binkmepls raises [$0.95 USD]
UnluckyKid folds
FRUSTU calls [$0.70 USD]
** Dealing Flop ** [ , , ]
binkmepls bets [$1.40 USD]
FRUSTU calls [$1.40 USD]
** Dealing Turn ** [ ]
Your time bank will be activated in 6 secs. If you do not want it to be used, please act now.
binkmepls bets [$2.45 USD]
FRUSTU calls [$2.45 USD]
** Dealing River ** [ three clubs ]
binkmepls is all-In  [$5.15 USD]
FRUSTU calls [$5.15 USD]
binkmepls shows [ , ]two pairs, Tens and Eights.
FRUSTU shows [ , ]two pairs, Queens and Tens.
FRUSTU wins $19.10 USD from the main pot with two pairs, Queens and Tens.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 04, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »

before you bet, ask why.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 04, 2012, 02:50:41 PM »

<3 JB

MOOARRRRR

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 04, 2012, 02:55:55 PM »

before you bet, ask why.

we discussed this yesterday, no?

We bet flop because we can have the best hand a lot... when he flats and calls turn he can have a lot of single pair hands that can't call 3 bets so we adjust our turn bet size accordingly to give us a decent sized river bet....
he can even have a lot of Jx hands that were air/ guttys otf but won't call a third barrel.

Then otr surely its now a manditory shove as played because we don't beat any of his SDV hands he will ckb.. and he shouldn't have AA, KK, QQ enough for it to be horrid vs his AJ/ KJ/ 99/ 77 type hands...

no?

Also, he took a while to call with QQ, I think he didn't like the spot either... maybe it looks too much like AA/KK or 10x......Huh?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 02:57:47 PM by jgcblack » Logged

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 04, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »

nope on the river he wont fold a single hand that you beat.. the river is a lot lot closer to a c/call than a shove, by shoving we eliminate all of his draws from continuing.

its spew.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: