blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:27:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 253 Go Down Print
Author Topic: An Ape and a notebook, how long will it take?  (Read 476204 times)
LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: May 06, 2012, 11:21:34 AM »

Best spot had to be

UTG opens 450, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls 450, fold, fold, I peel  and reraise 1900 (playing 55k).... David L'honore (sick online mtt player playing 25k) makes it 4700, total random in BB makes it 11000 straight.... UTG fold, MP1 folds....

I tank, tank, tannnnnnkkkkkk.... working out exact pot sizes on each street if i do x, or y, or z... vs each opponent and play the entire hand out both preflop and post if i take all my logical options (call or raise, Tongue).

Then I raise to 18500, and Dave puke folds.... the dude in BB now sigh shoves for 18K more... I snap and he shows us the  .

We hold and EZZZZ game up to 80k when the avg is 32k.

Lol at description, there's 0 excuse for the 22, he never has JT, 97, any pair <JJ when his sizing is 44% of his stack. No fold equity there at all. But at least that was the only one Smiley

Talking about isoing the weaker players not long before this hand, and you were saying only opportunity you would get to do it is vs EP opens, had BB not woken up with his hand I was obv getting it in with you and chopping the pot Smiley

Again there's no need for the "work out each pot sizes etc" he's put in 11k out of his 27 as a COLD 5 BET - from bb - without doing much else previously. I'd just be hating life with Kings but obv flicking it in with your 80k at the time or w/e.

GL monday, minimal spew - do you have the majority of your action seeing as you won a seat? Hope you do Smiley
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 06, 2012, 12:21:21 PM »

Best spot had to be

UTG opens 450, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls 450, fold, fold, I peel  and reraise 1900 (playing 55k).... David L'honore (sick online mtt player playing 25k) makes it 4700, total random in BB makes it 11000 straight.... UTG fold, MP1 folds....

I tank, tank, tannnnnnkkkkkk.... working out exact pot sizes on each street if i do x, or y, or z... vs each opponent and play the entire hand out both preflop and post if i take all my logical options (call or raise, Tongue).

Then I raise to 18500, and Dave puke folds.... the dude in BB now sigh shoves for 18K more... I snap and he shows us the  .

We hold and EZZZZ game up to 80k when the avg is 32k.

Lol at description, there's 0 excuse for the 22, he never has JT, 97, any pair <JJ when his sizing is 44% of his stack. No fold equity there at all. But at least that was the only one Smiley

Talking about isoing the weaker players not long before this hand, and you were saying only opportunity you would get to do it is vs EP opens, had BB not woken up with his hand I was obv getting it in with you and chopping the pot Smiley

Again there's no need for the "work out each pot sizes etc" he's put in 11k out of his 27 as a COLD 5 BET - from bb - without doing much else previously. I'd just be hating life with Kings but obv flicking it in with your 80k at the time or w/e.

GL monday, minimal spew - do you have the majority of your action seeing as you won a seat? Hope you do Smiley

Appreciate the comments and the gl, i would however contest the above points slightly...

There was some history with us two - includinging 3bt SB vs Btn and showing a  Two Diamonds and some other stuff.... so 'he can' have spews/ random hands he doesnt want to give up with/ but doesn't know how to play....  live reads ftw, and the cold 5bt was lovely... I was super happy about KK, but more worried about L'honore in the SB cold 4-ing me... as he is a very good tournament player, a mate and we often have pieces of each other..... so in this spot he's never ever <JJ or AQ... which is a scary range when I know he's not getting QQ in if i come over the top.

- Also in the 22 hand, we were both eating food and I picked up 'something' that in my mind told me he had a high card type hand... I was happy to flip for 1/3 my stack IF he called.  Turned out I was wrong and he had DEM ACES! nvm.

Who are you btw? Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 06, 2012, 12:25:57 PM »

none off this changes the fact you have the nut low hand, and have ignored the most blatent bet-sizing tell i history Cheesy

jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 06, 2012, 12:31:40 PM »

What would you do with 22-99 here if you didn't want to just call pre vs a randomly spazzy player oop?

and if you 3bt what do you do when he clicks it and you think he doesn't have a pair?

LonOhRay

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 06, 2012, 02:21:49 PM »

What would you do with 22-99 here if you didn't want to just call pre vs a randomly spazzy player oop?

and if you 3bt what do you do when he clicks it and you think he doesn't have a pair?

If hes a random spazzy player with 45bbs I will happily call pre and let him be randomly spazzy when I make my set and stack him as 3b/5b or 3b/c is just moronic spew at this stage in this tournament with <nut hands

L'Honoré also had KK in the 3b 4b 5b 6b hand Wink Doesn't want the table to know he'd fold that one
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 06, 2012, 06:50:46 PM »

If hes a random spazzy player with 45bbs I will happily call pre and let him be randomly spazzy when I make my set and stack him as 3b/5b or 3b/c is just moronic spew at this stage in this tournament with <nut hands

L'Honoré also had KK in the 3b 4b 5b 6b hand Wink Doesn't want the table to know he'd fold that one

lollers... love that to be true about Dave.

probably better i guess with the pairs, didn't want to wait for a set, wanted him to get his KJ and eyeball me and I snap with 22 and be the heroooo! Cheesy

tomorrow then!

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: May 06, 2012, 09:35:13 PM »

I had two hands that involved live reads. One I was correct and felt awesome. Second one he owned me and I wanted my mummy. Live reads are v.rarely certain, but lead me to call instead of fold when its close. Unless you find a super slam dunk Oreo tell

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 06, 2012, 11:35:53 PM »

I had two hands that involved live reads. One I was correct and felt awesome. Second one he owned me and I wanted my mummy. Live reads are v.rarely certain, but lead me to call instead of fold when its close. Unless you find a super slam dunk Oreo tell

I have one on a Luton reg and when he does it I just start shovelling money into the pot.... biggest case of this was I had  two spades three clubs on a  board and just kept piling money in till the river, when I shoved my last £220 as a pot bet and he snap folded.  Solid read evidenced over lots of hands, but now when i see it - I literally set the countdown to 10 secs then take off!

Cheesy

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: May 07, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »

Firstly don't think people don't have pairs, people can always have pairs. You're right what you say, that 22-99are "good hands to 3b/5b jam as you usually have 30% against even a pretty tight 4b/calling range - HOWEVER, and the one massive thing you've missed is that this is when you have FOLD EQUITY, here, despite what you seen to think, you have no fold equity, he is calling 999/1000, and when he folds he is prolly folding TT lol. So even given your ridic read that he has NO PAIRS ever we're flipping for 90bigs for no reason at all.

You need to run the equitys here, vs a 3bet range that only includes QQ-AA you are doing pretty meh, there is just really really no need - 22 is NOT a good hand, it's actually if you do equity work with it, a very poor hand, it's strength comes from everyone having deep stacks and you flopping a 2, don't go around getting 45 big in with it without good reason.

probably better i guess with the pairs, didn't want to wait for a set, wanted him to get his KJ and eyeball me and I snap with 22 and be the heroooo! Cheesy

why why whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy delilah

dobedobedobedobedo

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 07, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »

22 hand is just cringe. Call pre ainec. I know exactly why 3 bet/5 bet. Cos when he folds (which he never was going to do) you can show him the 2 again.

His sizing is pretty terrible. He's made it an easy fold for you. He should just be clicking it back or jamming.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: May 07, 2012, 10:55:15 AM »

22 hand is just cringe. Call pre ainec. I know exactly why 3 bet/5 bet. Cos when he folds (which he never was going to do) you can show him the 2 again.

His sizing is pretty terrible. He's made it an easy fold for you. He should just be clicking it back or jamming.

all of this, especially showing the deuce.

dont talk, dont spew. just grind, value bet and win. im all for having a laugh at poker and having a good time, but when it has a huge detrimental effect of your game it should be headphones on and mouth zipped time.

all of forum funking for you hard today mate. lego.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 07, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »

Showing the deuce has future implied odds though imo Wink

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: May 07, 2012, 01:24:43 PM »

Showing the deuce has future implied odds though imo Wink

dont alex, please:D

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: May 07, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »

all of forum funking for you hard today mate. lego.

yesssss

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: May 07, 2012, 01:39:26 PM »

GL JOHN!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 ... 253 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: